Skill Cape Perks
If the glory of a owning a skill cape was not reason enough for you to regularly take it out of your bank, we've given each cape a small perk to make them that bit more useful!
Skill Cape Perks
Since their release skill capes have been a great way to show off your accomplishments in RuneScape, but as great as they look they haven't always been the most useful items. In an effort to give you more reasons to show off your accomplishments more regularly, we have added perks to each of the skill capes in game.
||Free access to Cyclops area found upstairs within the Warriors' Guild.
||Unlimited teleports to the Warriors' Guild.
||Act as a permanent Ring of Life. This effect can be toggled.
||Act as an Ava's accumulator.
||Act as if you are carrying a holy wrench (this does not stack with the holy wrench or ring of the gods).
||Can cast spellbook swap once per day.
||Acts as all tiaras.
||5 daily teleports to any player owned house portal.
||2x HP restore rate (does stack with regen bracelet, doesn't stack with rapid restore prayer).
||Acts as a graceful cape, including weight reduction and set bonus.
||Nardah herbalist will create unfinished potions for you, for 200gp each. (Same as desert hard reward). Also gives a pestle and mortar.
||10% better chance of succeeding when pickpocketing.
||Unlimited teleports to the Crafting Guild.
||Can be searched for a mithril grapple and bronze crossbow 3 times per day.
||Slim chance of being able to persuade a slayer master to reassign your last task.
||5 daily teleports to black or red chinchompas.
||5% chance of receiving an extra ore while mining, up to adamantite (stacks with Varrock armour).
||Acts as goldsmithing gauntlets.
||Unlimited fishing guild teleports.
||Impossible to burn any food.
||Acts as a lightsource.
||10% increased chance of finding a bird's nest.
||5% increased yield from herb patches (stacks with magic secateurs).
||Provides all of the above (unless combined with another cape, in which case no perks are provided).
The PvM Arena has returned for this year's Clan Cup! Clans participating in the tournament will be able to face-off in this head-to-head PvM battle, taking down boss after boss after boss. Two teams enter the arena with one goal: get more kills than the other clan in one hour.
In other news...
Quality of life/other updates
- Worlds 317 and 321 have been reverted from Deadman worlds to Old School worlds.
- Worlds 318, 325 and 337 have been returned to where they were originally hosted.
- The one tick delay present when you used bank booths rather than bankers in Port Phasmatys has been removed – on top of this, a bank booth in Port Phasmatys was not giving a message for players not using an amulet of ghostspeak; this has been fixed.
- A problem where attack options were being hidden has been resolved.
- A typo in the Varrock diary interface for the spelling of 'Paddewwa' has been fixed.
- Information given in the tutorial about Deadman mode has been updated to reflect the changes made to death and XP loss.
- The message received when failing a stepping stone shortcut is now correctly filtered.
- When removed from the Wilderness resource area by Mandrith, the game message no longer states that you must pay again to regain entry if you have the elite Wilderness diary complete.
- It is no longer possible to enter the closet in Draynor Manor when skulled on a Deadman world.
- When purchasing battlestaves as part of the Varrock diary reward from Zaff's barrel, you will no longer be told your inventory is full when it already contains a stack of noted battlestaves.
Discuss this update on our forums.
Mods Alfred, Archie, Ash, Ghost, Ian, Jed, John C, Kieren, Mat K, Maz, Ronan, Weath
The Old School Team