The Fremennik Trials/Quick guide
Details[edit | edit source]
|Start point||Speak to Brundt the Chieftain (located in the longhall) in Rellekka.|
|Description||Council workmen have at last found the time to make repairs to the footbridge that connects Kandarin with the Barbarian town of Rellekka. Do you have what it takes to impress the barbarians who live there, and perhaps be welcomed as an honorary member of their clan?|
|Enemies to defeat||
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
Starting out[edit | edit source]
Manni the Reveller, Olaf the Bard and Sigli the Huntsman[edit | edit source]
- Talk to Manni the Reveller while in the longhall.
- If you don't already have a beer, take a keg of beer off the table (not the empty tankard or beer tankard).
- Take the keg of beer and challenge Manni to a drinking contest. You will lose
- Talk to Olaf the Bard just east of the longhall.
- Talk to Sigli the Huntsman near the entrance of the longhall to obtain the Hunters' Talisman.
- To get a lyre, either make it yourself (Requires 25 40 40 ) or kill Lanzig (1/17 drop rate). Killing lanzig takes longer on average. Either way you must enchant it.
Option 1: Making the lyre yourself[edit | edit source]
Items required: Axe of any kind, knife
- Walk to the Swaying tree that is east of the entrance to Rellekka (north-west of the Golden Apple Tree at AJR) at the rare trees icon. Chop a branch and fletch an unstrung lyre.
- Talk to Lalli to the south-east of the Swaying tree, ask about the other human
- Talk to Askeladden just outside the longhall to get a pet rock.
- Pick a cabbage, potato, and onion from the farming patch in the south-east corner of Rellekka.
- Return to Lalli, and offer the pet rock.
- Use the cabbage, potato, onion, and pet rock on the stew (cauldron).
- Talk to Lalli.
- Spin the golden wool on a spinning wheel and use it on the lyre. (See next step to spin wool)
Option 2: Killing Lanzig (takes a long time with bad luck)[edit | edit source]
- Lanzig lives in a hut just east of the entrance to the longhall. Kill Lanzig until he drops the lyre, a 1/17 chance. Safespottable at the firepit or outside his door.)
Seers' Village[edit | edit source]
- Teleport to Camelot or walk to Seers' Village
- If you are making the lyre yourself, spin the golden fleece into a ball of golden wool while in Seers' Village, and use the golden wool on your unstrung Lyre.
- Go to the Seers' Village pub and talk to the Poison Salesman to buy low alcohol keg for 250 coins.
- Buy a regular beer if you forgot to take a beer tankard.
Back to Rellekka[edit | edit source]
- Use a Rellekka house teleport to return, or simply walk back. If walking, left-click on your talisman to check if The Draugen is nearby on your way. If so, kill him.
- Give the beer, or beer tankard, to the council workman by the bridge south of Rellekka to obtain strange object.
- Go north across the bridge, then walk a bit west until you see a small narrow path heading south into the water. (The rib cage sticking out of the floor on the left side of the bridge heading into Rellekka)
- Use your raw shark/manta ray/sea turtle on the strange altar to enchant your lyre.
- Follow your talisman by left-clicking on it and kill The Draugen now if you haven't already.
- Once done, head back into Rellekka and talk to Sigli at the entrance.
- Head to the outside of the longhall to the pipe on the eastern wall. Use a tinderbox on your strange object and use it on the pipe.
- Enter the north-eastern back door of the longhall, walk onto the stage and play your lyre.
- Exit the back door, enter the main long hall, take a keg of beer off the table.
- Use your low alcohol keg on the keg of beer.
- Challenge Manni to a drinking contest again.
[edit | edit source]
- Talk to Sigmund The Merchant in the market.
- Talk to the Sailor on the docks to the north-west.
- Talk to Olaf the Bard just east of the longhall.
- Talk to Yrsa at the clothing store west of the market.
- Talk to Brundt the Chieftain in the longhall. or if you are doing or have finished Mountain Daughter
- Talk to Sigli the Huntsman just south of the longhall.
