This article is about the boss. For the item, see Mimic
The Mimic is a sporadic boss who can be fought by presenting a mimic casket to the strange casket found upstairs in Watson's house. Mimics can be obtained from an elite or master reward casket after asking the strange casket to enable the chance to obtain a mimic casket (which is disabled by default). The elite reward casket has a 1/35 chance of being a mimic, while master reward caskets have a 1/15 chance.
The area in which the player fights The Mimic.
Players have six chances to kill The Mimic from a master clue, five from an elite clue, which corresponds to the item rolls from the obtained casket. Every time a player leaves or dies, the amount of rolls on the drop table is decreased by one. If a player fails every attempt, they will not receive any loot from the original clue scroll.
With the right strategy, The Mimic is very easy to defeat for any high-level player.
Always use Protect from Melee, move around the room when the Mimic throws sweets, and ignore the spawned Third Age minions. Use stat-boosting potions and prayers as well.
A player faces The Mimic.
The Mimic has three different attacks:
- Melee attack: The Mimic can hit you with a normal melee attack if you are standing beside it.
- Candy Attack: The Mimic throws six candies at you. If you fail to step out of the way, you will receive about 10 damage. Three candies are purple, and there is one red, one blue and one green candy. The red, blue and green candies spawn the Third Age Warrior, Third Age Mage and Third Age Ranger respectively. There is no benefit to killing them as they drop nothing and, when killed, they instantly respawn when another candy attack occurs.
- Stomp Attack: Sometimes, The Mimic will step one tile forward onto you. Alternatively, this attack is activated when you walk under The Mimic. For every tick (0.6 seconds) that you stand under The Mimic, you will receive damage. The damage scales as follows: 1-1-1-2-2-2-3-... and so on, capping out at 6 damage. Simply step away from The Mimic to stop and reset the damage counter.
- Bonus loot is occasionally received in addition to the regular 1-6 clue scroll rolls when opening the Mimic casket.
|Death rune||480; 600||Common||100,320–125,400||51,840–64,800|
|Blood rune||400; 500||Common||153,200–191,500||96,000–120,000|
|Grimy ranarr weed||25 (noted)||Common||154,675||450|
|Raw manta ray||15 (noted)||Common||16,965||1,800|
|Wine of zamorak||25 (noted)||Common||29,150||0|
|Ring of 3rd age||1||1/40; 1/44[d 1]||3,024,176||7,200|
- ↑ Chance from a master and elite chest respectively, and receiving one will replace one of the normal clue scroll rolls. The chance is further increased if The Mimic is killed on the first try.
The chance to roll the mimic 3rd age table is 1 in 228 for masters and 1 in 250 for elites.
|3rd age full helmet||1||1/5,244; 1/4,250||14,889,234||54,000|
|3rd age platebody||1||1/5,244; 1/4,250||76,622,780||120,000|
|3rd age platelegs||1||1/5,244; 1/4,250||64,089,401||120,000|
|3rd age plateskirt||1||1/5,244; 1/4,250||82,775,272||120,000|
|3rd age kiteshield||1||1/5,244; 1/4,250||26,157,297||108,000|
|3rd age range coif||1||1/5,244; 1/4,250||7,243,412||30,240|
|3rd age range top||1||1/5,244; 1/4,250||29,409,286||30,480|
|3rd age range legs||1||1/5,244; 1/4,250||19,174,869||30,360|
|3rd age vambraces||1||1/5,244; 1/4,250||4,606,663||30,300|
|3rd age mage hat||1||1/5,244; 1/4,250||8,321,487||30,240|
|3rd age robe top||1||1/5,244; 1/4,250||53,938,207||30,480|
|3rd age robe||1||1/5,244; 1/4,250||19,241,168||30,360|
|3rd age amulet||1||1/5,244; 1/4,250||19,153,331||30,300|
|3rd age longsword||1||1/5,244; 1/4,250||557,945,719||90,000|
|3rd age bow||1||1/5,244; 1/4,250||656,783,621||90,000|
|3rd age wand||1||1/5,244; 1/4,250||78,396,262||90,000|
|3rd age cloak||1||1/5,244; 1/4,250||190,955,512||51,000|
|3rd age druidic robe top||1||1/5,244[d 1]||1,639,787,471||120,000|
|3rd age druidic robe bottoms||1||1/5,244[d 1]||1,449,777,324||120,000|
|3rd age druidic cloak||1||1/5,244[d 1]||619,828,196||120,000|
|3rd age druidic staff||1||1/5,244[d 1]||327,387,216||120,000|
|3rd age pickaxe||1||1/5,244[d 1]||1,593,400,655||58,770|
|3rd age axe||1||1/5,244[d 1]||319,351,236||33,000|
- ↑ Jagex. Mod Ash's Twitter account. 22 April 2019. (Archived from the original on 8 August 2019.) Mod Ash: "Basic rate is 1/40 from a master clue, 1/44 from elite. Bonus available for killing the thing first try."
- ↑ Jagex. Mod Ash's Twitter account. 6 August 2019. (Archived from the original on 8 August 2019.) Mod Ash: "Assuming you killed it first time, the chance of getting its rare table is 1/228 from a master clue, 1/250 from an elite one (N.B. the chance of getting a mimic from an elite clue in the first place is low). The third age ring itself is separate, and is 6x more common."