This week sees several improvements to Puro-Puro and more.
We know you're imp-patient to see more of the minigame improvements you voted for, and this week we've been hard at work on Puro-Puro! Here's the skinny:
- There are some new impling spawns around Gielinor, although implings do not spawn any faster.
- Crop circles may now appear in 10 new locations, including some new wheat fields and existing fields that were previously crop circle-free! You may find crop circles appearing south of Taverley, Mos'le Harmless, Harmony, Hosidius, the Farming Guild, Gwenith, Gnome Stronghold, Catherby, Brimhaven and south of Kingstown. Enter these crop circles to gain the Farmer's Affinity bonus and go to the Puro-Puro minigame.
- Farmer's Affinity: When traveling to Puro-Puro through the overworld crop fields, players now receive a 30-minute buff allowing them to push through the wheat faster.
- Players can now toggle whether or not they get Strength XP from the minigame. Chat to Elnock about the wheat to toggle this option.
- Players can now store a butterfly net, imp repellent and up to 1,000 jars with Elnock. He also has a 'quick-withdraw' option, letting you grab the necessary equipment in one move!
- Elnock is now able to trade a small number of jars (they are 2,000 GP each and have a daily purchase limit of 10).
As before, new crop circles may take up to 30 minutes to appear after an update. Don't panic if you cannot find a crop circle yet! You can always ask the lost impling in Zanaris to show you the current crop circle. In fact, it has gained a right-click option to let you do that more easily!
Some of the new crop circle locations: Taverley, Mos Le'Harmless and Harmony
Now the poll is complete, we have made a number of improvements to Barbarian Assault, plus sprinkled in a few extras to boost your experience.
- As requested, machines are now more streamlined, and players can click out of the process.
- The player should be able to 'call' whilst interacting with the machine.
- Repairing traps is now quicker.
- The defender machine gives the defender a hammer.
- Penance kill counters are now updated more predictably in Barbarian Assault waves.
- Eggs have been remodelled so that they are colourblind friendly.
- Fake XP drops have been added (since no regular XP is gained).
- We've added flashing calls to let you know when a call is changing.
Soul Wars Changes
More updates for Soul Wars! These include the exciting new Clan vs Clan mode - are you ready to accept the challenge?
Grouping for the Soul Wars minigame has been rebalanced. Right now players can choose their teams, which sometimes means that one team is much stronger.
- The blue waiting area has been changed into the Soul Wars waiting area (which now has a white barrier).
- All players looking to join a game are put in this same waiting area.
- When a game starts, players are automatically assigned a team.
- Combat level is used to keep the two teams approximately even.
- The unnecessary green portal is removed.
The new Soul Wars portals
Clan Vs Clan
The red waiting area has been reworked into a clan waiting area (and now has a snazzy purple border). This area can be used on any world, but the player must still meet the Soul Wars requirements (total level, Combat level, tutorial completion and membership).
Within the waiting area, clan members can challenge each other to Soul Wars games. Only clan members ranked Captain and above can issue and accept a challenge. Challenges can't be issued to members of the same clan. Once issued, the challenge will show up in the Chat Box and players must click to accept.
Upon accepting a challenge, players see a confirmation screen. Once both hit accept, the game begins! If either player closes the screen, the challenge is cancelled.
Once underway, folk in the waiting area who are part of the two challenging clans will be pulled into the game. One clan is assigned the red team and the other the blue team. From this point, the game mostly progresses as normal. However, actions in a clan game don't contribute to statistics on the lobby scoreboard. Zeal is given for clan games, but only at a 1/3 of the usual rate.
Leaving a clan game does not apply a leaver's penalty like normal games. Players with a leaver's penalty can still join clan games.
- You will now always unfreeze at the end of a Soul Wars game.
- Time remaining messages are now handled by the server. This should stop them from appearing twice.
- Spoils of War can no longer be opened in Glarial's Tomb and Koschei's Arena:
- We've also added a few more NPCs to the list of spectral creatures that give Prayer XP while you have the Ectoplasmator:
- Barbarian spirits (all types)
- Tree spirit (Lost City)
- Temple Trekking Shadows
PvP World Rota
- The PvP world rota has moved to Period B.
- The host for the High Risk PvP world will be W337 (US East)
- The host for the Standard PvP world will be W325 (UK)
- The host for the free-to-play PvP world, W371 (UK)
- The members-only LMS world will be W492 (US East)
- The free-to-play LMS world will be W326 (UK)
- Multiple graphical wall issues within Chambers of Xeric have been fixed.
- The Combat levels of Glough and Kruk, the Monkey Madness II bosses, have increased - this is purely a visual change.
- You will no longer be damaged by the Sleepwalkers special attack after teleporting out of an encounter with The Nightmare.
- Multi-combat has been reintroduced to the Shade encounter area in the Temple Trekking minigame.
- The Trailblazer League's dragon axe recolours can now be used for Barbarian pyre ships.
Discuss this update on our official forums, the community-led 2007Scape Reddit, or the community-led OSRS Discord in the #gameupdate channel. For reference on the above content, check out the official Wiki.
Mods Acorn, Arcane, Archie, Argo, Ash, Ayiza, Banjo, Boko, Bonsai, Brow, Bruno, Curse, Daizong, Deagle, Dibber, Ditto, Ed, Elena, Errol, Fed, Flippy, Gayns, Gecko, Gee, Grub, Halo, Husky, Jndr, John C, Kandosii, Katies, Kieren, Kirby, Lenny, Light, Lottie, Mack, Maylea, MikeD, Morty, Nasty, Nin, Oasis, Roq, Ry, Sarnie, Squid, Steve W, Sween, Tide, Vegard, West, Wolfy & Zuko
The Old School Team