The Great Brain Robbery/Quick guide
|The Great Brain Robbery (#121)|
|Release date||6 March 2007 (Update)|
Details[edit | edit source]
|Start point||Talk to Brother Tranquility in Mos Le'Harmless.|
|Description||The peaceful contemplation of the monks of Harmony Island has been disturbed by such rude interruptions as an invasion of zombie pirates and the theft of their brains! The evil zombie pirates have returned with a new scheme, and it's up to you to try to re-mind these poor priests before the sinister Mi-Gor completes his experiments...|
|Enemies to defeat|
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
Scouting[edit | edit source]
Items required: 4 planks, at least 20 nails, a hammer, fishbowl helmet, and diving apparatus (DON'T BRING ANY PETS!)
- Talk to Brother Tranquility on Mos Le'Harmless near the dock. (Finish the dialogue, or you will be teleported back to Mos Le' Harmless)
- Head north, pull on the statue and climb down.
- Equip your diving apparatus and fishbowl then descend.
- Repair the stairs at the end of the tunnel and climb up.
- Climb up the ladder then peer through the peephole.
The prayer book[edit | edit source]
- Talk to Brother Tranquility on Harmony Island.
- Go to the Edgeville Monastery and search the bookcase in the SW corner of the ground floor. (this is a good time to bless your symbol if it isn't already, see Brother Jered)
- Read the book.
- Equip a Holy Symbol and return to Harmony Island.
- Right click the book "recite prayer" inside of the grain mill building.
- Talk to Brother Tranquility.
The doctor[edit | edit source]
Items required: Ring of Charos, 4 wooden planks (14 if making the wooden cats, 10 pieces of fur), 100 nails (to be sure you have enough), and a hammer, 2 free spaces. Crate parts and wolf whistle are needed but obtained during this section.
- Talk to Dr. Fenkenstrain (jail on the top floor of his castle north-east of Canifis).
- Equip your Ring of Charos, keep it equipped through this section.
- Talk to Rufus in Canifis (food store). (until you receive a wolf whistle and crate parts)
- Make 10 wooden cats on a clockmaker's bench in your house (10 planks and 10 furs).
- Build a crate next to Dr. Fenkenstrain, add a bottom (4 planks and nails), and fill it with the wooden cats.
- Blow the wolf whistle.
- Put the shipping order Rufus just gave you on the crate.
Making the transplants[edit | edit source]
Items required: a hammer, fishbowl helmet, diving apparatus, and combat equipment
- Return to Harmony island and enter the windmill basement.
- Talk to Dr. Fenkenstrain.
- Equip your diving equipment and go north to the shipwreck.
- Search the locker for a fuse. Climb the ladder and get a tinderbox and a keg.
- Go south a bit to the monastery and use the keg and fuse on the door. Light the fuse.
- Enter and kill 4 Sorebones for a Cranial clamp, Brain tongs, 3 Bell jars, and 30 Skull staples.
- Talk to Dr. Fenkenstrain. (Remember to bring a hammer.)
- Climb up and talk to Brother Tranquility, prepare for the fight.
The big battle[edit | edit source]
Items required: Combat equipment, hammer, fishbowl helmet and diving apparatus
- Return to the monastery and defeat Barrelchest. (This fight is instanced.)
- You must wear your fishbowl helmet and diving apparatus.
- Each attack will disable your prayer and remove a few prayer points.
- When adjacent he will only attack with melee.
- Re-enabling prayer after each attack will prevent you from taking any damage.
- Alternatively you can leave the monastery and re-enter; the boss will get stuck and can be safespotted from the entrance.
- Talk to Brother Tranquility.
Rewards[edit | edit source]
- 2 Quest Quest points
- 6,000 PrayerPrayer experience
- 3,000 CraftingCrafting experience
- 2,000 ConstructionConstruction experience
- Blessed lamp (5,000 Total experience in a chosen skill above level 30 and can be placed in your bank)
- Barrelchest anchor (To repair your barrelchest anchor, return to Mos Le'Harmless and make sure you have a book o' piracy in your inventory; then, go to the docks south of the bank and talk to "Smith." He can fix your anchor for 230,000 coins.)
- Prayer book