The Tourist Trap/Quick guide
|The Tourist Trap (#44)|
|Release date||14 April 2003 (Update)|
Details[edit | edit source]
|Start point||Irena, the woman crying on the Kharidian Desert side of the Shantay Pass south of Al Kharid.|
|Description||South of Al Kharid a new desert pass has opened up, leading to the dangers of the Kharid desert. Don your desert garb and make sure your waterskin is full before heading off into the trackless dunes in search of desert adventure.|
|Official length||Medium-Long (30 to 40 minutes if using energy potions)|
|Enemies to defeat||Mercenary Captain (level 47)|
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
Getting started[edit | edit source]
Getting into the camp[edit | edit source]
Warning: You will be arrested if you skip the dialogue and attack him.
- Unequip everything except your desert clothing and enter the gate.
Warning: You will be jailed if you equip armour or weapons or unequip your slave clothing while inside the camp!
Getting into the mine[edit | edit source]
- Talk to the Male slave on the east wall. (Not the south-east). If you've already talked to him.
- Equip the slave's clothes
- Enter the mine to the north
- Follow the path until you reach a guarded cave entrance.
- Talk to one of the guards.
- Run back to the surface, unequip your slave robes, and leave the desert camp through the front gate, or return to fairy ring BIQ.
Warning: You will be jailed if you don't unequip your slave robes before leaving the camp through the front gate!
The plans[edit | edit source]
- Talk to Al Shabim in the south tent in the Bedabin Camp. You will be given a Bedabin key.
- Go back to the Desert Mining Camp (Make sure to put on slave outfit after entering the gate)
- Go up the ladder in the jail building and search the southwest bookcase on the western wall. A message should pop up stating "You notice several books on the subject of sailing."
- In the same room, talk to Captain Siad.
- Open the chest to obtain the technical plans. (Make sure you click continue, so the plans go to your inventory)
- Go back to the Bedabin Camp and show Al Shabim the plans.
- Use the anvil in the northern tent. Following the plans, create a prototype dart.
- Use a bronze bar to create a prototype dart tip.
- Use 10 feathers on the tip to create the dart.
- Take the dart to Al Shabim, who will in return give you the Tenti pineapple.
Finding Ana[edit | edit source]
- Equip your Slave outfit and head back to the guards in the mine with your pineapple and give it to one of them.
- Go through the cave entrance and head east until you're beside the mine cart.
- Search the nearby barrels to get a barrel.
- Get into the mine cart by searching it.
Warning: Do not talk to Ana, she will alert the guards.
- Go down the west-northwest path and use a barrel on Ana (blonde hair in the northeast area).
Saving Ana[edit | edit source]
- Head back to the mine cart. Put Ana in the mine cart, then take the cart yourself.
- Search nearby barrels to find Ana.
- Put Ana on the winch bucket (northwest area of room).
- Don't raise the guard's suspicions when he offers help.
Warning: Do not remove clothes to go to jail. If you do, you will have to mine 15 rocks to get out.
- Head back to the surface.
- Operate the winch (southwest in the camp), then search the barrel west of the winch to find Ana.
- Put Ana on the wooden cart at the centre of the Camp.
- Talk to the mine cart driver.
- Get on the cart by searching it.
Warning: Do not try to teleport with Ana in your inventory, the barrel will drop first.
- Head back to Irena for your reward.
Reward[edit | edit source]
- 2 Quest Quest points
- 4,650 Experience in your choice of two skills (you may pick same skill twice): Agility Agility, Fletching Fletching, Smithing Smithing, or Thieving Thieving.
- The ability to smith darts.
- The wrought iron key - allows access to a special door inside the Desert Mining Camp, which has several higher tier ores inside, including mithril ore and adamantite ore.
- Full slave robes
Required for completing[edit | edit source]