The Fremennik Isles/Quick guide
|The Fremennik Isles (#119)|
|Release date||6 February 2007 (Update)|
|Developer||Chihiro Y, Ben W, Douglas H|
Details[edit | edit source]
|Start point||Talk to Mord Gunnars in northern Rellekka.|
|Description||Sibling rivalry can get messy - more so when the siblings are Fremennik princes with a point to prove. The islands of Jatizso and Neitiznot were set up by two brothers who hated each other, and they have been at loggerheads ever since. But now there is a new threat from trolls in the north... Can you prove your loyalty to both brothers and save the islanders from a fate as troll food? Your skills as a Fremennik warrior, a bridge builder and... a jester will be tested on the islands.|
|Enemies to defeat|
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
Note: There is a bank on the isles so for the most part you do not have to worry about keeping all items in your inventory.
The jester outfit[edit | edit source]
- Talk to Mord Gunnars at the most northern dock in Rellekka to be taken to Jatizso.
- Talk to King Gjuki Sorvott IV in the checkered floor room. His cat will intervene.
- Speak to him again to give him the raw tuna.
- Speak to him again to give him the ores.
- Take all four pieces of the jester outfit from the chest behind the king's throne.
- Quick travel back to Rellekka via Mord Gunnars at the docks to the south.
The spymaster's first task[edit | edit source]
Items required: Silly jester hat, silly jester top, silly jester tights, silly jester boots
- Quick travel to Neitiznot via Maria Gunnars on the docks next to Mord.
- Remove anything from your weapon and shield slots and put on the Jester outfit (hat, boots, tights, top)
- Speak with Slug Hemligssen north of the bank.
- Talk to Mawnis Burowgar in the building south of the bank.
- During the cutscene, follow the commands Mawnis gives using the right-side panel.
- Return to Slug Hemligssen. He will give you 2500 coins.
Bridge repairs[edit | edit source]
Optional: Food, Prayer potions, armour to tank the level 85 Ice trolls.
- Take off the Jester outfit and speak to Mawnis Burowgar again.
- Speak to Mawnis with the ropes, split logs, and knife in your inventory with atleast one empty inventory slot.
- If you do not have split logs, chop Arctic Pine trees until you have eight logs and use them on the Woodcutting stumps just east of the bank.
- If you are crafting your own shield, then cut two extra logs now.
- Speak to Thakkrad to learn how to repair the bridges.
Note: Keep Protect from Missiles on at all times while repairing the bridges as any damage taken is stacked and applied after the bridge repair animation completes.
- Travel north, across the rope bridge and repair the broken bridges on the east and west sides of the island (right-click option to repair).
- Talk to Mawnis.
- Quick travel back to Rellekka via Maria at the dock to the south-west.
The king's tax collector[edit | edit source]
Optional items: 5000 coins for black market yak trading after the quest
- Quick travel to Jatizso via Mord.
- Speak with King Gjuki Sorvott IV.
- Tax the shop keepers of Jatizso:
- Hring Hring must pay 8,000, he is in south-western most house.
- Skuli Myrka must pay 6,000, north from Hring.
- Vanligga Gastfrihet must pay 5,000, north from kings palace. (Offer to pay her taxes for her; this provides the capability to trade in black market yak goods after the quest.)
- Keepa Kettilon must pay 5,000, east from Vanligga.
- Talk to King Gjuki.
- Collect taxes from the following people for 1,000:
- Hring Hring.
- Raum Urda-Stein in a house with Hring Hring.
- Skuli Myrka.
- Keepa Kettilon.
- Flosi Dalksson in a house with Keepa Kettilon.
- Speak with the King Gjuki.
- Quick travel back to Rellekka via Mord.
The spymaster's second task[edit | edit source]
Items required: Silly jester hat; Silly jester top; Silly jester tights; Silly jester boots; Yak-hide armour (top) and Yak-hide armour (legs) OR 15 coins, needle, and thread; Fremennik shield (The Fremennik Isles) OR two Arctic pine logs, one bronze nail, a hammer, and rope.
- Quick travel to Neitiznot via Maria.
- Speak with Spymaster Slug again.
- Equip only the jester outfit again.
- Speak with Mawnis to induce another Jester cutscene.
- Speak with Slug once again.
- Ferry back to Rellekka and then to Jatizso.
- Speak to King Gjuki Sorvott IV to obtain the royal decree.
- Travel back to Neitiznot and speak with Mawnis.
- It is easier to buy the yak-hide armour from the GE. However, you can kill 3 yaks to acquire their hides directly west of Mawnis and craft them on the island.
- Have them cured by Thakkrad Sigmundson for 5gp each.
- Use thread and needle on the hides to craft a body and leggings.
- Speak with Mawnis and now he wants you to craft a shield.
- Speak with Mawnis again.
The troll king[edit | edit source]
Note: Use a Melee weapon as the troll king has high Magic and Ranged Defence. As the boss area is instanced, any items dropped upon death will be lost
- Equipping it is actually not required to enter the cave, or fight the king, but will heavily reduce damage, and thus is highly recommended.
Note: This is a multi-combat zone. Melee and Ranged Ice Trolls will attack you.
Before entering the cave, bank your chest piece, your leg armour, your shield and any unnecessary items. Make sure to equip the Yak armour and legs, and the fremennik shield. If you die whilst fighting the troll king, you can NOT retrieve your items.
- Use Protect from Missiles while running to the east side cave entrance of the farthest north isle.
- Enter the cave to start a cutscene.
- Talk to Bork Sigmundson to obtain some food, prayer pots, and strength pots during battle.
- Kill ten trolls, you will see a message saying "You have defeated enough trolls to attack the King."
- Turn on Protect from Missle before crossing the bridge and for the duration of the fight. Kill the troll king.
- Decapitate the troll king's corpse.
- Return to Mawnis Burowgar.
Rewards[edit | edit source]
- 1 Quest Quest point
- 5,000 Construction Construction experience
- 5,000 Crafting Crafting experience
- 10,000 Woodcutting Woodcutting experience
- Two lots of 10,000 Combat Combat experience (choose between Strength Strength, Attack Attack, Defence Defence or Hitpoints Hitpoints).
- A Fremennik royal helm known as the helm of neitiznot, which is the equivalent of a berserker helm with a +3 Prayer bonus, slightly better Magic and crush Defence, and no negative bonuses. If a player loses the helm, they can talk to Mawnis Burowgar to buy another one for 50,000 coins.
- Access to Arctic Pine trees.
- Access to an island with a runite rock northeast of Neitiznot, which also has seven (7) coal rocks nearby.
- Access to the Jatizso mine, which contains up to adamantite rocks.
- Around 20,000 coins in assorted rewards during quest.
- The banks in Neitiznot and Jatizso are close to water, range, furnace, fishing spots, mining ores; a spinning wheel is also nearby.
- If the jester outfit is lost, a player can retrieve another one from the chest behind King Gjuki Sorvott IV's throne.
- Learn the ability to create Yak-hide armour and Fremennik round shield.
- The Contraband Yak Produce shop is available on Jatizso if a player refunds the 5,000 coin tax to Vanligga Gastfrihet, who is north of the king.