Unidentified rare fossil
|Unidentified rare fossil|
|Released||7 September 2017 (Update)|
|Examine||An unusual paleontological find ready for cleaning.|
|High alch||750 coins|
|Low alch||500 coins|
An unidentified rare fossil is a fossil that can be obtained while performing activities on Fossil Island, including:
- Obtaining one as a drop from monsters on the island.
- Chopping Sulliuscep mushrooms in the Tar Swamp.
- Tracking a herbiboar's tracks in the Mushroom Forest.
- Looting giant clam shells and treasure chests underwater.
- Mining the boulder while in the Volcanic Mine.
- Looting drift nets
- Digging in the soil at the Museum Camp
- Opening a Bowl of fish
Cleaning[edit | edit source]
Before players can clean fossils, they must build the cleaning bench east of the Museum Camp using five planks, five nails and a hammer, granting 100 Construction experience. Alternatively, players can use the specimen table in the Varrock Museum.
To clean fossils, players must use the unidentified fossil on the fossil cleaning bench (or specimen table) while wearing leather boots and leather gloves and in possession of a trowel, rock pick and specimen brush. All of these items can be obtained by taking a cleaning kit from the wall in the Varrock Museum's cleaning area.
Item sources[edit | edit source]
|Bowl of fish||N/A||1||1/1,750|
See Fossil Island fossils for strategies on obtaining fossils.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The fossil appears to resemble the Old Amber from the Pokémon franchise.