Shove Special Attack Changes
Today we've made an unpolled change to the way Shove special attacks work from weapons like the Dragon and Zamorakian Spears.
Before this change, players could be targeted and held in place indefinitely. We think this goes against the spirit of the game, which is why we're making the change without a poll. In order to prevent the above, using a Shove special attack will now apply a three second immunity against being bound in place by binding spells like Entangle or Ice Barrage. This immunity period activates as soon as the Shove special attack stun effect wears off.
- Player A uses Zamorakian Spear Shove special attack on Player B
- Shove pushes Player B back and stuns them for three seconds
- Shove effect expires on Player B
- Player B gains three seconds of immunity from the effects of binding spells
- Player A cannot cast a binding spell on Player B for three seconds
- Immunity from binding spell effects expires
- Player A can freely cast a binding spell on Player B
- Binding spell effect on Player B expires
- Player B gains three seconds of immunity from binding spell effects
Players can still cast binding spells, like Ice Barrage, to deal damage to players with the immunity detailed above.
We're hoping that no matter the scenario, if a player is under the effects of a Shove special attack, they should receive three seconds of immunity from the effects of binding spells once the Shove stun effect wears off.
The Old School Team