|Released||5 January 2017 (Update)|
|Examine||A mystical bow carved from the twisted remains of the Great Olm.|
|High alch||2,400,000 coins|
|Low alch||1,600,000 coins|
|Exchange||1,192,886,060 coins (info)|
The twisted bow is a reward from the Chambers of Xeric that requires a Ranged level of 75 to wield. It can fire any type of arrow, including dragon arrows. The twisted bow is extremely valuable due to its unmatched power against monsters with a high magic level, such as Commander Zilyana.
Similar to the crystal bow, the bow has an attack range of 10 tiles. As all attacks have a maximum of 10 range, long range does not provide any attack distance benefit but may still be used to gain Defence XP.
Passive effect[edit | edit source]
Unlike other bows that have a set strength, the twisted bow functions differently: the higher the target's Magic level or Magic accuracy is (whichever is higher), the higher the bow's accuracy and damage. The accuracy caps at 140, while the damage caps at 250 outside the Chambers of Xeric, and 350 within.
Where A is accuracy modifier, D is damage modifier, DCOX is damage modifier for the Chambers of Xeric and M is the target's magic level or accuracy.
template = Calculator:Template/Others/Twistedbow form = simplecalc result = simpleresult param = Magic_lvl|Magic level enemy|0|int
|Calculator failed to load.|
Therefore, the maximum hit with the twisted bow outside of the Chambers of Xeric is 83 with Dragon arrows and 99 Ranged, when using all damage boosting items and effects (Ranging potion, Rigour, Ava's assembler, Necklace of anguish, and imbued Slayer helmet).
The twisted bow is commonly used against bosses and monsters which have exceptionally high Magic levels, such as Commander Zilyana, brutal black dragons and the Alchemical Hydra, as the bow will have extreme accuracy and damage against them. It additionally works effectively against those with high Magic accuracy even despite their lower Magic level, such as TzKal-Zuk and Nylocas Vasilias. It may also be devastating against other players in PVP, though it is not often used due to the risk involved.
Combat styles[edit | edit source]
|Combat Options||Combat Style||Experience||Boosts|
|Accurate||Ranged and Hitpoints||Accuracy and damage|
|Rapid||Ranged and Hitpoints||Attack speed by 1 tick|
|Longrange||Ranged, Hitpoints and Defence|
Changes[edit | edit source]
|12 April 2018
|Twisted bow's performance no longer worsens against the monsters if they have a Magic level of over 350. This occurred due to the equations acting as parabolas, and Magic levels of more than 350 are now treated as 350 for the bow's passive effect.|
|19 January 2017
|Damage modifier cap changed from 350 to 250 outside Chambers of Xeric, as it was too powerful against some bosses.|
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- In an update on 28 February 2019, a twisted bow spawn was accidentally added east of the Farming Guild. The spawn was hotfixed shortly after the update and the game was rolled back to the time of the update.
- The twisted bow is similar in function to the Hexhunter bow in RuneScape.
- The ranger mercenary outside Theatre of Blood wields a twisted bow, and it can be seen in one of the webs hanging in Nylocas Vasilias' room along with its owner. However, this particular bow is a piece of scenery rather than an item. Examining it results in the message "It seems like the owner must've dropped it, how unfortunate!"
- Upon release, attempting to light a fire after completing Barbarian Firemaking Training resulted in the message "Nothing interesting happens." With the release of the Inferno, the message displayed will now state "It'd be foolish to possibly damage such an expensive bow with a firemaking attempt. You're surprised you only realised this now!"
- As a result of the twisted bow's introduction, General Graardor's magic level and magic defence bonus were adjusted as the bow originally outperformed other high-end weapons against him.
References[edit | edit source]
- Jagex. Mod Kieren's Twitter account. 29 May 2017. (Archived from the original on 29 May 2020.) Mod Kieren: "Outside raids, magic cap at 250 Acc modifier: 140 + (10 * 3 Magic / 10 - 10) / 100 - ((3 Magic / 10 - 100) ^2) / 100 Capped at 140."
- Jagex. Mod Kieren's Twitter account. 29 May 2017. (Archived from the original on 29 May 2020.) Mod Kieren: "Dmg modifier: 250 + (10 * 3 Magic / 10 - 14) / 100 - ((3 Magic / 10 - 140) ^2) / 100 Capped at 250."
- Jagex. Old School RuneScape's Twitter account. 28 February 2019. (Archived from the original on 28 February 2019.) Old School RuneScape: "A bug involving Twisted Bows and the Farming guild has been hotfixed. Stand by while we assess our next steps. If you have acquired a Twisted Bows from anywhere other than Chambers of Xeric, they will be removed - attempting to sell them may result in action against your account."
- The Old School Team. "Bug: Twisted Bows." Old School RuneScape News.