|Released||4 January 2001 (Update)|
|Examine||One of the most common trees in Gielinor.|
There are two main varieties of regular trees in Gielinor: a double canopy tree with round leaves, and a single canopy with a pointy tip. The single canopy variety can be used with a knife to fill a bucket of sap from an empty bucket. The trees can also be distinguished by their examine text and the icon that appears on the minimap, with the double canopy tree showing a round tree icon () and the single canopy variety showing a pointy-tipped icon ().
Many other variants of trees also provide regular logs and have the same mechanics as regular trees. These include a number of variants all called "tree", such as those found in Tirannwn, Prifddinas, the Isle of Souls, Great Kourend, and Shayzien. There are also cosmetic variants that are young, crystalline, and snow covered. Other trees that form the regular tree category include dying trees, dead trees, evergreens, and jungle trees.
Woodcutting info[edit | edit source]
|Woodcutting XP||25 xp|
|Respawn time||35.4 - 58.8 seconds|
Mechanics[edit | edit source]
The regular tree category includes trees that give regular logs when cut down. Trees in this category are always felled after one log has been cut. The tree respawns between 36–60 seconds, randomly, and is not influenced by world population. The chance to successfully chop is affected by the axe used and Woodcutting level, better axes and a higher woodcutting level increases the likelihood of successfully receiving a log. Kandarin headgear 1 and above gives double logs when cutting any normal tree.
Cut chance[edit | edit source]
Additional drops[edit | edit source]
- Beaver – Trees have a chance to drop the beaver Woodcutting pet. At level 1 Woodcutting there is a 1 in 317,622 chance to receive the beaver and a 1 in 315,172 chance at level 99.
- Crystal shard - Trees cut in Prifddinas have a chance to drop crystal shards. There is a 1 in 80 chance to receive a crystal shard when a log is received.
- Clue nest – Trees have a chance of dropping any tier of clue nest, based on Woodcutting level, the tree's base chance, and access to the reward tiers of Combat Achievements. See Clue nest § Woodcutting rates for a detailed breakdown.
Changes[edit | edit source]
|30 November 2022
Cutting normal trees (and other activities) on Miscellania now grant the full 25 experience. Previously this activity would yield 0.1 woodcutting experience. This does not appear to apply to Mahogany trees or Teak trees on Etceteria.
|5 March 2015
(update | poll)
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Most of these generic trees do not have a defined species. This is likely as they were added at the launch of the game, when there was no distinction between trees. Thus, these were the only way to train Woodcutting, all the way to level 99. Higher-level tree types were only added a year later, as part of the Fletching skill.
- Trees that do not have a Chop-down option appear around the Drill Demon's training area. These include the version with a double canopy, and a version with a single canopy that has a dark bark (like the variety found in the Great Kourend), that are the same size as regular trees (unlike the variety found in the Great Kourend).
- While regular trees drop clue nests, they do not drop any other type of bird nest.
References[edit | edit source]
- Jagex. Mod Ash's Twitter account. 14 August 2019. Archived from the original on 30 May 2020.
- Jagex. Mod Ash's Twitter account. 4 February 2020. Archived from the original on 15 September 2022.
- Jagex. Mod Ash's Twitter account. 17 February 2020. Archived from the original on 19 February 2020. Mod Ash: "1/80 if I'm reading this code correctly."
- Jagex. Mod Ash's Twitter account. 30 April 2020. Archived from the original on 17 April 2022. Mod Ash: "I'm afraid I'm not going to be available to check all such scenery pieces with those names, but generic & achey trees do give clue nests. However they don't give the other kinds of nest."