This week’s update is the 7th Birthday Event!
Old School RuneScape’s 7th Birthday
It’s been seven years to the day since we dug out our dragon med helms and returned to the nostalgic world of Old School RuneScape, and you know what that means - it’s time to celebrate!
The Romeo and Juliet quest first came out in 2001 (19 years ago!) and Juliet’s spent all her time since moping around the house. The problem is, she’s supposed to be hosting a birthday party but just can’t work up the motivation to do it. If only some kind players would pop over to her house and see if they can cheer her up. Plus, she'll almost certainly accept your help even if you skipped her quest the first time around!
Adventure Paths: Gatherer Path
Back in August last year we released the first Combat Path to help newer players settle into the game. Both data and feedback have shown us that this was the right choice, and now we’re keen to expand the Adventure Path system even further.
This week, some lucky new players will be the first to test out the Gatherer Path, which introduces the Fishing, Woodcutting, and Mining skills and guides players to level 5 in each.
If you’d like to hear more about the Gatherer Path, check out this month’s edition of the Gielinor Gazette.
7th Anniversary Merch
There’s also plenty of birthday cheer in the Official Merch Store.
First up, we have Angels Scapes’ biggest and most detailed pin yet! This limited-edition item features Tim and Crunchy, who you might remember from the Official RuneScape Handbook. We love the stained-glass effect from the opaque enamel! Can you spot all the secret references? The pin comes with its own presentation box, so you can keep it safely tucked away for a special occasion. Pre-order by 08:00 on March 3rd to secure your own!
Other exciting new items include the limited edition DFS pin, the Ironman varsity jacket and the enamel Hitpoint mug. Go check out the store to see the full range!
It’s that time of year again! Content creators from RuneScape, Old School, and the Twitch Community have combined their powers to fight for the noble cause of GameBlast.
We’ve got 20 content creators from all over the globe involved, including a few familiar faces from around the office. They’ve been told they can get as unique and creative as you like, and we’ve already heard rumours that there will be snorkels involved… somehow. There’ll be plenty of chances for you to join in the fun with quizzes, games, and even auctions, so keep your eyes peeled.
All streamers will be taking donations via the official JustGiving pages, which will be linked on their streams.
All funds raised over the weekend will be going straight to SpecialEffect, a charity which puts fun and inclusion back into the lives of people with physical disabilities by helping them to play video games. Your donations could go to a range of awesome technology like modified joypads, eye-controlled computers, and voice-control setups.
Think you’ve got what it takes to join the marathon 48-hour stream and raise some money for this fantastic cause? You can still sign up on the GameBlast website and join the United Communities of RuneScape team here. Keep up with the schedule on the UCoR discord .
Let’s show the world what we can do as #OneCommunity!
In Other News
The PvP world rota is switching to Period B. To the east of the Atlantic, the Standard PvP world host is W25, UK and the F2P PvP world is W71, UK. To the west of the Atlantic, the High Risk PvP world is W37, USA. There are currently no Bounty Hunter worlds.
- Keep your eyes peeled for the Birthday Livestream on Friday, February 21st at 16:00 UTC.
- The Shove special attack can no longer be stalled by other actions.
- A typo has been fixed in the Impling Jar Exchange.
- The water has been moved back slightly from the kraken boss cave entrance.
- Mobile devices which don't use the slider which controls how far apart the interfaces are will no longer have that slider.
- Wiki link has been re-enabled for iOS users.
- Players will now be given fake XP drops when targeting The Nightmare's totems.
- The Ironman-only portal for The Nightmare has been removed, meaning that Ironmen can now face The Nightmare alongside ordinary players.
- The Zalcano drop table has been updated again. The chance of landing on the crystal tool seed table is now 1/200 with a 1/8000 chance of getting an uncut onyx. The Zalcano shard has been removed from this table and will now be rolled as a tertiary drop (like pets). The amount of mithril, gold and silver ore received as drops has also been reduced.
Discuss this update on our official forums, the community-led 2007Scape Reddit, or the community-led OSRS Discord in the #gameupdate channel. For reference on the above content, check out the official Wiki.
Mods Acorn, Archie, Ash, Banjo, Bonsai, Bruno, Curse, Ed, Errol, Fed, Flippy, Gambit, Gee, Husky, John C, Kieren, Kristy, Lenny, Lottie, Mike D, Nasty, Oasis, Roq, Ry, Steve W, Sween, Tide, Weath & West
The Old School Team