Throne of Miscellania/Quick guide
Details[edit | edit source]
|Start point||Talk to King Vargas in the Miscellania Castle. Take the longboat from Rellekka to access Miscellania.|
|Description||Rumours have been coming back from Miscellania that all is not well, it is said that the king has been turned into a monster! An exceptional hero is required to investigate. Experience in ruling kingdoms, wooing royalty and negotiating peace would be an advantage.|
|Enemies to defeat||None|
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
Grab all the items needed for the quest before you start. You do not need to make bank trips during this quest.
- Travel to Miscellania (Either go to Rellekka middle dock to travel by sailor or fairy code: CIP)
- If you do not have flowers yet, buy some from the Flower Girl in the castle courtyard for 15gp.
- Speak with King Vargas on the 1st floor[UK]2nd floor[US] of the south-west castle.
The next part of the quest varies on the player's gender. Press the appropriate button.
- Speak with Princess Astrid in the room directly north of the King. Continue to speak with her each time the dialogue box closes, until the dialogue is just "Good Day".
- "Archery is a noble Art!"
- "He's been very helpful"
- Use the flowers on the princess (You will not get them back)
- Now use the dance emote inside her room
- Keep speaking with her, choosing the flattering options (see below) until the dialogue is just "Good Day".
- "That sounds like a good idea."
- "What happened next?"
- "I'm quite fond of it myself"
- "And what a great bard he makes!"
- "I suppose you don't have much opportunity to."
- "It's a lovely little country."
- Use the bow in your inventory on her (you will not get it back)
- Speak with her again
- Use the blow kiss emote
- Repeat the agreeing process once more until she calls you "Dear"
- Use the blow kiss emote again
- Use the ring in your inventory on her (you will not get it back)
- Speak with Prince Brand in the room directly south of the King. Continue to speak with him each time the dialogue box closes, until the dialogue is just "Good Day".
- After he recites the poem select "Be still, my heart"
- Use the Clap or Cheer emote in his room
- Keep speaking with him, agreeing with everything he says. Eventually the dialogue will just be "Good Day".
- Use the flowers on the prince
- Repeat the agreeing process
- Use (do not eat) the cake on him
- Repeat the agreeing process
- Once the dialogue goes "Hello, dear." and "Hello Darling." use the blow kiss emote in his room
- Use your ring on him and he will agree to marry you (silver and pineapple rings do not work)
- Exit the castle and head east, across the bridge to the other castle. It's advised to clear the weeds from the herb and flax crops outside the main gates of the Miscellania castle every time you run past to save time on gaining favour which you need later on in the quest. If doing this, players can expect to have around 60% favour by the time they will need to gain the remaining favour.
- Speak with Queen Sigrid upstairs
- Return west and speak with King Vargas
- Return east and speak with the Queen again
- Go back again and speak with Prince Brand in the room south of King Vargas to receive the Awful anthem
- Speak with Advisor Ghrim who is next to the King Good anthem to turn the Awful anthem into a
- Take the Good Anthem to the Queen to the East to get the Treaty
- Take the treaty back to King Vargas
- Leave the castle and head north to the anvil symbol
- Speak with Derrik with an iron bar in your inventory to receive a giant nib
- Use the giant nib on the logs in your inventory to create a Giant pen
- Return to the King
Gaining support[edit | edit source]
You now need to gain 75% support to finish the quest. You may speak with Advisor Ghrim to check your rating (The quest log will also update once you have a high enough rating). Once you have reached 100% approval rating, your chat box tells you that you've completed a hard task for your Fremennik achievement diaries.
Perform any of the following actions to increase your rating:
- Rake the herbs and flax outside the palace walls. (World hopping does NOT reset the patches, however weeds respawn in approximately 1 minute.) [Note: An easy way to get favour fast is to rake the patches and wait till the first set of weeds come through then hop, this gives you 6 weeds to rake in every world]
- Mine coal on the north side of Miscellania.
- Chop maple trees in the centre of Miscellania.
- Fish tuna, lobsters, or swordfish by the docks of Miscellania.
The fastest method to reach 75% approval is by raking weeds outside the castle. You can force weeds to become fully grown by hopping worlds after they have started growing. It will take about 8 minutes to reach 100% approval using this method. Alternatively, for players with high Mining and a good pickaxe, mining coal can reach 100% approval in around 10 minutes.
- Speak with King Vargas once at 75%
Rewards[edit | edit source]
- 1 Quest point
- Management of Miscellania
- 10,000 coins (inside the Miscellania coffers)
- The ability to teleport to Miscellania using a ring of wealth
Required for completing[edit | edit source]
Completion of Throne of Miscellania is required for the following: