Trees are the most common scenery found almost everywhere around Gielinor, and can be chopped down to provide logs and 25 Woodcutting experience.
There are two main varieties of regular trees in Gielinor: a double canopy tree with round leaves, and a single canopy with a pointy tip. The single canopy variety can be used with a knife to fill a bucket of sap from an empty bucket. The trees can also be distinguished by their examine text and the icon that appears on the minimap, with the double canopy tree showing a round tree icon () and the single canopy variety showing a pointy-tipped icon ().
Many other variants of trees also provide regular logs and have the same mechanics as regular trees. These include a number of variants all called "tree", such as those found in Tirannwn, Prifddinas, the Isle of Souls, Great Kourend, and Shayzien. There are also cosmetic variants that are young, crystalline, and snow covered. Other trees that form the regular tree category include dying trees, dead trees, evergreens, and jungle trees.
The regular tree category includes trees that give regular logs when cut down. Trees in this category are always felled after one log has been cut.
The tree respawns between 36–60 seconds, randomly, and is not influenced by world population.
The chance to successfully chop is affected by the axe used and Woodcutting level, better axes and a higher woodcutting level increases the likelihood of successfully receiving a log.
Kandarin headgear 1 and above gives double logs when cutting any normal tree.
- Beaver – Trees have a chance to drop the beaver Woodcutting pet. At level 1 Woodcutting there is a 1 in 317,622 chance to receive the beaver and a 1 in 315,172 chance at level 99.
- Clue nest – Trees can drop all clue nests. At level 1 Woodcutting there is an approximately 1 in 3145 chance to receive an easy-elite clue nest and a 1 in 1596 chance at level 99. Beginner clue nests have a universal 1 in 1000 chance to be dropped.
- Crystal shard - Trees cut in Prifddinas have a chance to drop crystal shards. There is a 1 in 80 chance to receive a crystal shard when a log is received. 
- Trees that do not have a Chop-down option appear around the Drill sergeant's training area. These include the version with a double canopy, and a version with a single canopy that has a dark bark (like the variety found in the Great Kourend), that are the same size as regular trees (unlike the variety found in the Great Kourend).
- While regular trees drop clue nests, they do not drop any other type of bird nest.