Song of the Elves - Day One Report
Monday 29th July update:
We'd like to thank you for continuing to engage in the Song of the Elves content and for continuing to provide feedback over the weekend.
Tomorrow morning we hope to poll two questions. The first of which will offer a change to Elena's chathead. We'll be offering the original, the current, and a 'compromise' version which is based from a community suggestion. The second question concerns the Agility XP rates from the Prifddinas course. The Elena question will be different from the usual 75% pass question. Since we're offering one of a number of different options it'll be treated as an opinion poll. This means that the most popular choice in the poll will be the one we implement. The Agility question will be a normal poll question requiring a 75% pass.
The poll will be open only until Wednesday 31st July. This short timeframe will allow us to implement any change to Elena's chathead in time for this week's update.
When we posted this article and offered potential changes on Friday 26th July we also planned to ask a question concerning the rate at which you could obtain crystal shards from Zalcano. Ultimately we've decided to remove this question for the time being. We feel that we need to obtain more data before we can present an informed question to ask you.
There are also more changes we'd like to make. In a future poll, which we hope to offer as soon as next week, we'd like to ask four questions. The first question will ask whether you'd like a change to the elven chathead style. The second question will ask whether you'd like the skin colour of the Iorwerth elves to stay purple, or whether they should take a trip to the Makeover mage and match the skin colour of other elves. The third question will ask whether you'd like an alternative model for Lord Iorwerth. The fourth question will ask whether you'd like an alternative model for the Dragonstone armour set.
The reason we can't offer this poll right now is because the alternative models mentioned don't exist. We'd like to show you what you're voting for before we launch any poll.
Elena Chathead and Prifddinas Agility Poll
Tomorrow we hope to launch an opinion poll in which you'll be asked to decide which version of Elena's chathead you prefer. Below are the options that were given. If you are reading this currently to vote on the poll these are the options as they appear in the poll question:
Option A - the current chathead
Option B - the old chathead
Option C - the proposed chathead
We're also aware of a number of other chatheads belonging to certain elves that received similar feedback. We've gathered your suggestions and another opinion poll can be expected in the near future. Further questions have not been added to the current poll as more time is needed to prepare alternate graphics for players to vote on.
Yesterday saw the second major release for Old School this year: Song of the Elves! We'd like to thank everybody for their feedback, which we will continue to act upon as it comes in. Remember: if you encounter any bugs, report them in game by right-clicking or long-pressing the Report button.
Since we released the quest:
- It has been completed 15,044 times.
- The Gauntlet has been completed 32,864 times.
- Players have died in the Gauntlet 57,139 times.
- The Corrupted Gauntlet has been completed 935 times.
- Players have died in the Corrupted Gauntlet 12,566 times.
- Players have defeated Zalcano 18,577 times.
- Zalcano has defeated 17,866 players.
- Players have run a total of 35,369 laps on the Agility course.
The above stats are accurate as of 14:00 BST 26/07/2019.
Below is the list of hotfixes that have already been deployed as a result of initial feedback and bug reports. Many of these happened yesterday shortly after launch and others took place today:
- Puzzle items are now removed from players who have finished the light puzzle.
- Reverting a crystal item now deletes the one selected rather than the first one in your inventory.
- XP given at the Agility shortcuts in the dungeon has been reduced.
- At some points during the quest, the player is unable to talk to Eluned and Ilfeen about recharging crystal items. The elven scouts found in the forest will now do this on their behalf.
- The login message given when players have changes made to their crystal items has been given a different colour to draw more attention.
- The Prifddinas respawn point has been moved into a safe zone on PvP worlds.
- A point in MEP2 where the only way to get to the Death Altar was via the Abyss was changed so that players in this state can now use the light doors again.
- One of the pillars in the Warped Library didn’t give out light when a fractured crystal was put in it. This has been fixed.
- Players who had clicked out of dialogue with Eluned during Mourning’s End Part I were unable to continue the quest. This is now fixed.
- The tunnel between the Temple of Light and the Underground Pass can't be used at some points of the quest. This is a bit inconvenient, so we’ve changed it so it can still be used.
- The Hosidius Spirit Tree was taking players to the Farming Guild when teleported to. This has been fixed.
- A trapdoor was accidently mapped down in the Grand Library. It has been removed.
- Players previously had to unlock the Ardougne teleport to start Song of the Elves. This requirement has been removed.
- Using any item on a door in the Waterfall Dungeon would tell the player they used a key to unlock it. This message is now only given when they use the actual key.
- The previous way to reclaim the Iban’s Staff was removed. We’ve now added a new way to reclaim it by talking to Koftik.
- Prior to the update, players could run behind the city of Prifddinas. This area now requires quest completion to access.
In addition to the above bug fixes, there are more changes we'd like to make in the coming weeks. The changes below are based on feedback you've given and how we're seeing you interact with the content.
- We'd like to add a world map for the Warped Library to allow players to better navigate it.
- We'd like to expand the Gauntlet stats interface so that it shows both Personal and Global numbers of deaths for both the standard and corrupted versions.
- We'd like to let you fight the Fragment of Seren after completing the quest, similar to how you can choose to re-fight Galvek following Dragon Slayer II. This would be a safe fight, accessed via the Tower of Voices which would record the best Personal and Global kill times.
- We'd like to make it possible for you to rewatch the cutscenes from the quest since you've been telling us how much you've enjoyed the quest playthrough.
- We're going to further optimise the Warped Library to address the framerate issues that some players are reporting.
- We're going to allow new crystal weapons (from Islwyn or the singing bowl) to act as stackable when in the bank. Weapons used in combat, or with charges added, would separate from the stack of unused weapons. This would allow players to store multiple crystal weapons without taking up so much bank space.
We're continuing to monitor feedback on the Gauntlet and Zalcano loot tables and will adjust them accordingly if needed.
We also have two proposed changes we'd like to poll alongside the Elena chathead opinion poll. They are as follows:
|Poll Question #2
|Currently the Agility course in Prifddinas provides 56k XP per hour at level 90 Agility without using the shortcuts and 62k with the shortcuts. Should this be increased to 60k without the shortcuts and 66k with the shortcuts?
Mods Acorn, Archie, Ash, Bruno, Curse, Ed, Gambit, Gee, Ghost, Husky, John C, Kieren, Lenny, Lottie, Maz, Nasty, Roq, Ry, Sween, Tide, Weath, West & Wolf
The Old School Team