|Released||11 June 2001 (Update)|
|Examine||This would make good ketchup.|
|High alch||2 coins|
|Low alch||1 coin|
|Exchange||51 coins (info)|
Players can store five tomatoes in a basket. One basket of tomatoes is required to pay a gardener to watch over growing yanillian hops or a growing oak tree, and three baskets of tomatoes are required to pay them to watch over a growing cadava berry bush.
Drop sources[edit | edit source]
Obtaining tomatoes[edit | edit source]
Shops[edit | edit source]
- Wydin's Food Store in Port Sarim.
- Hudo's Grocery in the Grand Tree of the Gnome Stronghold.
- Pollnivneach General Store.
- Greengrocer of Miscellania - can also be stolen from with level 2 Thieving.
- Culinaromancer's Chest in Lumbridge Castle basement - requires progress in Recipe for Disaster.
- Farming shops - however, these shops are only stocked by players and their player stocks cycle quickly, so it is rare to find produce in them.
Spawns[edit | edit source]
- In the Bandit Camp in the Wilderness.
- On the ground floor[UK]1st floor[US] of Aggie's house in Draynor Village.
- Very close to the Feldip Hills fairy ring (AKS). Go slightly northeast from the ring; the tomato will be sitting on a stool near a campfire with an ogre walking near it.
Other[edit | edit source]
- Members can grow tomatoes by planting three tomato seeds in an allotment patch at level 12 Farming. They can plant a marigold seed in the flower patch to prevent the tomatoes from becoming diseased, or pay the gardener two sacks of cabbages to ensure they grow.
- Players can also acquire tomatoes by talking to the Recruiter in West Ardougne; the nearby men will throw tomatoes at him, and players can pick these up from the ground. However, this is a very slow method for obtaining tomatoes, and other methods except waiting for spawns are greatly preferred.
Store locations[edit | edit source]
|Vanessa's Farming shop.||Catherby||0||4||2|
|Richard's Farming shop.||Hemenster||0||4||2|
|Grand Tree Groceries||Grand Tree||10||4||2|
|Alice's Farming shop.||Farm west of Port Phasmatys||0||4||2|
|Food Store||Port Sarim||3||4||2|
|Greengrocer of Miscellania||Miscellania||10||4||3|
|Pollnivneach general store.||Pollnivneach||5||4||2|
|Sarah's Farming shop.||Farm south of Falador||0||4||2|
|Kenelme's Wares||Port Piscarilius||3||4||2|
|Culinaromancer's Chest||Lumbridge Castle basement||50||5||1|
See also[edit | edit source]
|Fruit tree produce|