|Released||5 January 2005 (Update)|
Trollweiss Mountain is a snowy mountain located in Troll Country and is one of the largest mountains in Gielinor. The Troll Romance quest must be completed, and players must have a sled to travel over it.
It is covered year-round in a thick layer of ice and snow, and powerful winds constantly sweep across it. Because of this harsh environment, little can survive apart from ice wolves, evergreen trees, and the endangered Trollweiss flower.
To reach the mountain peak, players must enter a cave north of the Troll Stronghold and just west of the Ice Path. The cave is filled with ice trolls and leads to the summit. On the summit the gnomish explorer Brambickle can be found.
The mountain slopes down steeply from north to south, making northward travel impossible on land. Players must use a sled to slide down from the summit. Along the slope are sapphire, chaos rune, and sled item respawns. At the base of the mountain is a tunnel that leads to both Keldagrim and the Fremennik Province.
Trolls have no settlements on the mountain, although they do visit it from time to time.
Underground[edit | edit source]
Far underneath the mountain lies the dwarven metropolis of Keldagrim, which was founded thousands of years ago during the God Wars. Without Trollweiss Mountain, it is very possible that the dwarves would have been driven to extinction.
Much of the snow on Trollweiss Mountain works its way beneath the surface into crevices, where it melts. The resulting water seeps down until it penetrates the ceiling of large underground caverns. From there it collects to form the River Kelda, which flows through Keldagrim.
Getting there[edit | edit source]
- Don’t forget to bring your waxed sled!
- Go to Trollheim (teleport there using the Trollheim Teleport or walk there from Burthorpe or the Fremennik Province).
- Go up the path north-west of Trollheim (use Protect from Missiles if the Thrower trolls target you).
- Do not go through the ice gate! When you reach the gate, instead go west. You will climb up to a tunnel entrance. While outside, the cold will affect your stats and run energy.
- Enter the tunnel and go to the other end. Beware of Ice trolls (Protect from Melee is effective here).
- Exit the tunnel, and you're on top of Trollweiss Mountain.
Treasure Trails[edit | edit source]
Although requiring only partial completion of Troll Romance, players need to slide down to where Trollweiss grows on Trollweiss Mountain in order to complete an elite cryptic clue: Green is the colour of my death as the winter-guise, I swoop towards the ground.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The German word "weiss" (also spelled as "weiß") means "white" in English. The name is a play on the mountain flower found in the Alps above the treeline "Edelweiss".