The Sisterhood is an ancient Zamorakian order dating back to the Saradominist kingdom of Hallowvale in the Second Age. Originally an order of Saradominist healers (whose name is not known), they converted to Zamorak after seeing Phosani, the Justiciar of the Wolf, turn away from Saradomin's teachings. Those who refused to abandon his teachings were either killed or given to the vampyres as blood tithes.
After the order was "enlightened", the order became known as the Sisterhood, with Phosani as its leader (who they refer to as 'Mother'), and founded the town Slepe in eastern Morytania. Soon after, they began expanding underground, constructing a large sanctuary beneath the town, where they were free to perform their rites and offerings in relative peace.
One day, Otrava, a high-ranking member of the Sisterhood and its divine healer, managed to create a formula known as the Elixir of Everlasting, which halts the aging process and heals the drinker's scars and wounds as if they were never there. Phosani, wanting to live as long as her vampyre allies, drank the elixir alongside other high-ranking members of The Sisterhood.
However, the elixir had a side effect that the elders were not fully aware of: though it did indeed allow them to live longer in their prime, the drinker sleeps for longer and longer periods of time, until they eventually become trapped in an eternal slumber, never to wake up. All those who had imbibed the elixir succumbed to the side effects, and in accordance to the laws set by Phosani, the townspeople moved the sleeping members of the Sisterhood deep into the Sanctuary with all their possessions and hid the formula itself away to prevent others from suffering its side effects.
In recent years, the members of the Sisterhood have become occupied with the return of the "Sleeper Plague", whom the elder members of the Sisterhood fell victim to all those years ago. Though the townspeople falsely accused and executed the Painted One for causing the plague, it was later discovered to be caused by the vampyre noble Damien Leucurte and his assistant Kroy, who recreated the elixir and gave it to the townspeople through their Bloody Bracers, Slepe's local drink. The afflicted people have been brought to the Zamorakian church in Slepe, where members of the Sisterhood attend them.
Known members[edit | edit source]
- Mother Phosani
- Sister Aseret
- Sister Naoj
- Sister Salohcin
- Sister Senga
- Sister Sevi
- Sister Toen
- Sister Yram
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The names of present-day members of the Sisterhood are all names of various saints spelled backwards: Teresa, Joan, Nicholas, Agnes, Ives, Neot and Mary.
References[edit | edit source]
- "Sister Sevi", Old School RuneScape. "Many years ago, the Sisterhood were a group of healers dedicated to Saradomin."
- "Sister Sevi", Old School RuneScape. "Phosani saw the truth in Saradomin's teachings and turned away from his false light. [She] embraced the glory of Zamorak and most of our order did the same."
- "Sister Sevi", Old School RuneScape. "[Phosani] became known as the Inquisitor, though our order refers to her as 'Mother'. After the order reached enlightenment through Zamorak, we made our home in an abandoned hermitage. Over time, that hermitage grew into the town you see today."
- "Elixir of Everlasting", Old School RuneScape. "I have been ingesting the fluid for a full month now and I feel incredible! My old joints are loosening, and my eyesight has improved tenfold. I'm as young and beautiful as I was all those years ago. The scars of war have been removed far beyond the abilities of my divine healing. It's almost as if my body has moved backwards through time."
- "Elixir of Everlasting", Old School RuneScape. "The formulae is complete! The elders of the Sisterhood have been imbibing the elixir for a full year now and the results have been marvellous."
- "Damien Leucurte", Old School RuneScape. "Those who drink [the elixir] find their lives heavily extended, but at a cost. They are put into a deep sleep, never to wake."
- "Buried alive", Old School RuneScape. "The elders haven't woken for almost a fortnight and so by the laws set forth by Mother, we must move them deep into the Sanctuary with all their possessions."
- "Sister Yram", Old School RuneScape. "The [Painted One] was found guilty of causing the return of the Sleeper Plague. He has now been executed."
- "Damien Leucurte", Old School RuneScape. "Using the recipe, Kroy was easily able to recreate the elixir. After a quick test on Lady Crombwick, we started giving it to the citizens."
- "Kroy", Old School RuneScape. "We hide [the elixir] in their beer, Bloody Bracer. They've no idea what it's really doing to them!"