Tirannwn (pronounced "TIR-an-un") is a heavily forested region located west of Kandarin. It can only be accessed by starting Regicide. Other ways of entry include boarding a charter ship to Port Tyras (upon completion of Regicide), travelling through Arandar (also upon completion of Regicide), iorwerth camp teleport scrolls, and elf teleport crystals obtained during Mourning's End Part I.
Apart from elves, rabbits, dire wolves, and grizzly bears inhabit Tirannwn. The many traps and dense forest make travelling through Tirannwn difficult and potentially dangerous (see Traps for more details). It is wise to bring anti-poison potions and food. Level 56 Agility is required to navigate Tirannwn fully, as players will come across dense forest that requires 56 Agility to pass.
Places of interest[edit | edit source]
- Arandar, the overground pass leading into Tirannwn.
- Prifddinas, the great elven city. Formed by elf crystals and quite a sight to behold. The City can be accessed upon completion of Song of the Elves.
- Tyras Camp, the camp of King Tyras. You may buy halberds here. There are many Tyras guards patrolling but these are non-aggressive.
- Iorwerth Camp, which contains a loom for spinning cloth. This is the location of Lord Iorwerth and several Elf warriors.
- Lletya, a rebel village located in the south east part of Tirannwn.
- Gwenith, a small village north of Prifddinas. Can be accessed upon completion of Song of the Elves.
- Mynydd, a lone mountain located just north-west of Prifddinas. Contains a single Black Dragon. Can be accessed upon completion of Song of the Elves.
- Gorlah, an old shrine to Seren north of Prifddinas. Can be accessed upon completion of Song of the Elves.
Notable NPCs[edit | edit source]
- Lord Iorwerth: Plays a role in Regicide and Song of the Elves, can be found in the Iorwerth Camp
- Ilfeen: Recharges your crystal equipment for a fee
- Eluned: Plays a part in the Roving Elves quest
- Islwyn: Grandson of Glarial, involved in roving elves quest. He can sell you a new crystal bow, but he cannot recharge seeds
- Arianwyn: Involved in Mourning's End Part I & Part II
Traps[edit | edit source]
Tirannwn is littered with traps that are not easily noticed, so be wary. There are three types of traps:
- Leaf trap: Can hit 15 damage. Approach and select jump at the side nearest to you.
- Spring Traps: Hit around 11 damage. Select at the base of the trap to pass. Failure to pass will give you a face full of spikes, hit damage and throw you back.
- Tripwire: Hard to spot and require you to select to hop over. Failure results in two arrows being fired dealing 5 damage and poisoning you. The success chance of passing this trap ranges linearly from 30/255 at level 1 Agility to 155/255 at level 99 Agility
Quests[edit | edit source]
- Underground Pass
- Roving Elves
- Mourning's End Part I
- Mourning's End Part II
- Song of the Elves
Other[edit | edit source]
- There are magic trees located near Islwyn.
- There are spots to mine adamant ore also near Islwyn. (Western Provinces achievement)
- North of the Elf Tracker is a white berries spawn.
- The Gauntlet a challenging minigame where players enter with no supplies and must gather and fight for materials to defeat the Crystalline Hunllef.
- The Mining skilling boss Zalcano.