The Fremennik Trials/Quick guide
|The Fremennik Trials (#62)|
|Release date||2 November 2004 (Update)|
- 1 Details
- 2 Walkthrough
- 2.1 Starting out
- 2.2 Olaf the Bard, Manni the Reveller and Sigli the Huntsman
- 2.3 Seers' Village
- 2.4 Back to Rellekka
- 2.5 Sigmund the Merchant and Swensen the Navigator
- 2.6 Thorvald the Warrior
- 2.7 Peer the Seer
- 2.8 Finishing up
- 3 Reward
- 4 Required for completing
Details[edit | edit source]
|Start point||Speak to Brundt the Chieftain (located in the longhall) in Rellekka.|
|Description||Council workmen have at last found the time to make repairs to the footbridge that connects Kandarin with the Barbarian town of Rellekka. Do you have what it takes to impress the barbarians who live there, and perhaps be welcomed as an honorary member of their clan?|
|Enemies to defeat||
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
Starting out[edit | edit source]
Olaf the Bard, Manni the Reveller and Sigli the Huntsman[edit | edit source]
- Talk to Manni the Reveller while in the longhall.
- Take a beer tankard off the table (not the empty tankard).
- Talk to Olaf the Bard just east of the longhall.
- Talk to Sigli the Huntsman near the entrance of the longhall to obtain the Hunters' Talisman.
- To get a lyre, kill Lanzig, (1/17 drop rate) or make it yourself. Either way you must enchant it.
Option 1: killing Lanzig[edit | edit source]
- Lanzig lives in a hut just east of the longhall, Kill Lanzig until he drops the lyre.
Option 2: making the lyre yourself[edit | edit source]
- Walk to the Swaying tree that is east of the entrance to Rellekka (north-west of the Golden Apple Tree). Chop a branch and fletch an unstrung lyre.
- Talk to Lalli to the south-east of the Swaying tree, ask about the other human
- Talk to Askeladden just outside the longhall to get a pet rock.
- Pick a cabbage, potato, and onion from the farming patch in the south-east corner.
- Return to Lalli, and offer the pet rock.
- Use the rock, cabbage, potato, and onion on the stew.
- Talk to Lalli.
- Spin the golden wool on a spinning wheel and use it on the lyre. (See next step to spin wool)
Seers' Village[edit | edit source]
- Teleport to Camelot or walk to Seers' Village
- If you are making the lyre yourself, spin the golden fleece into a ball of golden wool while in Seers' Village, and use the golden wool on your unstrung Lyre.
- Go to the Seers' Village pub and talk to the Poison Salesman to buy low alcohol beer for 250 coins.
- Buy a regular beer if you forgot to take a beer tankard.
Back to Rellekka[edit | edit source]
- Use a Rellekka house teleport to return, or simply walk back. If walking, left-click on your talisman to check if the Draugen is nearby on your way. If so, kill him.
- Give the beer, or beer tankard, to the council workman by the bridge south of Rellekka to obtain strange object.
- Go north across the bridge, then walk a bit west until you see a small narrow path heading south into the water. ( The rib cage sticking out of the floor on the left side of the bridge heading into Rellekka )
- Use your raw shark on the strange altar to enchant your lyre.
- Follow your talisman by left-clicking on it and kill the Draugen now if you haven't already.
- Once done, head back into Rellekka and talk to Sigli at the entrance.
- Head to the outside of the longhall to the pipe on the eastern wall. Use a tinderbox on your strange object and use it on the pipe.
- Enter the north-eastern back door of the longhall, walk onto the stage and play your lyre.
- Exit the back door, enter the main long hall, take a keg of beer off the table.
- Use your low alcohol keg on the keg of beer.
- Challenge Manni to a drinking contest.
[edit | edit source]
- Talk to Sigmund The Merchant in the market.
- Talk to the sailor to the north-west.
- Talk to Olaf the Bard just east of the longhall.