- Talk to Skulgrimen in the hut just north of the longhall.
- Talk to the Fisherman north of the market.
- Talk to Swensen the Navigator in the building south of the market.
- Talk to Swensen again.
- Climb down the ladder and take the South, West, East, North, South, East, then North portals. Climb up the ladder.
- Talk to Peer the Seer just north-west of Swensen.
- Talk to Thorvald the Warrior in the hut just north of the longhall.
- Talk to Manni the Reveller in the longhall.
- Talk to Thora the Barkeep in the longhall.
- Talk to Askeladden in front of the longhall, pay him 5,000 coins.
- Head back and talk to (in order):
Thorvald the Warrior[edit | edit source]
- Bring a dramen branch(Note: Must have started lost city to get a dramen branch), celastrus bark (bark requires 40 Fletching (optional)) or an event rpg, a stat boosting amulet, combat bracelet, knife (optional), food, potions and rings of recoil.
- Talk to Thorvald just north of the longhall.
- Climb down the ladder. If you have a knife and dramen branch, cut it into a staff and equip it. You can also use celastrus bark to fletch a battlestaff(requires 30 attack and magic to wield)
- Fight the first 3 forms of Koschei the Deathless without weapons, armour, or runes. (You can pray flick him for the first 3 forms, making this part of the fight relatively easy) You can bring food. (be careful as dying in these forms is dangerous for Hardcore Ironmen).
- Let the 4th form kill you, it will hit you very rapidly (this is safe for Hardcore Ironmen).
Peer the Seer[edit | edit source]
- Talk to Peer the Seer in the SW corner of the market.
- He will deposit all your items except anything that is unbankable. (you cannot progress through this part of the quest if anything in your inventory is unbankable).
- Enter the west door to his house, read the riddle.
- Each line of the riddle gives you one letter of a four-letter word.
My first is in mage, but not in wizard...
My first is in tar, but not in a swamp...
My first is in the well, but not at sea...
My first is in fish, but not in the sea...
My first is in water, and also in tea...
My first is in wizard, but not in a mage...
- Climb upstairs and search/study to get a bucket, wooden disk, red disk, jug, red herring:
- South-western cupboard
- Unicorn head
- Bull head
- Southern chest
- Northern bookcase
- Use the red herring on the cooking range.
- Use the sticky red goop on the wooden disk.
- Open the trapdoor on the east side, then climb down the ladder and use the two red disks on the abstract mural.
- Return upstairs and use the bucket on the tap by the cooking range.
- Use the full bucket on the jug.
- Use the jug on the drain.
- Use the 2/5ths bucket on the empty jug.
- Refill the bucket.
- Use the full bucket on the 2/3rds jug.
- Use the 4/5ths bucket on the chest with the scale.
- Fill the vase with water and add the lid.
- Use the sealed vase on the frozen table.
- Use the frozen key on the cooking range.
- You can now leave by the eastern building door.
Finishing up[edit | edit source]
- Talk to Brundt the Chieftain.
Rewards[edit | edit source]
- 3 Quest points
- 2812.4 Agility experience
- 2812.4 Attack experience
- 2812.4 Crafting experience
- 2812.4 Defence experience
- 2812.4 Fishing experience
- 2812.4 Fletching experience
- 2812.4 Hitpoints experience
- 2812.4 Strength experience
- 2812.4 Thieving experience
- 2812.4 Woodcutting experience
- Access to the islands of Miscellania, Etceteria, Neitiznot, and Jatizso along with access to the facilities in Rellekka.
- Ability to wear the Fremennik warrior, berserker, archer, and farseer helms
- Ability to have Fossegrimen create the enchanted lyre(i)
Required for completing[edit | edit source]
Completion of The Fremennik Trials is required for the following:
- The Fremennik Isles
- Throne of Miscellania
- Olaf's Quest
- Lunar Diplomacy
- All tiers of the Fremennik Diary