This week sees the release of some PvP changes from the recent blog and the second Deadman Permadeath Beta.
Following our State of PvP blog, we have made several PvP changes this week. These are designed to increase fairness in terms of risk and to encourage players to try out PvP.
Last Man Standing
Casual games of LMS now begin after 30 seconds of a minimum number of 4 players being in the lobby, making games between friends easier to start. If the lobby reaches 24 players, the game begins automatically. Competitive and high stakes games of LMS now begin with 24 players, reduced from 48.
Players were previous able to unskull at quickly accessible to re-engage opponents with greatly reduced risk. To change this, players are no longer able to remove their PK skull by entering Clan Wars or the Nightmare Zone.
Teleblock in Free to Play
To encourage trying out PvP, free players now have access to the teleblock spell. It will have the same effect and duration on both free and members worlds.
Imp boxes were previously used to quickly bank items before being killed on PvP worlds and in the Wilderness. To prevent this method of avoiding risk, Imp boxes no longer work in PvP areas.
The Max Cape
Before this update, players with a Max cape killed in deep Wilderness dropped 11,880 GP and nothing in lower Wilderness. This has been raised to 569,250 GP (25% of the Max cape's cost - 2.2M). This change affects all variants of the Max cape.
The Vengeance spell no longer disrupts a player's walk animation unless they're already in a PvP area when they cast it. This is designed to minimise affecting genuine PvP situations while limiting the ability to lure using the spell.
Deadman Spring Finals Re-Run
The re-run will occur on Friday 14th June. Invited players will be able to login to the world from 17:00 BST (16:00 UTC) onwards. The Permadeath stage will begin at 20:00 BST (19:00 UTC). PvP will not be enabled until the beginning of the Permadeath stage. In the three hours between login and Permadeath players will be able to access their banks and deposit box, trade with other players, and engage in non-PvP content, including completing quests.
We'll be live on https://www.twitch.tv/oldschool from 20:00 BST (19:00 UTC) onwards - as usual we'll be conducting anti-cheating checks during the event to ensure fairness of play. We'll endeavour to announce the official results as soon as the event has concluded.
We're delighted to announce that there will be full prizemoney on offer for the re-run. The breakdown is as follows:
1st place: $20,000
2nd place: $10,000
3rd/4th place (Semi Finalists): $1,000
5th-16th (Quarter Finalists): 12 Months Membership
To allow finalists to prepare for the re-run, Tournament worlds will go live on Monday 10th June. These will be available to all players.
Deadman Summer Finals: Permadeath Beta
The second Deadman Permadeath stage beta goes live tomorrow (Friday 7th June) as described in a previous post. The beta has been updated based on feedback from the previous one.
Just as before, this beta playtest will take place on a world that doesn’t use your saved game profile – commonly called Unrestricted/Tournament Worlds. This means that you can visit that world and play without affecting your account’s stats, items or position in the other OSRS game worlds, and any progress you make on the Unrestricted World will be wiped when you log out. This means that logging in and out during the beta playtest will reset your state in the beta. Players are advised not to log out if they wish to avoid being reset – especially as you can't log in after the permadeath phase begins.
- The login period is available at 10:45 (BST) or 09:45 (UTC)
- The permadeath stage begins at 11:00 (BST) or 10:00 (UTC)
We'll confirm that the playtests are going ahead as planned by 09:45 (BST) or 08:45 (UTC) from the @OldSchoolRS and @OSRSPvP Twitter accounts.
Spring Finals Re-run and Summer Finals
For anyone who missed our recent PvP blog, the Deadman Spring Finals re-run is happening on the 14th June 2019. The Deadman Summer Finals will go ahead on the 22nd June, concluding with the permadeath stage on the 29th June. More details of the re-run and the summer finals can be found here.
In Other News
- The Summer Special promotion has been added to the bonds menu in preparation for the deal's launch after the weekend. We regret that we'll be unable to offer this deal on some platforms due to the rules of the various app stores that offer the mobile version of the game.
- Clue scrolls and related items now give a warning when alchemy spells are cast on them, even if the player's alchemy warning settings would otherwise not apply to these items.
- The signed oak bow, as endorsed by Robin, has had its inventory icon changed to make it distinct from normal oak bows.
- The feathered hats awarded by Rantz to experienced chompy hunters have had their descriptions updated to say what they signify.
- The left-click option on Dragon claws is now 'Wield' rather than 'Wear' to match other weapons.
- Free players tapping on a members skill on the stats interface should no longer randomly stop you performing skilling actions.
- The mobile app's icon that shows the app to be using mobile data rather than wifi has been changed. The previous picture of a smartphone was unclear, whereas the new icon is a more standard design and is consistent with the wifi indicator.
Discuss this update on our official forums, the community-led 2007Scape Reddit, or the community-led OSRS Discord in the #gameupdate channel. For reference on the above content, check out the official Wiki.
Mods Acorn, Archie, Ash, Bruno, Curse, Ed, Gambit, Gee, Ghost, Husky, Kieren, Lenny, Lottie, Maz, Nasty, Roq, Ry, Sween, Tide, Weath, West & Wolf
The Old School Team