|Released||8 May 2001 (Update)|
|High alch||60 coins|
|Low alch||40 coins|
|Store price||100 coins|
|Exchange||1,396 coins (info)|
|This would be worth more cut.|
Obtaining[edit | edit source]
- Obtained randomly while mining ores.
- Dropped by many monsters or the rare drop table.
- Reward from random events.
- Mining gem rocks in Shilo Village - requires 40 Mining and completion of the Shilo Village quest.
- Mining gem rocks that appear in the Tai Bwo Wannai Cleanup minigame.
- Cracking wall safes in the Rogues' Den - requires 50 Thieving and 50 Agility to enter the area.
- Opening the muddy chest in the Lava Maze.
- Bought from the Gem trader in Al-Kharid and from Herquin's Gems in Falador - this is not reliable, as these shops' stocks of gems above sapphire are stocked by players.
- One is rewarded from the Misthalin Mystery quest.
- Two are rewarded from the Troll Romance quest, along with five other uncut gems.
|Ruby ring||Ring of forging|
|Ruby necklace||Digsite pendant|
|Ruby amulet||Amulet of strength|
|Ruby bracelet||Inoculation bracelet|
Dropping monsters[edit | edit source]
Monster Combat level Quantity Rarity Skeleton Hellhound 97 2 Always Slagilith 92 1 Always Brimstone chest N/A 25–35 (noted) Common (1/12) Ogress Warrior 82 1 Common Ogress Shaman 82 1 Common Feral Vampyre 61; 72 1 Uncommon Obor 106 5 (noted) Uncommon Skeletal Wyvern 140 10 (noted) Uncommon Venenatis 464 20 (noted) Uncommon Vet'ion 454 20 (noted) Uncommon Callisto 470 20 (noted) Uncommon Kalphite Queen 333 25 (noted) Uncommon Rare drop table N/A 1 Uncommon Tree spirit Varies 1 Rare
- Only during their associated quests. They do not drop anything when fought in the Nightmare Zone.
- 20 uncut rubies are dropped along 10 uncut diamonds