|Released||5 January 2017 (Update)|
|Examine||A mystical bow carved from the twisted remains of the Great Olm.|
|High alch||2,400,000 coins|
|Low alch||1,600,000 coins|
|Exchange||1,239,825,424 coins (info)|
The twisted bow is a reward from the Chambers of Xeric that requires a Ranged level of 85 to wield. It can fire any type of arrow, including dragon arrows. The twisted bow is extremely valuable due to its unmatched power against monsters with a high magic level, such as Commander Zilyana.
Similar to the crystal bow, the bow has an attack range of 10 tiles. As all attacks have a maximum of 10 range, long range does not provide any attack distance benefit but may still be used to gain Defence XP.
Combat styles[edit | edit source]
|Category: Bow||Combat Style||Style type||Weapon Style||Experience||Invisible Boost|
|Accurate||Ranged||Accurate||Ranged and Hitpoints||+3 Ranged|
|Rapid||Ranged||Rapid||Ranged and Hitpoints||+1 Attack speed|
|Longrange||Ranged||Longrange||Ranged, Defence, and Hitpoints||+3 Defence and Attack range|
Passive effect[edit | edit source]
Unlike other bows that have a set strength, the twisted bow functions differently: the higher the target's Magic level or Magic accuracy is (whichever is higher), the higher the bow's accuracy and damage. The accuracy multiplier caps at 140%, while the damage multiplier caps at 250%. The Magic level or accuracy caps at 250 outside the Chambers of Xeric, and 350 within.
Assuming dragon arrows, 99 Ranged and all damage boosting items and effects, the maximum hit with the twisted bow outside of the Chambers of Xeric or Tombs of Amascut is 88 (90 on accurate) on a Slayer task and 77 (79 on accurate) off-task.
Item sources[edit | edit source]
Comparison between other ranged weapons[edit | edit source]
|Name||level required||Ranged attack||Ranged strength
|Bow of Faerdhinen||80||+128||+106||124,835,991||
|Dragon hunter crossbow||70||+95||(+122)||67,660,531|
|Crystal bow||70||+100||+78||357,523[n 1]||
|Magic shortbow (i)||+75||74,838|
|Magic comp bow||50||+71||(+55)||5,429||
|Throwing knives|| 40
Changes[edit | edit source]
|11 May 2022
The twisted bow now requires level 85 Ranged to wield instead of level 75 Ranged.
|21 April 2021
The twisted bow's prayer bonus has been reduced from 4 to 0.
|9 August 2018
The item's value was increased from 90,000 to 4,000,000.
|12 April 2018
|26 January 2017
The Magic level cap was removed within the Chambers of Xeric.
|19 January 2017
A Magic level cap of 250 was added to the damage calculation, as it was too powerful against some bosses.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Early models for the bow by Mod West.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- In an update on 28 February 2019, a twisted bow spawn was accidentally added east of the Farming Guild. The spawn was hotfixed shortly after the update and the game was rolled back to the time of the update.
- The twisted bow is similar in function to the Hexhunter bow in RuneScape.
- The ranger mercenary outside Theatre of Blood wields a twisted bow, and it can be seen in one of the webs hanging in Nylocas Vasilias' room along with its owner. However, this particular bow is a piece of scenery rather than an item. Examining it results in the message "It seems like the owner must've dropped it, how unfortunate!"
- Upon release, attempting to light a fire after completing Barbarian Firemaking Training resulted in the message "Nothing interesting happens." With the release of the Inferno, the message displayed will now state "It'd be foolish to possibly damage such an expensive bow with a firemaking attempt. You're surprised you only realised this now!"
- As a result of the twisted bow's introduction, General Graardor's magic level and magic defence bonus were adjusted as the bow originally outperformed other high-end weapons against him.
References[edit | edit source]
- Jagex. Mod Kieren's Twitter account. 29 May 2017. (Archived from the original on 29 May 2020.) Mod Kieren: "Outside raids, magic cap at 250 Acc modifier: 140 + (10 * 3 Magic / 10 - 10) / 100 - ((3 Magic / 10 - 100) ^2) / 100 Capped at 140."
- Jagex. Mod Kieren's Twitter account. 29 May 2017. (Archived from the original on 29 May 2020.) Mod Kieren: "Dmg modifier: 250 + (10 * 3 Magic / 10 - 14) / 100 - ((3 Magic / 10 - 140) ^2) / 100 Capped at 250."
- Jagex. Old School RuneScape's Twitter account. 28 February 2019. (Archived from the original on 28 February 2019.) Old School RuneScape: "A bug involving Twisted Bows and the Farming guild has been hotfixed. Stand by while we assess our next steps. If you have acquired a Twisted Bows from anywhere other than Chambers of Xeric, they will be removed - attempting to sell them may result in action against your account."
- The Old School Team. "Bug: Twisted Bows". 28 February 2019. (Archived from the original.) Old School RuneScape News.