The Fremennik Isles/Quick guide
Details[edit | edit source]
|Start point||Talk to Mord Gunnars in northern Rellekka.|
|Description||Sibling rivalry can get messy - more so when the siblings are Fremennik princes with a point to prove. The islands of Jatizso and Neitiznot were set up by two brothers who hated each other, and they have been at loggerheads ever since. But now there is a new threat from trolls in the north... Can you prove your loyalty to both brothers and save the islanders from a fate as troll food? Your skills as a Fremennik warrior, a bridge builder and... a jester will be tested on the islands.|
|Enemies to defeat|
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
Note: There is a bank on the isles so for the most part you do not have to worry about keeping all items in your inventory.
The jester outfit[edit | edit source]
- Talk to Mord Gunnars at the most northern dock in Rellekka to be taken to Jatizso.
- Talk to King Gjuki Sorvott IV in the checkered floor room. His cat will intervene.
- Speak to him again to give him the raw tuna.
- Speak to him again to give him the ores.
- Take all four pieces of the jester outfit from the chest behind the king's throne.
- Quick travel back to Rellekka via Mord Gunnars at the docks to the south.
The spymaster's first task[edit | edit source]
Items required: Silly jester hat, silly jester top, silly jester tights, silly jester boots
- Quick travel to Neitiznot via Maria Gunnars on the docks next to Mord.
- Remove anything from your weapon and shield slots and put on the Jester outfit (hat, boots, tights, top)
- Speak with Slug Hemligssen north of the bank.
- Talk to Mawnis Burowgar in the building south of the bank.
- During the cutscene, follow the commands Mawnis gives using the right-side panel.
- Return to Slug Hemligssen. He will give you 2500 coins. ,
Bridge repairs[edit | edit source]
Optional: Food, Prayer potions, armour to tank the level 85 Ice trolls.
- Speak to Mawnis Burowgar again without the Jester Outfit
- Speak to Mawnis Burowgar with the ropes, split logs, and knife in your inventory with atleast one empty inventory slot.
- If you do not have split logs, chop Arctic Pine trees until you have eight logs and use them on the Woodcutting stumps just east of the bank.
- If you are crafting your own shield, then cut two extra logs now.
- Speak to Thakkrad to learn how to repair the bridges.
Note: Keep Protect from Missiles on at all times while repairing the bridges as any damage taken is stacked and applied after the bridge repair animation completes.
The king's tax collector[edit | edit source]
Optional items: 5000 coins for black market yak trading after the quest
- Quick travel to Jatizso via Mord.
- Speak with King Gjuki Sorvott IV.
- Tax the shop keepers of Jatizso:
- Hring Hring must pay 8,000, he is in south-western most house.
- Skuli Myrka must pay 6,000, north from Hring.
- Vanligga Gastfrihet must pay 5,000, north from kings palace. (Offer to pay her taxes for her; this provides the capability to trade in black market yak goods after the quest.)
- Keepa Kettilon must pay 5,000, east from Vanligga.
- Talk to King Gjuki.
- Collect taxes from the following people for 1,000:
- Hring Hring.
- Raum Urda-Stein in the same house as Hring Hring.
- Skuli Myrka.
- Keepa Kettilon.
- Flosi Dalksson in the same house as Keepa Kettilon.
- Speak with the King Gjuki.
- Quick travel back to Rellekka via Mord.
The spymaster's second task[edit | edit source]
Items required: Silly jester hat; Silly jester top; Silly jester tights; Silly jester boots; Yak-hide armour (top) and Yak-hide armour (legs) OR 15 coins, needle, and thread; Neitiznot shield OR two Arctic pine logs, one bronze nail, a hammer, and rope.
- Quick travel to Neitiznot via Maria.
- Speak with Spymaster Slug again.
- Equip only the jester outfit again.
- Speak with Mawnis to induce another Jester cutscene.
- Speak with Slug once again.
- Ferry back to Rellekka and then to Jatizso.
- Speak to King Gjuki Sorvott IV to obtain the royal decree (1 inv spot needed, otherwise you have to repeat dialogue).
- Travel back to Neitiznot and speak with Mawnis. (Don't forget to take off the jester outfit)
- It is easier to buy the yak-hide armour from the GE. If you can't or don't want to you can kill 3 yaks directly west of Mawnis to acquire their hides and craft them on the island.
- Have them cured by Thakkrad Sigmundson for 5gp each.
- Use thread and needle on the hides to craft a body and leggings.
- Speak with Mawnis and now he wants you to craft a shield.
- Speak with Mawnis again.
The troll king[edit | edit source]
Note: Use a Melee weapon as the troll king has high Magic and Ranged Defence.
- Equipping it is actually not required to enter the cave, or fight the king, but will heavily reduce damage, and thus is highly recommended.
Note: This is a multi-combat zone. Melee and Ranged Ice Trolls will attack you.
Make sure to equip the Yak armour and legs, and the Neitiznot shield.
- Use Protect from Melee while running to the east side cave entrance of the farthest north isle.
- Enter the cave to start a cutscene.
- Talk to Bork Sigmundson to obtain some food, prayer pots, and strength pots during battle.
- Kill ten trolls, you will see a message saying "You have defeated enough trolls to attack the King."
- Turn on Protect from Missiles before crossing the bridge.
- Turn on Protect from Magic for the duration of the fight. Kill the troll king. DO NOT use Protect from Melee because King will use the long distance attack as Dad does.
- Decapitate the troll king's corpse.
- Return to Mawnis Burowgar.
Optional: Make sure to claim the prayer potions from Bork Sigmundson at the entrance.
Rewards[edit | edit source]
- 1 Quest point
- 5,000 Construction experience
- 5,000 Crafting experience
- 10,000 Woodcutting experience
- Two lots of 10,000 Combat experience (choose between Strength, Attack, Defence or Hitpoints).
- A Fremennik royal helm known as the helm of neitiznot, which is the equivalent of a berserker helm with a +3 Prayer bonus, slightly better Magic and crush Defence, and no negative bonuses. If a player loses the helm, they can talk to Mawnis Burowgar to buy another one for 50,000 coins.
- Access to Arctic Pine trees.
- Access to an island with a runite rock northeast of Neitiznot, which also has seven (7) coal rocks nearby.
- Access to the Jatizso mine, which contains up to adamantite rocks.
- Around 20,000 coins in assorted rewards during quest.
- The banks in Neitiznot and Jatizso are close to water, range, furnace, fishing spots, mining ores; a spinning wheel is also nearby.
- If the jester outfit is lost, a player can retrieve another one from the chest behind King Gjuki Sorvott IV's throne.
- Learn the ability to create yak-hide armour and Neitiznot shields.
- The Contraband Yak Produce shop is available on Jatizso if a player refunds the 5,000 coin tax to Vanligga Gastfrihet, who is north of the king.
Required for completing[edit | edit source]