|Released||25 July 2019 (Update)|
|Please add a map!|
The Gauntlet is a solo minigame in Prifddinas in which the player is given a limited amount of time to explore a randomly generated dungeon layout, gather various resources and supplies by skilling and defeating crystalline monsters, all in preparation to defeat the Crystalline Hunllef, which is based upon a deadly wolf-like predator from the elven homeworld of Tarddiad. The Gauntlet was created as a training ground by the Amlodd Clan to ensure their warriors were capable of defending Prifddinas during the God Wars.
Players cannot bring any items within The Gauntlet; a chest can be found by the entrance to temporarily store their items before they enter, but are returned once they leave The Gauntlet. In addition, it is classified as a dangerous minigame, despite not requiring any items to participate; rather, it means hardcore ironmen will lose their hardcore status should they die in The Gauntlet.
The area contains crystals, roots, herbs and fish obtainable through Mining, Woodcutting, Fishing and other gathering methods, in order to make weapons, armour, potions and food. These various resources will not require a specific skill level to gather, though higher skill levels will grant more resources at a faster rate. The dungeon will also contain various crystalline monsters, such as bats, unicorns and dark beasts, which can be killed for further supplies. Higher level monsters will offer better drops at the cost of taking more time to defeat.
Completion of The Gauntlet will reward players with various loot, including crystal armour seeds for crystal armour, the Blade of saeldor, and crystal shards to charge the previous items. Failing to finish, either by death or leaving early, will give a small token reward based upon how well the player performed, but won't grant any chance of unique items.
Basic Overview[edit | edit source]
The player will spawn in the center room of a 7x7 grid of rooms. One of the adjacent rooms will contain the Gauntlet's boss, the Crystalline Hunllef. The player has a 10 minute timer to prepare to fight this boss, after which the player will automatically get teleported into the boss room. The player can also choose to manually enter the boss room.
During these 10 minutes, the player prepares by making items. Firstly, the player can make a halberd, staff and/or bow. These weapons have 3 tiers. As the boss uses prayer, two weapons are needed. Next, the player can make helmets, body armour or leg armour. These also have 3 tiers. Finally, the player can make food and a potion for the boss fight.
Starting Room[edit | edit source]
The player starts with the following items in their inventory:
|Crystal sceptre||Weak melee weapon. This item is required to Light Nodes (i.e. to visit new rooms)|
|Crystal axe||Used to chop Phren bark|
|Crystal pickaxe||Used to mine Crystal ore|
|Crystal harpoon||Used to fish Raw paddlefish|
|Pestle and mortar||Used to grind Crystal shards x 10 into Crystal dust x 10|
|Teleport crystal||Single-use item teleporting the player back to the starting room.|
The Starting Room contains a few features:
|Singing Bowl||Used to craft vials, teleport crystals, weapons and armour|
|Teleport Platform||Used to abandon the current Gauntlet game|
|Tool Storage||Used to re-obtain any dropped starter item (excluding the Teleport crystal)|
|Recipe guides||Shows how to craft items at the singing bowl and how to make a potion|
|Range||Used to cook Raw paddlefish into Paddlefish (heals 20). You can spam click to cook faster.|
|Water Pump||Used to turn Vial into a Vial of water to make an Egniol potion (3)|
Other Rooms[edit | edit source]
Each room in the Gauntlet, excluding the starting room and the boss room, contains the following:
|0-5 Resource Nodes|
- Gathering resources and killing monsters will reward Crystal shards.
- Weak monsters drop Crystal shards (approximately 30), Weapon frame and occasionally Raw paddlefish x3 or a Grym leaf.
- If a player has not already received a weapon frame, then the THIRD weak monster killed is guaranteed to drop a Weapon frame.
- Strong monsters drop around Crystal shards x 50-100, Weapon frame and occasionally Raw paddlefish x3 or a Grym leaf.
- If a player has not already received a weapon frame, then the FIRST strong monster killed is guaranteed to drop a Weapon frame.
- Minibosses will drop Crystal shards, either a Crystal orb (dragon), Crystal spike (bear), or Crystalline bowstring (dark beast). These are used to make Tier 3 perfected weapons. They also occasionally drop Weapon frame and Raw paddlefish (up to 5).
- If a player kills two of the same miniboss, they are GUARANTEED to receive a DIFFERENT Tier 3 weapon piece than the typical drop from said miniboss. Because of this change players will obtain all the perfected weapons materials by killing 3 minibosses of any kind.
- If a player has not already received two weapon frames, then the SECOND miniboss killed is guaranteed to drop a second weapon frame.
- Minibosses only spawn on the perimeter (outside edge) of the map.
