Hardcore Ironman Mode
Old School's most extreme challenge is here. Don your armour and fight to survive in all new Hardcore Ironman Mode.
Hardcore Ironman works in the exact same way as a standard Ironman account, simply with the added challenge of only one life. Your one life will only be claimed by a dangerous death. Safe deaths, such as those in many minigames, will not cause you to lose your Hardcore status.
There are no second chances as a Hardcore Ironman. If you fall into the clutches of death, you will be stripped of your Hardcore status and converted to a standard Ironman.
Following a death, you can continue your adventure as a standard Ironman.
The Hardcore Ironman Hiscores is a special leaderboard showing off those who made it furthest without falling. When you die, your place on the Hiscores will be permanently frozen, as a testament to your prowess before death.
Safe Deaths do not remove your Hardcore status. The following is a list of deaths are deemed safe, and therefore will not revoke your Hardcore status:
- Duel Arena
- Castle Wars
- POH Deaths
- Clan Wars
- Fight Caves
- Fight Pits
- Pest Control
- Random Event Areas
- Barb Assault
- Nightmare Zone
- Fishing Trawler
- Magic Training Arena
- Rogues' Den
- Fremennik Trials - Thorvald the Warrior's end phase
- PvM Arena
- Zulrah - Elite Diary Resurection only. Standard deaths here will revoke Hardcore Status.
- Lunar Diplomacy dream section
- Knight Waves Training Grounds
To begin your fight for survival, talk to Juan before you exit Tutorial Island. He'll get you started as a Hardcore Ironman. From there, it's all up to you.
If you'd like to skip straight to Juan, Skippy can now be found on Tutorial Island on all worlds. Skippy will not send you straight to the mainland, so you'll still have a chance to talk to Adam, Paul or Juan to become an Ironman!
To coincide with the launch of Hardcore Ironman, and in order to protect the integrity of the game mode, Ironmen are no longer able to receive drops if they have had another player tank a Boss for them.
In other news
- Added some more nechryaels to the Kourend catacombs.
- There are now flashing notifications in the duel arena options screen for your opponent when you load a previous duel or saved settings.
- Added an option to loot notifications for showing untradeable item drops.
- Reduced the wander range of the Taverley tree patch gardener.
- Steve/Pieve no longer walk around in the wyvern cave.
- Players will now receive slayer xp for Superior Encounters killed outside of tasks.
- Fixed a typo on one of the hard clue scroll anagrams.
- Drops from Skotizo now trigger loot notifications.
- Players are no longer able to complete a Morytania easy diary task from the Digsite.
Discuss this update on our forums.
Mods Archie, Ash, Ghost, Jed, John C, Kieren, Mat K, Maz, Merchant, Ronan, Roq, TomH, Weath & West
The Old School Team