|Released||4 January 2001 (Update)|
|Examine||Useful for lighting a fire.|
|High alch||0 coins|
|Low alch||0 coins|
|Store price||1 coins|
|Exchange||83 coins (info)|
The tinderbox is used primarily for lighting fires by clicking 'use' on the tinderbox, then clicking a log. A tinderbox can be bought in most general stores. It is also used to light and relight candles and lanterns, so any player venturing into a dark area such as the Lumbridge Caves should bring one in case their light source goes out.
The tinderbox is also used regularly in many quests.
The following places spawn tinderboxes:
- Top floor of Draynor Manor near Professor Oddenstein's machine
- In the small shed immediately south of the Farming Guild
- On the wrecked ship on the north of Harmony Island
- Next to furnace in the Eastern Wilderness Ruins
- Searching certain shelves of the Wise Old Man's home gives a tinderbox, possibly book(s) and a message questioning why he keeps so many tinderboxes. This is likely due to Dionysus's eventual assault upon the Wizards' Tower. Though it is possible to quickly obtain multiple tinderboxes from it, your character will only take one at a time, and only if your inventory has none; this can be easily bypassed through the drop trick.
Dropping monsters[edit | edit source]
Monster Combat level Quantity Rarity Lanzig 48 1 Common Wall beast 49 1 Common Cave goblin miner 11 1 Common Giant Rock Crab 137 1 Common Rock lobster 127 1 Common Freidir 48 1 Common Borrokar 48 1 Common King Sand Crab 107 1 Common Cave bug 6; 96 1 Common Dagannoth (Waterbirth Island) 88; 90 1 Common Thermonuclear smoke devil 301 1 Common Cave goblin (monster) 3 1 Uncommon H.A.M. Guard 12; 18; 22 1 Uncommon Ghast 30; 79; 109; 139 1 Uncommon Werewolf 88; 93 1 Uncommon Zombie 13; 18; 24; 25; 30; 44; 53; 56; 70 1 Uncommon Zombie (Tarn's Lair) 40; 42; 47; 50; 56; 61; 67; 70; 72 1 Uncommon Imp 2; 7 1 Uncommon Pirate 23; 26 1 Rare Cave goblin guard 24; 26 1 Very rareTools General Fishing Crafting Farming Hunter Bird houses