The Golem/Quick guide
|The Golem (#76)|
|Release date||11 April 2005 (Update)|
Details[edit | edit source]
|Start point||Talk to the clay golem in the ruins of Uzer, east of the Shantay Pass in the Kharidian Desert.|
|Description||Deep in the desert sand the ruins of the once great city of Uzer, where a lone survivor, an ancient clay golem, forever paces back and forth. It is badly damaged, and its mind cannot rest until it has completed the task for which it was created. It is up to you to uncover the secret of the lost city, and add the final chapter to a story started in the violence of the Third Age.|
|Enemies to defeat||None|
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
Starting the quest[edit | edit source]
- Travel to Uzer in the far east of the Kharidian Desert (north-east of fairy ring DLQ).
- Pick up and read the Letter west of the broken clay golem
- Talk to the golem.
- Use four soft clay on the golem. If you chose to bring a pickaxe and a bracelet of clay, clay rocks can be found to the north west, near the shore. The phoenix can be found there as well.
- Talk to the golem again.
The statuette[edit | edit source]
- Pick a black mushroom near the stairs east of the golem before heading down (or downstairs at your right).
- Note: Take an extra black mushroom if you plan on completing Shadow of the Storm soon afterwards.
- Climb down the stairs in the ruins.
- Take the strange implement from the north-western room.
- Note: Keep the strange implement if you plan on completing Shadow of the Storm soon afterwards.
- Head to north-eastern part of the Digsite and talk to Elissa. (make sure to read the letter if no 3rd option is seen)
- Head to the Exam Centre just south of the Digsite.
- Search the bookcase in the south-east corner and read Varmen's notes.
- Note: If you have not repaired the golem up to this point, or read Varmen's Notes the curator will not speak to you about the quest.
- Talk to Curator Haig Halen in the Varrock Museum about the statuette. (4-1 if Bone Voyage is started)
- Pickpocket him for the display cabinet key.
- Head to the "1st floor[?]," upstairs, and open the second case from the left (when the camera is facing north) in the northern-most row. You will get a statuette.
The portal[edit | edit source]
- Return to the Kharidian Desert (fairy ring DLQ), or teleport to Eagle's Eyrie with Necklace of passage.
- If you still need the Phoenix feather, run north to the clay rocks east of river and pickpocket it from the Phoenix.
- Return to the ruins of Uzer where you started the quest and again go down the stairs.
- In the center of the room will be four alcoves. Place the statuette in the empty one.
- Turn both west statuettes left and both east statuettes right (make them face north).
- Go north, through the double doors.
- Optional: Use your chisel on the throne for 2 sapphires, emeralds, and rubies.
- Otherwise, immediately go back through the south portal.
The golem[edit | edit source]
- Go back upstairs and talk to the golem.
- With an empty vial in your inventory, grind the black mushroom using a Pestle and mortar. (don't eat it!).
- Use the phoenix feather on the black mushroom ink.
- Use the phoenix quill pen on a piece of papyrus to get the golem program.
- Use the strange implement on the golem then quickly use the newly acquired golem program on the golem.
Reward[edit | edit source]
- 1 Quest point
- 1,000 Thieving experience
- 1,000 Crafting experience
- 2 cut rubies, emeralds, and sapphires (collect these by using a chisel and hammer on the throne)
- Unlock the carpet ride from Shantay Pass to Uzer
Required for completing[edit | edit source]