This week sees the release of separate K/D ratios for PvP worlds and Bounty Hunter. There are also updates to slashing webs and some Song of the Elves feedback changes.
PvP worlds and Bounty Hunter worlds now have their own K/D ratios distinct from Wilderness kills. The notice board on the north side of Edgeville bank will show your K/D ratios and those of nearby players.
Any weapon with a slash bonus now has a chance to slash through a web. Previously, only knives and certain types of sword could cut through webs, usually giving a 50% chance, or 100% for the Wilderness swords. Now any weapon with a slash bonus can do it, with the success rate depending on the weapon's slash bonus. No weapon's chance to slash through webs has been decreased by this change.
Song of the Elves
Iorwerth Dungeon Creatures
The Bloodveld and Nechryael within the Iorwerth dungeon have been replaced by their Mutated and Greater versions.
Crystal Items Changes
All Crystal items (tools, armour, and weapons) have had their maximum number of charges increased to 20,000. The Blade of Saeldor has also had the number of charges it receives per crystal shard increased to 100 (previously 25).
Line of Sight Changes
With the release of last week’s Line-of-Sight Beta, players got the chance to try out the game with a mirrored line-of-sight between two points. This came with some positive improvements, most notably to PvP. However, some concerns were raised about things working differently in PvM situations.
This week the beta continues but with a new version of the line-of-sight algorithm. Now, when a player is not interacting with another player, the existing live algorithm is used, meaning the behaviour in PvM situations will not change. When interacting with other players, the new algorithm will be used. This will prevent one-way safe spots in PVP.
Make sure to try out the beta and let us know what you think of the changes!
Summer Sweepstake Winners
Congratulations to jordang90 and errandbarrow, our two winners of the Summer Sweepstake competition! You’ve both won 1 Chillbast PC, 1 GT Omega Racing chair and 1 month of membership each! Both of you have been contacted, so check your emails if you haven’t done so already.
In Other News
RuneFest tickets are still on sale! Get yours now to meet the JMods and hear the big update reveals for next year first hand!
The PvP World Rota is switching over to Period A. On the east of the Atlantic, host the Bounty Hunter world (W18, UK) and the High Risk PvP world (W43, Germany). On the west of the Atlantic, host the Standard PvP world (W24, USA) and the F2P PvP world (W117, USA).
- The Pearl fishing rods and Fish sack may now be stored in your magic wardrobe.
- The warning message that appears when a crystal weapon or shield has 100 charges left is now red.
- The Lumbridge teletab and diamond enchant options have swapped places on the lectern interface.
- Prissy Scilla has stopped wandering off and will now stay closer to home.
- Hastae no longer accept stat-boosts when checking whether the player has a sufficient Attack level to equip them, making them consistent with other weapons.
- Diango's Claws now make the same sound as real Dragon claws.
- The progress bar at the Theatre of Blood no longer overlaps with text in resizable mode.
- The correct dialogue is now given when asking the crystal singing NPCs in Prifddinas to create an item for you.
- Lisa's dialogue has been updated to reflect the new minigame mechanics at LMS.
Discuss this update on our official forums, the community-led 2007Scape Reddit, or the community-led OSRS Discord in the #gameupdate channel. For reference on the above content, check out the official Wiki. If you run into any bugs, please submit an in-game bug report by right clicking the 'report' button found at the bottom of the chat box.
Mods Acorn, Archie, Ash, Bruno, Curse, Ed, Flippy, Gambit, Gee, Ghost, Husky, John C, Kieren, Lenny, Lottie, Maz, Nasty, Roq, Ry, Sween, Tide, Weath, West & Wolf
The Old School Team