Deadman Mode is a new hardcore game mode which is the ultimate in risk vs reward PvP. All members will be able to create an account on the Deadman servers and compete in the hiscores to see who can survive this unique way of playing Old school Runescape.
As a Deadman you will be constantly at risk, if you die to a player you will forfeit half of your XP and they will be able to raid your bank - so the risk is high. However, if you attack another player and get skulled you will not be able to enter a city until the skull has worn off. If anyone attacks you when you are skulled, they will not get a skull... YOU will be a target and there will be no shortage of players who will want to raid your bank.
Deadman Mode is set in the world of Old School Runescape but with a seperate rule set - this includes:
- Open PvP - PvP will be enabled everywhere on the map.
- Town Protection - Safe zones will be created in cities and villages. Any player who enters these safe zones when skulled will be attacked by high level guards (and they will kill you).
- Death - When you die you will lose 50% of your XP.
- Loss of Progress - You can protect up to 5 skills at a time so you don’t lose any XP in these skills. (limited to 2 combat skills only)
- Bank Raiding - When you are killed by a player, they will be able to raid your bank for one inventory worth of items.
- Insurance - You will be able to insure your items so they can’t be raided, however if you die when wearing them they will automatically drop on the floor.
- Accelerated Progression - You will receive 5 times the XP you normally would.
Deadman Mode will be available for you to survive on the 29th October.
Join us for a Deadman Q&A special at 5pm BST 15th October on www.twitch.tv/runescape
To discuss Deadman Mode, head to our forums.
Mods Alfred, Archie, Ash, Ghost, Ian, John C, Kieren, Mat K, Maz, Ronan, Weath
The Old School Team