The Slug Menace/Quick guide
Details[edit | edit source]
|Start point||Talk to Sir Tiffy Cashien in Falador.|
|Description||The small village of Witchaven was all but deserted when the Fishing Platform was built a short ways off the coast. Now, some of the inhabitants of the village have been acting somewhat strangely....|
|Official length||Medium – Long|
|Enemies to defeat||Slug Prince (level 62)|
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
Starting out[edit | edit source]
Item required: Commorb. Recommended item: Ardougne teleport
- Talk to Sir Tiffy Cashien in Falador Park to get a Commorb v2.
- Talk to Col. O'Niall on the north-east dock in Witchaven.
- Talk to the following people in Witchaven
- Talk to Col. O'Niall again.
The shrine[edit | edit source]
Item required: Commorb. Recommended item: Necklace of passage
- Climb down the Old Ruin Entrance (Dungeon sign) west of Witchaven.
- Push the false wall on the east wall by the entrance (red on minimap).
- Follow the path to the imposing door, using the shortcut if able, try to open it.
- Scan with the Commorb to acquire the door transcription (make sure you have one free inventory space).
- Pick up a dead sea slug (If you do not pick up the dead sea slug, you will not be able to talk to Jorral).
- Talk to Jorral in the outpost (necklace of passage) north-west of Ardougne. if Making History has not been started.
The pages[edit | edit source]
Items required: 1 swamp paste, the Commorb, a dead seaslug, and 5 free inventory spaces
- Talk to Col. O'Niall.
- Talk to Brother Maledict twice.
- Go to the mayor's house and search the study desk until you get a page.
- Talk to Ezekial Lovecraft in the fishing store (make sure you have one free inventory space).
- Talk to Col. O'Niall (make sure you have 3 free inventory spaces)
- Use swamp paste on one of the fragments. Savant will stop you.
- Talk to Jeb (near Holgart) and travel to the Fishing Platform.
- Talk to Bailey on the south-west part Fishing Platform, give him the dead slug.
- Use the sea slug glue on a fragment, then solve the puzzle.
The imposing door[edit | edit source]
Items required: chisel, 5+ rune or pure essence, the Commorb, melee combat equipment, talismans to enter the respective altars (not needed if using abyss)
- Right click the pages and select shape-options on the pages to shape essences into air, water, fire, earth, and mind.
- Note: It is possible and likely to fail and break the essence.
- Use the chiselled stones on their respective Runecrafting altar. It is recommended to bring extra rune essence in case they are destroyed.
- Air: the Air altar is south of Falador
- Mind: the Mind altar is north of Falador (just below the Wilderness)
- Water: the Water altar is south of Lumbridge (next to the shack to Zanaris)
- Earth: the Earth altar is north-east of Varrock (you can use balloon transport system if unlocked)
- Fire: the Fire altar is west of the Duel Arena in Al Kharid (you can use ring of dueling)
- Note: It is possible and likely to fail this step as well.
- Use the handmade runes on the imposing door in the cave underneath Witchaven. Make sure to bring the Commorb with you.
- Kill the level 62 Slug Prince, only melee can damage it and it drains your Prayer points.
- Note: It is possible to safespot with a halberd
- Talk to Sir Tiffy Cashien.
Rewards[edit | edit source]
- 1 Quest point
- 3,500 Crafting experience
- 3,500 Runecraft experience
- 3,500 Thieving experience
- Promotion to Proselyte among the Temple Knights. This means you can buy and wear Proselyte armour with a greater Prayer bonus than Initiate. You can buy each piece individually, or buy the armour pack which, when opened, gives you the plate, helm, and legs/tassets all at once. The pack costs 25,000 coins.
- Buying the upgraded armour in separate pieces cost more: the helm costs 8,000 coins, the platelegs and plateskirt cost 10,000 coins, and the platebody costs 12,000 coins for a total of 30,000 coins.
- Required for the Falador Hard Diary