The Twisted League is the first iteration of Old School RuneScape Leagues.
In the Twisted League, players were restricted to Great Kourend and the Kebos Lowlands, and were not able to trade with other players. The Twisted League started on the 14 November 2019 and ended on 16 January 2020.
- 1 Rules
- 2 Tasks
- 3 Relics
- 4 Rewards
- 5 References
Rules[edit | edit source]
Area restriction[edit | edit source]
- The respawn location was set to Kourend Castle
- Ports aside from the one that goes from one end of Kourend and Kebos to the other will not work
- All teleports will only work if the destination is within Kourend and Kebos
- The Ancient and Lunar spellbooks were not accessible
- All clues obtained only have steps that can be completed within Kourend and Kebos
- Player-owned houses were set and locked to the Hosidius location.
Additional rules[edit | edit source]
- No trading were to take place between players
- Experience gains were multiplied by 5 times throughout the entire league, including XP from experience lamps.
- Selected shops had increased supplies and accelerated restocking rates
- Shops contain barbarian rods, anti-dragon shields, and pestle and mortar
- Slayer can be started from level 5 combat by speaking to Konar. She has a new Kourend and Kebos defined task list which includes some tasks specific to the Twisted League. Her tasks no longer have area restrictions but still award brimstone keys.
Starting stats[edit | edit source]
Players start out with a fresh account with the basic stats, besides the following to allow for the ability to do Barbarian Fishing and train Herblore:
Players will also receive the same starting items upon leaving tutorial island.
Quest unlocks[edit | edit source]
In order to be able to obtain and wield certain items or level specific skills players will have the following quests unlocked:
- Druidic Ritual (access to Herblore)
- Dragon Slayer (ability to wear rune platebody, green d'hide body and anti-dragon shield.)
- Rune Mysteries (ability to mine rune essence)
- Eagle's Peak (access to box traps)
Diary unlocks[edit | edit source]
The following Kourend & Kebos Diary tasks are automatically completed:
- Travel to the Fairy Ring south of Mount Karuulm
- Cast Monster Examine on a Troll south of Mount Quidamortem
Item drop changes[edit | edit source]
- The Kodai insignia from Chambers of Xeric is replaced with a Kodai wand.
- The hydra leather from Alchemical Hydra is replaced with the ferocious gloves.
- The hydra claw from Alchemical Hydra is replaced with the dragon hunter lance.
- The broken dragon hasta from the Brimstone chest is replaced with a dragon hasta.
Miscellaneous[edit | edit source]
- Pets obtained during leagues are automatically insured for no cost. Unlocked pets are to available in future leagues.
- If a pet is lost, it can be reclaimed for free by talking to the Leagues Tutor.
Tasks[edit | edit source]
Tasks in the Twisted League allow players to earn league points and unlock relics that buff their character. Tasks span five different difficulty levels: Easy, Medium, Hard, Elite, and Master. In the league, there are 495 different tasks to complete, ranging from reaching a certain level in a skill to getting a certain amount of boss kills. The points awarded for each difficulty level are:
Relics[edit | edit source]
Relics are powerful buffs that are unlocked with League Points. Upon leaving Tutorial Island, players are presented with three Relics to choose from without the need for points.
Once players choose a Relic of a tier, they will be permanently unlocked, but cannot change their Relic selection for that tier.
Tier 1 (0 points)[edit | edit source]
|Dark Altar Devotion|
Tier 2 (400 points)[edit | edit source]
Tier 3 (1,200 points)[edit | edit source]
|Eye of the Artisan||
|Gift of the Gatherer||
|Way of the Warrior||
Tier 4 (2,500 points)[edit | edit source]
|Spirit of Dinh|
Tier 5 (5,000 points)[edit | edit source]
Rewards[edit | edit source]
In addition to the league-to-league rewards, you can unlock several rewards for use in the main game.
At the end of the League you will be able to claim a cosmetic wieldable trophy representing the tier you placed in. Bronze to Mithril trophies are shield slot items, Adamant to Dragon trophies are two-handed items. The trophies have a unique emote that can be activated by right-clicking the trophy. All trophies are untradeable, can be claimed for free and as of yet cannot be stored in your POH.
Your earned league points will be converted to reward currency in the main game to spend on the following tradeable rewards:
- Cosmetic outfits
- Twisted teleport scroll
- Can be used to change the Home Teleport spell animation to a Xerician-themed one
- Scroll is consumed on use
- Costs 750 League Points
- Twisted blueprints
- Can be used to unlock a Twisted League themed house style
- Blueprints are returned when changing house style to something else
- Costs 4000 League Points
- Twisted horns
References[edit | edit source]
- JagexBruno. TL Trophy.*
|Ironman Mode • Deadman Mode • Old School RuneScape Leagues • Twisted League|