Weapons[edit | edit source]
The player should create 2 different types of weapon for the final boss. The cost for each weapon type is the same.
|Item||Attack Bonuses||Defence Bonuses||Other|
|Crystal halberd (basic)||+68||+68||+4||+0||+0||+0||+0||+0||+0||+0||+42||+0||+0%||+1|
|Crystal halberd (attuned)||+114||+114||+12||+0||+0||+0||+0||+0||+0||+0||+88||+0||+0%||+2|
|Crystal halberd (perfected)||+166||+166||+28||+0||+0||+0||+0||+0||+0||+0||+138||+0||+0%||+3|
|Crystal bow (basic)||+0||+0||+0||+0||+72||+0||+0||+0||+0||+0||+0||+42||+0%||+1|
|Crystal bow (attuned)||+0||+0||+0||+0||+118||+0||+0||+0||+0||+0||+0||+88||+0%||+2|
|Crystal bow (perfected)||+0||+0||+0||+0||+172||+0||+0||+0||+0||+0||+0||+138||+0%||+3|
|Crystal staff (basic)||+0||+0||+0||+84||+0||+0||+0||+0||+0||+0||+0||+0||+0%||+1|
|Crystal staff (attuned)||+0||+0||+0||+128||+0||+0||+0||+0||+0||+0||+0||+0||+0%||+2|
|Crystal staff (perfected)||+0||+0||+0||+184||+0||+0||+0||+0||+0||+0||+0||+0||+0%||+3|
|1||Basic||Crystal shards x 20 + Weapon frame|
|2||Attuned||Basic weapon + Crystal shards x 60|
|3||Perfected||Attuned weapon +Unique item (miniboss)|
On the singing bowl interface select what item you want to make or upgrade. Basic (Tier 1) can be made with a Weapon frame and 20 Crystal shards. To upgrade open the singing bowl interface again and click the weapon you would like to upgrade. To upgrade to Attuned (Tier 2) you must have the basic weapon and 60 crystal shards. Following this basic principle Perfected weapons (Tier 3) need a unique item found in mini-boss drops. To finish upgrading your selected weapon again open the singing bowl interface and have the attuned weapon and unique item attained from the mini-bosses found throughout the dungeon.
|Item||How to obtain|
|Weapon frame||Chance of dropping from any monsters|
|Crystal spike||Used to make the Crystal halberd (perfected). Dropped from the Crystalline bear. Pray melee against this monster.|
|Crystal orb||Used to make the Crystal staff (perfected). Dropped from the Crystalline dragon. Pray mage against this monster.|
|Crystalline bowstring||Used to make the Crystal bow (perfected). Dropped from the Crystalline dark beast. Pray ranged against this monster.|
|Halberd max hits[A 1]||No prayer||Ultimate Strength||Piety|
|Crystal halberd (basic)||18||21||22|
|Crystal halberd (attuned)||26||29||31|
|Crystal halberd (perfected)||35||39||42|
|Bow max hits[A 2]||No prayer||Eagle Eye||Rigour|
|Crystal bow (basic)||18||20||21|
|Crystal bow (attuned)||25||29||31|
|Crystal bow (perfected)||34||38||41|
|Staff max hits[A 3]||No prayer||Mystic Might||Augury|
|Crystal staff (basic)|
|Crystal staff (attuned)|
|Crystal staff (perfected)||34||34||34|
Armour[edit | edit source]
To create basic (tier 1) armour you must have 40 Crystal shards, 1 Crystal ore, 1 Phren bark and 1 Linum Tirinum. The singing bowl is used to create armour as well. To upgrade the basic (tier 1) armour to Attuned (Tier 2) you must have 60 more crystal shards, the basic item to be upgraded, 2 Crystal ore, 2 Phren bark and 2 Linum tirinum. Lastly to upgrade to Perfected (tier 3) you must have another 80 Crystal shards, Attuned item, 3 Crystal ore, 3 Phren bark, 3 Linum tirinum.
|Item||Attack Bonuses||Defence Bonuses||Other|
|Crystal helm (basic)||+2||+2||+1||+2||+2||+28||+28||+28||+28||+28||+0||+0||+0%||+1|
|Crystal helm (attuned)||+6||+6||+2||+6||+6||+48||+48||+48||+48||+48||+0||+0||+0%||+2|
|Crystal helm (perfected)||+10||+10||+3||+10||+10||+68||+68||+68||+68||+68||+0||+0||+0%||+3|
|Crystal body (basic)||+8||+8||+3||+8||+8||+86||+86||+86||+86||+86||+0||+0||+0%||+3|
|Crystal body (attuned)||+12||+12||+4||+12||+12||+102||+102||+102||+102||+102||+0||+0||+0%||+4|
|Crystal body (perfected)||+15||+16||+5||+16||+16||+124||+124||+124||+124||+124||+0||+0||+0%||+5|
|Crystal legs (basic)||+6||+6||+2||+6||+6||+52||+52||+52||+52||+52||+0||+0||+0%||+2|
|Crystal legs (attuned)||+10||+10||+3||+10||+10||+74||+74||+74||+74||+74||+0||+0||+0%||+3|
|Crystal legs (perfected)||+14||+14||+4||+14||+14||+92||+92||+92||+92||+92||+0||+0||+0%||+4|
|1||Basic||Crystal shards x 40 + Each resource x 1|
|2||Attuned||Crystal shards x 60 + Each resource x 2 + Basic armour|
|3||Perfected||Crystal shards x 80 + Each resource x 3 + Attuned armour|
Wearing pieces of the crystal armour will further reduce damage taken from the Crystalline Hunllef's attacks. The table below describes its max hit while wearing different combinations of armour.
