The Nightmare of Ashihama Day One Feedback Changes
It's great to see so many of you psyching yourselves up and facing The Nightmare. We'd like to thank everyone who played through the content yesterday and told us what they think. We have made the following changes based on your feedback:
- The surge attack delay has now been increased by one tick
- The defend sound has been lowered to avoid bursting eardrums
- The MVP will now receive big bones as a drop to signify their status
- There is now a greater chance to receive food and potions as a drop, and their quantity has been increased
- The Nightmare Staff now has a separate roll from the other uniques, much like the Spirit shield from the Corporeal Beast
The above changes are now live, and we'll continue to monitor player feedback and interaction with the Nightmare, and we'll make any additional changes next week. One such change we'll make next week is recolouring notification messages to help them stand out more.
Don't fall asleep!
Update: 17:00 UTC 7th February.
We're continuing to investigate reports of lag and crashes, most notably from those playing on iPhones running iOS 13.3. We've made progress, but more investigation is needed, and we'll update you early next week.
Discuss this update on our official forums, the community-led 2007Scape Reddit, or the community-led OSRS Discord in the #gameupdate channel. For reference on the above content, check out the official Wiki.
Mods Acorn, Archie, Ash, Banjo, Bonsai, Bruno, Curse, Ed, Errol, Fed, Flippy, Gambit, Gee, Ghost, Husky, John C, Kieren, Lenny, Lottie, Nasty, Oasis, Roq, Ry, Steve W, Sween, Tide, Weath & West
The Old School Team