|Released||7 September 2017 (Update)|
|Examine||Ultra-good for the smallest or largest of plants.|
|High alch||51 coins|
|Low alch||34 coins|
|Exchange||779 coins (info)|
Ultracompost is the most potent version of compost, outclassing supercompost, that is used in the Farming skill to greatly reduce the chance of a farming patch from becoming diseased per growth stage by 90% (compared to 50 % for compost and 6/7 for supercompost). When used on a farming patch, each bucket grants 36 Farming experience.
In addition, it also increases the minimum yield and maximum number of harvests received from allotments, hops and herbs. This also applies to giant seaweed patches underwater and Celastrus bark from a fully grown Celastrus seed.
The minimum number of herbs increases from five to six (when compared to supercompost), and overall the crop yield is around 20% higher on average. The combined effects increase expected yield per patch to about 8.6 herbs at high Farming levels.
As a rule of thumb, ultracompost should only be used on farming patches that produce a valuable harvest (such as high-level herbs and Celastrus bark) and/or provide significant experience for each item harvested (such as watermelons). Ultracompost does not increase the yield of trees, fruit trees, or bush patches; therefore, it is not recommended to treat those patches with ultracompost if you plan to pay a gardener to watch over them, since there is no benefit other than the extra 36 experience granted.
Obtaining[edit | edit source]
To make ultracompost, players must use two volcanic ash on a bucket of supercompost. To make it in a compost bin, players must add 25 volcanic ash to a compost bin (50 on a Big Compost Bin) containing supercompost, and then collect it using buckets. Each bucket of ultracompost collected grants the player 10 Farming experience.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Ultracompost was also referred to as ubercompost during development.
References[edit | edit source]
- Jagex. Mod Kieren's Twitter account. 8 September 2017. Mod Kieren: "Ubercompost has been updated to have 1/10 x Chance now! :) Meaning fruit trees have a 96.9% chance of surviving."
- Jagex. Mod Ash's Twitter account. 24 January 2019. Mod Ash: "[Flower/berry/cactus patches] don't depend on the compost state. Allotments, hops and herbs do."
- Jagex. Mod Ash's Twitter account. 72 July 2018. Mod Ash: "[Does compost increase giant seaweed yield?] Yeah."
- Jagex. Mod Ash's Twitter account. 24 January 2019. Mod Ash: "Yes, celastrus would be helped by composting."
- Jagex. Mod Kieren's Twitter account. 8 September 2017. Mod Kieren: "[Ubercompost] was an alternative name at one point"