The Hand in the Sand/Quick guide
|The Hand in the Sand (#96)|
|Release date||10 January 2006 (Update)|
Details[edit | edit source]
|Start point||Talk to Bert in Yanille near the sandpit.|
|Description||Bert the Sandman in Yanille is in a spot of bother. A mysterious severed hand has appeared in his sand box. Help find out whose hand it is and, more to the point, how it got in Bert's sand box.|
|Official length||Short-Medium (Short if using Scroll of redirection)|
Teleportation jewellery:A Ring of dueling and a charged Amulet of glory will be very useful running back forth between Yanille and Brimhaven, or house teleports and Scrolls of redirection
|Enemies to defeat||None|
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
Sandy Hand[edit | edit source]
Items needed: A Beer
- Talk to Bert in Yanille, in the house next to the POH Portal to get a Sandy hand.
- Talk to Guard Captain in the Dragon Inn, south of Bert's House.
- Give the Captain a beer.
- Ring the bell at the Wizards' Guild (outside near Eastern doors), and talk to Zavistic Rarve, who will take the Hand. If started Zogre Flesh Eaters:
Sandy the Slavedriver[edit | edit source]
Truth Serum[edit | edit source]
- Travel back to Yanille, Talk to Bert to receive A magic scroll.
- Ring the Bell just outside the Wizards' Guild and talk to Zavistic Rarve again to receive a Magical orb. or if started Zogre Flesh Eaters)
- Talk to Zavistic Rarve again. He will offer to teleport you to Port Sarim.
- Talk to Betty in Port Sarim magic shop for a Bottled water.
- Add Redberries, then White berries (in that order) to the Bottled water in order to get a Pink dye.
- Dye the Lantern lens to get a Rose tinted lens.
- Talk to Betty again so she puts the vial on the counter.
- Go stand in the doorway and "use" the lens on the counter to get a Truth serum.
- Talk to Betty one last time.
Sandy Truth-Be-Told[edit | edit source]
And Sandy said, "Drat-foiled again!"[edit | edit source]
- Travel to Yanille and Ring the Bell at the Wizards' Guild to talk to Zavistic Rarve. if started Zogre Flesh Eaters
- Talk to Zavistic Rarve again to get a cut scene. if started Zogre Flesh Eaters)
- Travel to Entrana (Deposit combat items) and talk to Mazion at the sandpit to get a Wizard's head.
- Travel to Yanille, Ring the Bell and talk to Zavistic Rarve. if started Zogre Flesh Eaters
Rewards[edit | edit source]
- 1 Quest point
- 1,000 Thieving experience
- 9,000 Crafting experience
- Able to buy pink dye from Betty
- A secret reward from Bert - He will ship 84 buckets of sand to your bank if you talk to him after the quest. This can be done once per day (UTC).
- Access to the Magic Guild Store in the Wizard's guild.