These might be unprecedented times, but that doesn’t stop the Easter celebrations in Gielinor!
Spring has sprung, and so have hundreds and thousands of bunny rabbits, hopping right out of a magical portal and straight into East Falador. Perhaps that troubled looking magician has something to do with it? You’d better skip over there and find out.
As always, there are no membership or skill requirements to enjoy this special Easter event – just bring yourself (and perhaps a carrot or two).
New Account Restrictions
While the Support team works hard to clamp down on cheats in the game, it can be especially hard for them to do so when new accounts can gather items of value and pass them on so easily. In general, we try to avoid anti-bot measures that impact legitimate players, but sometimes it's necessary for the long-term health of the game to take action against cheats. We've therefore applied some restrictions that will prevent brand-new F2P accounts from trading items to other players. The good news is that they can still receive items from other players, so you can still give supportive gifts to your newb friends.
From now on, the following rules will be in place for all brand-new F2P accounts:
- Items dropped by a brand-new account cannot be picked up by other players, although brand-new players can still pick up items dropped by others.
- If a brand-new player is PK’d, the PKer will still receive most of their tradable items – the exception is noted items, which are capped at 20 notes per item.
- Brand-new players may receive items in a trade but cannot give items away.
- Brand-new players cannot log in to PvP worlds.
- Brand-new players cannot create ‘Sell’ offers for commonly botted items on the GE.
- Brand-new players cannot add items to the Party Chest.
- Brand-new players cannot stake in the Duel Arena.
These restrictions can be removed by logging over 20 hours of game time, earning 10 quest points, and reaching 100 total level. Alternatively, you can purchase membership to bypass these requirements.
The Merch Store has been updated with a new range of phone covers featuring the designs from the Skill Capes! Available for all popular models.
It’s also worth pointing out that from now on, spending over £50, €60, or $70 will get you free shipping. It’s a permanent buff, so keep it in mind!
We don’t expect any delays to deliveries due to the ongoing COVID-19 situation, but we will keep you updated.
If you have an issue with your order, please reach out to the shop support team.
The team is working hard to resolve the login issues players may be experiencing since the restrictions were put in place on the 27th of March. We will keep you updated as soon as we have more information for you.
The PvP world rota has moved to Period A. On the east of the Atlantic, the host for the High Risk PvP world will be W43, Germany. On the west of the Atlantic, the host for the Standard PvP world will be W24, USA, and for the F2P PvP world, W117, USA. The members-only LMS world will be W333, UK, and the F2P LMS world will be W469, US.
- Female character models now hold certain items correctly.
- Now that your Hosidius favour does not decrease, Marisi no longer offers to protect crops for a fee if she's already doing it per gratis.
- The sacred eel Fishing spot bubbles have been recoloured to help players see them.
- The Corrupted Gauntlet no longer gives extra capes to players who have one stored in a costume room.
- Some spammy messages that played in Nightmare Zone when a boss transitions to another form instead of dying have been filtered.
- You will no longer be stuck with the wrong spellbook if you leave the Last Man Standing waiting enclosure before the battle starts.
- The Eternal Teleport Crystal is now prioritised over a greater selection of other items on death.
- The looting bag now accepts deposits without an initial delay within the Wilderness on PvP worlds, like it does on standard worlds.
- The looting bag now makes you wait a while before you can destroy it in PvP combat in dangerous areas, matching the behaviour for dropping items manually.
- The Fountain of Rune no longer charges members-only items on F2P worlds.
Stay tuned in the coming weeks for more updates from Poll 70!
Discuss this update on our official forums, the community-led 2007Scape Reddit, or the community-led OSRS Discord in the #gameupdate channel. For reference on the above content, check out the official Wiki.
Mods Acorn, Archie, Ash, Banjo, Boko, Bonsai, Bruno, Curse, Deagle, Ed, Errol, Fed, Flippy, Gee, Husky, John C, Kieren, Kristy, Lenny, Lottie, Maylea, MikeD, Nasty, Oasis, Roq, Ry, Steve W, Sween, Tide, Vegard, Weath & West
The Old School Team