We're approaching the end of the Poll #71 changes! Here's what we've been working on this week.
Poll #71 Updates
Grotesque Guardian Changes
The lightning transition phase when Dawn flies away during the Grotesque Guardians fight has been removed, and Dusk will become attackable as soon as Dawn begins to fly. The transition when she flies back will still play.
Additionally, the Guardians will no longer be invulnerable during their transition periods.
Both Dawn and Dusk will now reach their places faster during the transition for the lightning phase, shaving off a few precious seconds. The phase itself is shorter, although it has the same amount of lightning – so get ready to move!
Now, onto some monkey business: you can now transform your Monkey backpack into new variants!
After you’ve completed Monkey Madness 2, a simian named Bobawu outside the Ape Atoll Agility course will start tracking the number of laps you’ve completed. The more your work out, the more transformations you'll unlock for your Monkey friend.
Here's a list of the transformations and how many laps you'll need to unlock them:
- Karamja: 100 laps
- Zombie: 250 laps
- Maniacal: 500 laps
- Skeleton: 1000 laps
- Kruk Jr: 1500 laps
- Prince: 2000 laps
Bear in mind that the counter will only begin from today’s update. Any laps you’ve already completed will not count towards your total.
And a special shout-out goes to Reddit user rururupert, who came up with this fine suggestion. Good work!
The forge in Lumbridge now contains an anvil for low level players to try Smithing before they travel the long and dangerous road up to Varrock.
Unfortunately, the Lumbridgians aren’t especially technically advanced, so you can only use it to smith bronze items.
Believe it or not, we’re still not done with all the updates from Poll #71 – so keep your eyes peeled for more in the coming weeks.
In Other News
The PvP World rota is switching over to Period B. On the east of the Atlantic, host the Standard PvP world (W325, UK) and the F2P PvP world (W371, UK). On the west of the Atlantic, host the Bounty Hunter world (W319, USA) and the High Risk PvP world (W337, USA).
- Bob Barter now quotes the correct price for empty cups when discussing decanting.
- Once the Burgh de Rott Bank is repaired and staffed, items can be used on the Bank Booth to un-note them, just as you would anywhere else.
- You can now attack a dummy in your Player Owned House with Vesta's Longsword on any world.
- The Dagannoth Kings' ‘attack’ animations will no longer be interrupted by their ‘defend’ animations.
- The fully charged and partially charged Strange Old Lockpicks will now behave consistently when looting coffins in the Hallowed Sepulchre.
- The Dark Mage north of Edgeville now has a separate stock of runes for Iron players.
- Lucien will now ensure players are given directions to his house when they start Temple of Ikov and will even repeat them if necessary. What a lovely chap!
- The order of item retrieval from a gravestone has changed to better reflect the order the items were in when they were lost on death.
- Retrieving a light source from your gravestone will now update the intensity of the darkness around you.
- Players are now able to cast Alchemy spells on light sources such as the Firemaking Skill Cape, provided it's not the only light source they're carrying in a dark place.
- Some helpful Agility trainers have left footprints to guide players along the rooftop courses – except from in Ardougne, where they don’t go in for that sort of thing.
- Fixed an issue where using the Leaf Battleaxe would cause a slight walk delay.
- Fixed some stretching on the Mythical Cape.
- When hitting something (or someone) with the Bludgeon, you'll now hear an appropriate sound effect.
Discuss this update on our official forums, the community-led 2007Scape Reddit, or the community-led OSRS Discord in the #gameupdate channel. For reference on the above content, check out the official Wiki.
Mods Acorn, Arcane, Archie, Ash, Banjo, Boko, Bonsai, Bruno, Curse, Deagle, Ed, Elena, Errol, Fed, Flippy, Gayns, Gee, Halo, Husky, Impact, Jndr, John C, Kandosii, Kieren, Lenny, Lottie, Lyric, Mack, Maylea, MikeD, Nasty, Oasis, Roq, Ry, Steve W, Sween, Tide, Vegard, Weath & West
The Old School Team