You can click the map for a larger version.
Prifddinas was first added to the map 14 years ago, and we think it's fair to say it's been a long time coming. Those who manage to bring an end to the schemes of King Lathas and Lord Iorwerth will finally be able to access the crystal city of Prifddinas. Within its walls lie many new characters and challenges.
We'll only be detailing two things within this blog, but rest assured there is much more to come. We'll be releasing a dedicated blog for Song of the Elves in the near future with more information and additions based on your feedback and ideas!
To the PvMers among you, we present The Gauntlet! A brand-new challenge requiring players to start from scratch with no weapons or armour.
- Face off against crystalline versions of monsters
- Collect resources, weapons and armour as you go
- The pressure will be on as you find your time to gather equipment is rather limited before you engage in combat
- All new boss monster to face, expected to be one of the toughest Old School has ever seen
We also have the latest skilling boss, which will also be found within the city.
- Too powerful for normal weapons, use multiple skills with a focus on the Mining skill to create explosives which damage the boss
- Unlike the Wintertodt, expect this boss to deal damage to you directly rather than just through the environment
- For successfully defeating the boss, expect to be rewarded with Mining resources and a shot at brand new uniques
- A focus on item rewards rather than experience
To match existing Crystal weapons, completing Song of the Elves will grant access to unlock Crystal armour from within Prifddinas, one of many rewards on offer. The new set is expected to roughly match the stats of the existing Crystal shield and be similar in strength to Barrows.
Just as we are looking for the Community's opinion on Warding, we also want to hear your ideas for Song of the Elves and Prifddinas. In the spirit of Old School, it's down to you to shape the crystal city by letting us know what kind of content you would like to see! There are eight elven districts, leaving lots of room for small, medium and large content. Your feedback and suggestions for both The Gauntlet and the skilling boss are highly appreciated
We intend to poll Song of the Elves later this year. Please make sure you have expanded the various sections to see all of the information in the blog. Your feedback is invaluable to us, and as such we invite you to be vocal about sharing it with us. Your comments will help us finalise the Song of the Elves design before posting the finalised poll blog. Use #OSRSReveals on Twitter, comment on our official forums, the community-led 2007Scape Reddit, or the community-led OSRS Discord in the #gameupdate channel.