- Talk to Yrsa at the clothing store west of the market.
- Talk to Brundt the Chieftain in the longhall. or if you are doing or have finished Mountain Daughter
- Talk to Sigli the Huntsman just south of the longhall.
- Talk to Skulgrimen in the hut just north of the longhall.
- Talk to the fisherman north of the market.
- Talk to Swensen the Navigator just south of the market.
- Talk to Swensen again , in the building south of the market.
- Climb down the ladder and take the South, West, East, North, South, East, then North portals. Climb up the ladder.
- Talk to Peer the Seer just north-west of Swensen.
- Talk to Thorvald the Warrior in the hut just north of the longhall.
- Talk to Manni the Reveller in the longhall.
- Talk to Thora the Barkeep in the longhall.
- Talk to Askeladden in front of the longhall, pay him 5,000 coins.
- Head back and talk to (in order): Thora, Manni, Thorvald, Seer, Swensen, Fisherman, Skulgrimen, Sigli, Brundt, Yrsa, Olaf, Sailor, Sigmund.
Thorvald the Warrior[edit | edit source]
- Bring nothing but a dramen branch, knife, food and potions. You also cannot bring clue scrolls down the ladder.
- Talk to Thorvald just north of the longhall.
- Climb down the ladder. If you have a knife and dramen branch, cut it into a staff now.
- Fight the first 3 forms of Koschei the Deathless without weapons, armour, or runes. You can bring food. (be careful as dying in these forms is dangerous for Hardcore Ironmen).
- Let the 4th form kill you, it will hit you very rapidly (this is safe for Hardcore Ironmen).
Peer the Seer[edit | edit source]
- Talk to Peer the Seer in the SW corner of the market.
- He will deposit all your items.
- Enter the west door to his house, read the riddle.
- Each line of the riddle gives you one letter of a four-letter word.
Possible answers are: FIRE, LIFE, MAGE, MIND, TIME, TREE, WIND (see full guide for answers to the riddles).
- Climb upstairs and search/study: south-western cupboard, unicorn and bull heads, southern chest and the northern bookcase (bucket, wooden disk, red disk, jug, red herring).
- Use the red herring on the cooking range.
- Use the sticky red goop on the wooden disk.
- Open the trapdoor on the east side, then climb down the ladder and use the two red disks on the abstract mural.
- Return upstairs and use the bucket on the tap by the cooking range.
- Use the full bucket on the jug.
- Use the jug on the drain.
- Use the 2/5ths bucket on the empty jug.
- Refill the bucket.
- Use the full bucket on the 2/3rds jug.
- Use the 4/5ths bucket on the chest with the scale.
- Fill the vase with water and add the lid.
- Use the sealed vase on the frozen table.
- Use the frozen key on the cooking range.
- You can now leave by the eastern building door.
Finishing up[edit | edit source]
- Talk to Brundt the Chieftain.
Reward[edit | edit source]
- 3 Quest Quest point
- 2812.4 Agility Agility experience
- 2812.4 Attack Attack experience
- 2812.4 Crafting Crafting experience
- 2812.4 Defence Defence experience
- 2812.4 Fishing Fishing experience
- 2812.4 Fletching Fletching experience
- 2812.4 Hitpoints Hitpoints experience
- 2812.4 Strength Strength experience
- 2812.4 Thieving Thieving experience
- 2812.4 Woodcutting Woodcutting experience
- Access to the islands of Miscellania, Etceteria, Neitiznot, and Jatizso along with access to the facilities in Rellekka.
- Ability to wear the Fremennik warrior, berserker, archer, and farseer helms
- Ability to have Fossegrimen create the enchanted lyre(i)
Required for completing[edit | edit source]
Completion of The Fremennik Trials is required for the following:
- The Fremennik Isles
- Throne of Miscellania
- Olaf's Quest
- Lunar Diplomacy
- All tiers of the Fremennik Diary