The Maiden of Sugadinti
|The Maiden of Sugadinti|
|Released||7 June 2018 (Update)|
|Examine||This is the fate of those who cross the vampyres.|
|Immune to poison||Immune to venom|
The Maiden of Sugadinti is the first encounter in the Theatre of Blood. She was formerly a human known as Serafina. A myth was spread by the vampyres that she had successfully completed the Theatre of Blood and was granted freedom from the vampyres; however, this was simply a ruse to instill false hope into the citizens of Meiyerditch so that they could provide entertainment for the vampyres.
As Serafina, she cared deeply for her brother, and she was willing to do anything for him. A vampyre offered to save his life in return for both of them being experimented on, which she accepted. As a result, her brother was transformed into the Abomination, while she was warped into the Maiden of Sugadinti, with her mind no longer her own.
Mechanics[edit | edit source]
At 70%, 50%, and 30% hitpoints, the Maiden will spawn two Nylocas Matomenos per player in the party (up to 10) from the northern and the southern walls, which will walk straight toward her and heal her if they reach her. To stop this, players can freeze them with the help of Ice spells and then kill them while frozen.
To properly freeze all healers, only three Nylocas must be frozen early, the most western ones, two north, one south. Then prioritise northern third and second south few game ticks before they meet in the centre. Once there, the rest will be frozen in the same spot on the consecutive barrage, leaving a clutch of five for ice/blood barrage or chinchompas and three isolated ones. Causing multiple clutches will lead to few leaking to the boss.
Every Nylocas that reaches the boss will heal her for two times their remaining health and increase the damage of her basic tornado magic attacks.
Her tornado attacks are magic based and will prioritise the closest player to her, and if there are multiple players within the same distance, players are prioritised in their party's order (which correlates with the orbs on the top-left of the screen; the topmost player is prioritised first). Players not targeted by the Maiden therefore do not need to protect from Magic, although it is recommended to have active in case the other players move farther from her.
The Maiden will also throw blood spots at each player dealing large amounts of damage and healing her every tick if not dodged. They have a chance to become a blood spawn which will track randomly around the room, leaving a blood trail behind it also. If a player stands on the trail, it will damage them and heal the Maiden for the same damage taken, as well as increase the chance of a blood spawn appearing.
If there are multiple blood spawns, it is suggested to freeze blood spawns and communicate with the teammates to swap gear, heal or restore magic up before progressing into the Nylocas phases.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Changes[edit | edit source]
|9 January 2020
(update | poll)
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- "Sugadinti" means "ruin" (verb) or "ruined" (adjective) in Lithuanian.
- The Maiden of Sugadinti is the tallest boss model when she performs her attack animation.
- The Maiden's appearance is extremely similar to that of the Hespori, a rare carnivorous plant from Morytania; it has been confirmed that there is a possible link between the two.
References[edit | edit source]
- Jagex. Mod Ghost's Twitter account. 6 March 2018. (Archived from the original on 28 May 2020.) Mod Ghost: "Today I've been working on The Maiden's animations and realised at one point she becomes our tallest OS boss model yet! "
- Jagex. Mod Ash's Twitter account. 13 January 2019. (Archived from the original on 29 April 2020.) Mod Ash: "[The Hespori bears a striking resemblance to the Maiden from TOB. It's also a plant from Morytania. Is there a possible link between the two?] Yes :)"