Unidentified medium fossil
|Unidentified medium fossil|
|Released||7 September 2017 (Update)|
|Examine||A medium-sized paleontological find ready for cleaning.|
|High alch||120 coins|
|Low alch||80 coins|
An unidentified medium fossil is a fossil that can be obtained while performing activities on Fossil Island, including:
- Obtaining one as a drop from monsters on the island.
- Chopping Sulliuscep mushrooms in the Tar Swamp.
- Tracking a herbiboar's tracks in the Mushroom Forest.
- Looting giant clam shells and treasure chests underwater.
- Purchasing one from Mairin in her shop for 200 mermaid's tears.
- Mining the boulder while in the Volcanic Mine.
- Looting drift nets
- Digging in the soil at the Museum Camp
- Opening a Bowl of fish
Cleaning[edit | edit source]
Before players can clean fossils, they must build the cleaning bench east of the Museum Camp using five planks, five nails and a hammer, granting 100 Construction experience. Alternatively, players can use the specimen table in the Varrock Museum.
To clean fossils, players must use the unidentified fossil on the fossil cleaning bench (or specimen table) while wearing leather boots and leather gloves and in possession of a trowel, rock pick and specimen brush.
Cleaning unidentified medium fossils will give the player a medium fossilised limbs, spine, ribs, pelvis, or skull. A set of these allows the player to place them in a medium display in the Varrock Museum's paleontology exhibit, located at the bottom floor of the museum, below the natural history exhibit. Doing so will give an antique lamp that gives 3,500 experience in any skill of level 30 or above, along with 2 kudos per display.
Drop sources[edit | edit source]
|Bowl of fish||N/A||1||1/350|
See Fossil Island fossils for strategies on obtaining fossils.
Store locations[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The fossil appears to resemble the Dome Fossil from the Pokémon franchise.