We’ve made some improvements to Giants’ Foundry this week – keep reading to learn more!
Giants' Foundry Improvements
Since Giants’ Foundry launched last week, we’ve seen adventurers come out in droves to help Kovac forge some comically oversized weapons – although we’re still not sure what he’s planning to do with them…
As always with releases like this, we’ve spotted a couple of post-launch issues and made some changes to correct them. Here’s what’s changed since launch:
- HOTFIX: Resolved a bug which prevented players from withdrawing Runite Bars from the Blast Furnace’s bar dispenser.
- HOTFIX: Players will no longer erroneously lose quality when clicking the Drop Hammer at a specific time. We can’t let you tick-perfect players suffer from success!
- HOTFIX: Using items on the Polishing Wheel to repair it no longer fixes the Drop Hammer.
- The Moulds list will now display your best moulds first, we're not saving the best til' last here!
- Removed Kovac’s confirmation dialogue when asking him for a commission, which should make back-to-back commissions feel a bit smoother. Do check in and say hello from time to time, though – we don’t want him to feel lonely!
- Changed animations so that players are now able to move while examining a finished sword prior to hand-in – although you can still pause to take in the wonders of metallurgy if you wish.
- Changed the weight of the Colossal Blade to 30kg, in-line with the Barrelchest Anchor. We’ve also added some sufficiently weighty noises from the Anchor to match the Blade’s heft.
- Using the "X" option when adding armour or weapons to the Giants' Foundry crucible will now remember the last number input as a new option next time you open the dialog, so you can keep adding the same amount to the crucible.
- The Scroll Position reset issue has been fixed so players will no longer see any dead space in the Mould Jig.
- Player will now actually face the Mould Jig when they use it.
We’ve also made a few other changes based on recent player feedback.
Most notably, we’ve added two more chests for use with Skully’s Loot Keys. One is located upstairs in the Grand Tree Bank and is available on all members-only worlds. The other, visible only on PvP worlds, is in the Lumbridge Castle courtyard.
The locations of the two newest Loot Chests.
Regrettably, a single potted plant was harmed while placing the Loot Key chest in the Grand Tree. Let’s have a moment of silence before moving on to the rest of this week’s changes:
- Unranked Group Iron players can now make use of the braziers at the God Wars Dungeon and Kalphite Queen lair, and see whether the Iron instances are occupied.
- A water source icon has been added to the Legends' Guild courtyard fountain on the World Map.
- The price change rate at Baba Yaga's Magic Shop has been decreased from 1% per item to 0.1% per item, in line with the Magic Guild Store.
- Clicking out of the Agility Pyramid’s completion dialogue will no longer prevent the associated Desert Diary task from completing.
- Players making breadcrumbs in Recipe for Disaster are no longer given inappropriate messages about meat.
- The ‘Take-net’ option on the Spirit Angler next to the Tempoross reward pool no longer involves dialogue.
- You will no longer be reminded to use //// or /g, or // or /c to chat in the respective chat channels when switching worlds.
- The Shayzien soldiers valiantly fighting lizardmen no longer have an ‘Attack’ option.
- The door to the Zamorakian Chapel in Varrock now swings in the opposite direction.
An a-door-able small change.
PvP World Rota
The PvP rota has moved to Period B:
- 560 - (UK) - PvP World
- 579 - (US) - High-Risk PvP World
- 561 - (UK) - Free-to-Play PvP World
- 580 - (US) - LMS Competitive
World 390 (AUS) for LMS Competitive has been de-activated with this rota.
Game Mode Survey
Last week, we sent out a survey via email asking players for their thoughts on a variety of potential game modes. We saw a lot of discussion about the survey and wanted to capture more of your thoughts. Click the button below to be whisked away to a world of possibilities, let us know your thoughts on a series of game modes! If any prove popular, perhaps they might make their way to an Old School RuneScape near you soon...
PvP Update Survey
The Emir is eager to see the gates of his Arena reopen, allowing brave warriors to feel the thrill of battle once more. In order to appease His Eagerness, we'll be opening the PvP Arena for a public beta this month, and you can expect full access in July!
If you've been keeping up with our recent polls, you might be wondering what we plan to do about rewards. We intend to honour the results of the most recent poll - therefore, the PvP Arena will offer the following rewards:
- Imbue Scrolls
- Blighted Wave Sacks
- Blighted Surge Sacks
For those of you who really wanted to experience the other rewards, we have a special treat - you'll be able to find the following items in Arena equipment chests, along with 400 other pieces of equipment for your Inventory and Worn slots.
- Maoma’s Headgear
- Koriff’s Headgear
- Saika’s Headgear
- Superior Calamity Armour
- Elite Calamity Armour
- Fighter’s Wristwraps
This equipment is exclusively for use within the PvP Arena - by order of the Emir himself!
Working on the PvP Arena has helped bring the team us closer to the PvP community than ever before and provided valuable insight into some of the pain points these players have. There's so much more we can do to improve the state of PvP, and this is only the first step.
Our dedicated PvP team will be moving on to reworking the Wilderness bosses, but what’s next for PvP? Well, that’s where you come in! We’d like your help to shape the future of PvP in Old School RuneScape. We really want to gain a better understanding of where you think we should focus our efforts!
In order to do that, we’ve created a short survey. We’d really appreciate if you could let us know your thoughts by filling it out. We’ll then look to share the results in a future blog.
Lastly, we just wanted to pass on a huge thank you to everyone that got involved in all of the discussions around rewards, especially those in the PvP Discord! We’ve loved working with you and can’t wait to see what else we’re able to achieve together!
You can also discuss this update on our official forums, on the 2007Scape subreddit, the Steam forums, or the community-led OSRS Discord in the #gameupdate channel. For more info on the above content, check out the official Old School Wiki.
Mods Arcane, Archie, Argo, Ash, Ayiza, Banjo, Boko, Brow, Bruno, Curse, Daizong, Dibber, Ditto, Dylan, Ed, Elena, Errol, Fed, Gecko, Goblin, Grub, Halo, Havik, Hornet, Husky, Jalo, John C, Kandosii, Katies, Kamon, Kieren, Kirby, Kurotou, Lenny, Light, Lottie, Mack, Matheus, Maylea, Markos, Meat, Morty, Nasty, Nin, Nylu, Oasis, Peppers, Regent, Redfield, Roq, Ry, Sarnie, Sigma, Skylark, Soffan, Sova, Squid, Steve W, Tide, Torrance, Veda, Vegard, West & Wolfy
The Old School Team.