|Armour combination||Crystalline Hunllef's max hit [A 1]||Damage from tornadoes|
|Full T1 armour||10||10-16|
|Full T2 armour||8||7-13|
|Full T3 armour||Unknown||5-10|
Other items[edit | edit source]
A player may also craft additional Teleport crystals for Crystal shards x 40 to teleport back to the central room. This can be done if the player has additional unneeded shards. The teleport crystal is occasionally dropped by monsters.
Lastly, a player may make Egniol potion (3). The recipe is as follows
- At the Singing Bowl, make a Vial for Crystal shards x 10
- Fill the vial with water in the starting room or at a fishing spot.
- Collect a Grym leaf from a resource node or from a monster drop.
- Crush Crystal shards x 10 with a Pestle and mortar to make Crystal dust x10.
- Combine the Vial of water with the Grym leaf and Crystal dust to make the potion.
The potion restores 30 prayer points, 40% run energy and causes a stamina effect.
Boss Room[edit | edit source]
The boss room contains the Crystalline Hunllef. It has 600 hitpoints.
The boss uses the following mechanics:
- Some floor tiles will blink blue and then orange. The player will receive 10-20 damage per tick while standing on an orange tile.
- The boss will change prayers against your current attack style, necessitating two different weapons. This occurs on your 6th attack.
- The boss will use its ranged attack style for its first attack
- The boss will attack using ranged for the first 4 attacks, and then switch back and forth between attack styles every 4 attacks. These attacks hit partially through prayer.
- The basic magic attack will occasionally disable all prayers. The magic attack will have a different sound effect (prolonged burning fire sound)
- The boss will occasionally call purple whirlwinds that chase you. When these whirlwinds stand on you, you receive up to 20 damage per tick. This counts as one of the 4 attacks.
- If you are standing under the boss, the boss will do a trample attack dealing up to 40+ damage. This does not count as one of the 4 attacks.
- The player can right-click the barrier to quickly leave if they are a Hardcore or Ultimate Ironman at risk of dying.
Items[edit | edit source]
Corrupted Gauntlet[edit | edit source]
After completing the Gauntlet once, players may try the Corrupted Gauntlet, which has increased difficulty compared to the regular Gauntlet.
- All monsters are Corrupted instead of Crystalline, with increased stats.
- All items are Corrupted instead of Crystal, with the SAME stats.
- The player only has 7:30 minutes to prepare.
Boss Room[edit | edit source]
- The boss room instead contains the Corrupted Hunllef, which has 1000 health and increased stats. The table below describes its max hit while wearing different combinations of armour.
|Armour combination||Corrupted Hunllef's max hit [A 1]||Damage from tornadoes|
|Full T1 armour||13||Unknown|
|Full T2 armour||10||Unknown|
|Full T3 armour||Unknown||Unknown|
Rewards[edit | edit source]
Completing the Corrupted Gauntlet rewards three rolls on an upgraded loot table. The player will also receive a Gauntlet cape upon completion.
Loot table[edit | edit source]
Upon completing the challenge, players will receive 2 rolls on the regular loot table, as well as several crystal shards, and a chance to roll an Elite clue. For more information on the loot table, visit the Reward Chest's page.
Upon completion of the Corrupted challenge, players will receive 3 rolls on an upgraded loot table.
Upon failing the challenge, players might still get rewarded with some lower value loot.
Unique Rewards (Normal Mode)[edit | edit source]
|Crystal shard||3–9||Always||Not sold||N/A|
|Crystal weapon seed||1||1/120[d 1]||78,875||0|
|Crystal armour seed||1||1/120[d 1]||2,959,924||300,000|
|Blade of saeldor (inactive)||1||1/2,000[d 1]||89,986,409||3,000,000|
|Youngllef||1||1/2,000[d 1]||Not sold||N/A|
Unique Rewards (Corrupted Mode)[edit | edit source]
|Gauntlet cape||1||Always||Not sold||N/A|
|Crystal shard||5–9||Always||Not sold||N/A|
|Crystal weapon seed||1||1/50[d 1]||78,875||0|
|Crystal armour seed||1||1/50[d 1]||2,959,924||300,000|
|Blade of saeldor (inactive)||1||1/400[d 1]||89,986,409||3,000,000|
|Youngllef||1||1/800[d 1]||Not sold||N/A|
Changes[edit | edit source]
|19 September 2019
|The Game Filter now filters the message displayed in the chatbox when players sing items at the Gauntlet's singing bowl.|
|8 August 2019
|1 August 2019
References[edit | edit source]