Unidentified small fossil
|Unidentified small fossil|
|Released||7 September 2017 (Update)|
|Examine||A small paleontological find ready for cleaning.|
|High alch||60 coins|
|Low alch||40 coins|
- Obtaining one as a drop from monsters on the island.
- Chopping Sulliuscep mushrooms in the Tar Swamp.
- Tracking a herbiboar's tracks in the Mushroom Forest.
- Looting giant clam shells and treasure chests underwater.
- Purchasing one from Mairin in her shop for 100 mermaid's tears.
- Mining the boulder while in the Volcanic Mine.
- Looting drift nets
- Digging in the soil at the Museum Camp
- Opening a Bowl of fish
Cleaning[edit | edit source]
Before players can clean fossils, they must build the cleaning bench east of the Museum Camp using five planks, five nails and a hammer, granting 100 Construction experience. Alternatively, players can use the specimen table in the Varrock Museum.
To clean fossils, players must use the unidentified fossil on the fossil cleaning bench (or specimen table) while wearing leather boots and leather gloves and in possession of a trowel, rock pick and specimen brush. All of these items can be obtained by taking a cleaning kit from the wall in the Varrock Museum's cleaning area, or from the crate next to the cleaning benches on Fossil Island.
Cleaning unidentified small fossils will give the player a small fossilised limbs, spine, ribs, pelvis, or skull. A set of these allows the player to place them in a small display in the Varrock Museum's paleontology exhibit, located at the bottom floor of the museum, below the natural history exhibit. Doing so will give an antique lamp that gives 2,000 experience in any skill above level 20, along with 2 kudos per display.
Item sources[edit | edit source]
|Bowl of fish||N/A||1||1/175|
|Drift net fishing||1||Unknown|
|Soil Fossil Island||1||1/2,000|
See Fossil Island fossils for strategies on obtaining fossils.
Shop locations[edit | edit source]
Changes[edit | edit source]
|14 – 21 September 2017
The item's value was decreased from 250 to 100.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The fossil appears to be the F-shaped form of the Pokémon Unown.