The Giant Dwarf/Quick guide
Details[edit | edit source]
|Start point||The Keldagrim mines east of Rellekka and north of the Mountain Camp. Follow the dwarven statues to the underground river. Show on map|
|Description||Five hundred years have passed since the rule of King Alvis, saviour of Keldagrim and victim of his own inventions.
He founded the Consortium: the gathering of Mining companies that were to serve the monarchy. But, eventually, the monarchy came to serve the Consortium.
By the time of his death, the monarchy was all but abolished. Now the Kings in Keldagrim are but a distant memory... with only the statue of King Alvis to remind the people of the old days, the dark days.So begins the Rise of the Red Axe, the new multi-part storyline centred around the dwarves and their capital of Keldagrim. The first quest, The Giant Dwarf, introduces the city and the powerful business Consortium that rules the dwarven realm. Discover weird goings-on, narrowly escape from falling chunks of rock, ride around in minecarts and... make sure you don't bump into the wrong person on the way to the city!
|Enemies to defeat||None|
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
Starting out[edit | edit source]
Items required: none
Fit for a King[edit | edit source]
- Talk to Vermundi, the silk trader in the eastern market. (Big building east side of river, silk icon)
- Talk to the Librarian in the north-east corner of West Keldagrim.
- Climb any bookcase to find a book on costumes known as the 'Scholars Guide to Dwarven Costumes'.
- Note: If you weigh 30 kg or more, you will be unable to climb the ladder.
- If you didn't bring coal, mine in the north-east corner of East Keldagrim or purchase from Ordan in the Blast Furnace.
- Talk to Vermundi again.
- Use your coal and logs on the spinning machine next to Vermundi then light it with a tinderbox.
- Talk to Vermundi again and pay 200gp for exquisite clothes.
- If you didn't bring the 3 Sapphires, they can be purchased from Hervi at the Gem stall just to the north of Vermundi.
- While here, steal from the baker's or crafting stall for completion of a task in the Easy Fremennik Diary (optional)
- Talk to Saro at the anvil south-west of the bank in West Keldagrim.
- Speak to Dromund in the house just north of the bank.
- Take the left boot when he isn't looking.
- Go outside behind his house and telegrab the right boot through the window when he isn't looking.
- Talk to Santiri at the weapon shop in north-western West Keldagrim.
- Use your 3 sapphires on the axe (now in your inventory) and talk to him again.
- If you have not completed The Knight's Sword Quest then you must speak to the librarian and then to Reldo in Varrock Library.
- Talk to Thurgo at Mudskipper Point (AIQ), and give him an iron bar to repair the axe. ( May need a redberry pie if Thurgo has not received one recently).
- You will be given the option to immediately return to Keldagrim; do so.
Halfway there[edit | edit source]
- Once in Blasidar's house, talk to Riki the sculptor's model to give him the clothes, axe and boots.
- Talk to Blasidar. Watch the cutscene.
Joining the consortium[edit | edit source]
Items required: various ores, various bars, Stamina/Energy potions
Note: If you want this section to go quicker, choose a company closer to West Keldagrim bank or Blast Furnace depending on how you're obtaining the ores.
Warning!: *Do not hop worlds or you will lose your progress!*
Lazy tip: rather than go back and forth you can just fill your inventory with say coal, and get a new task before closing the dialogue until you get coal.
- Go to the upper floor of the market and talk to the secretary of any company except the Red Axe. . Ensure you perform tasks only for the company you choose, as the progress for each is separate. Buy the ores from Ordan in the Blast Furnace to save time.
- Offer to help them.
- Note: The secretaries require you to retrieve ores (cannot be noted). Be sure to read the dialogue to know what ores you need or fill your inventory with about 5 of each.
- Note: You CAN keep all ores/bars in your inventory noted and exchange them at general store downstairs.
- Note: You can also fill up your inventory with one type of ore, and speak to the secretary to ask for a task. If they ask for another type of ore, just click on the secretary again without accepting. Repeat this until they ask for the type of ore you are carrying (this will often take longer than just making trips to retrieve whatever is asked)
- After a few (3-8) tasks, the secretary will let you speak to the director.
- Note: Don't refuse tasks, if you don't like the task click on the secretary again for a new task before closing the dialogue. Refusing too many tasks will gradually reduce your favour with them, and you will have to do more tasks to make up for it.
- Talk to the director and complete a few tasks.
- Note: The directors require you to retrieve bars (cannot be noted). Be sure to read the dialogue to know what bars you need or fill your inventory with about 5 of each. The dialogue closing trick from the secretary DOES NOT work here! Instead, click on the director before advancing the chat window.
- After a few tasks, the director asks whether you've considered joining their company or states that you don't need to be doing running errands for them anymore. Join the company.
- Tell the director that Blasidar sent you, offer your support.
- Go back and talk to Commander Veldaban west of the bank, he will ask if you want to attend the meeting. You may choose not to.
- Congratulations, quest complete!
Rewards[edit | edit source]
- 2 Quest points
- 2,500 Mining experience
- 2,500 Smithing experience
- 2,500 Crafting experience
- 1,500 Magic experience
- 1,500 Thieving experience
- 1,500 Firemaking experience