The Hand in the Sand/Quick guide
Details[edit | edit source]
|Start point||Talk to Bert in Yanille near the sand pit.|
|Description||Bert the Sandman in Yanille is in a spot of bother. A mysterious severed hand has appeared in his sand box. Help find out whose hand it is and, more to the point, how it got in Bert's sand box.|
|Enemies to defeat||None|
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
Sandy Hand[edit | edit source]
Items needed: A Beer (obtainable for 2 gp)
- Talk to Bert in Yanille, in the house next to the POH Portal to get a Sandy hand.
- Give a beer to the Guard Captain in the Dragon Inn, south of Bert's House. (If you do not have one in your inventory, buy and give the Guard Captain a beer.)
- Ring the bell at the Wizards' Guild (outside near Eastern doors), and talk to Zavistic Rarve, who will take the Hand. If started Zogre Flesh Eaters:
Sandy the Slavedriver[edit | edit source]
Truth Serum[edit | edit source]
- Travel back to Yanille, Talk to Bert to receive a magic scroll.
- Ring the Bell just outside the Wizards' Guild and talk to Zavistic Rarve again to receive a Magical orb. If started Zogre Flesh Eaters, .
- Talk to Zavistic Rarve again. He will offer to teleport you to Port Sarim. ( if started Zogre Flesh Eaters)
- Talk to Betty in Port Sarim magic shop for a Bottled water.
- Add Redberries, then White berries (in that order) to the Bottled water in order to get a Pink dye.
- Dye the Lantern lens to get a Rose tinted lens.
- Talk to Betty again so she puts the vial on the counter.
- Go stand in the doorway and "use" the lens on the counter to get a Truth serum.
- Talk to Betty one last time with sand in your inventory.
Sandy Truth-Be-Told[edit | edit source]
And Sandy said, "Drat-foiled again!"[edit | edit source]
- Travel to Yanille and Ring the Bell at the Wizards' Guild to talk to Zavistic Rarve. if started Zogre Flesh Eaters
- Talk to Zavistic Rarve again to get a cut scene. if started Zogre Flesh Eaters
- Travel to Entrana (Deposit combat items) and talk to Mazion at the sandpit to get a Wizard's head.
UIM: It is possible to drop combat items, get the Wizard's head, and return to Port Sarim in time to get your items.
Rewards[edit | edit source]
- 1 Quest point
- 1,000 Thieving experience
- 9,000 Crafting experience
- Ability to buy pink dye from Betty
- A secret reward from Bert - He simply loves sand, and wasn't in the job for the money. He will ship 84 buckets of sand to your bank if you talk to him after the quest. This can be done once per day (UTC). Asking Bert to take sand to your bank is also an Ardougne Medium task.
- Access to the Wizards' Guild rune store