Yesterday brought with it the full release of Soul Wars, and we'd like to thank the thousands of you who came together to revisit the classic minigame experience.
We've been sifting through your feedback and would like to suggest a number of content changes. Some of these are ready to go, while others need to wait until next week's reboot. Some are also just ideas at this moment. As always, we'd love to hear your thoughts and feedback.
Changes to Hotfix today:
- Some of you felt that the activity bar depletes too quickly - it currently takes two minutes. We'll slow this to 150 seconds.
- Ultimate Ironmen found themselves unable to play because of inventory management. To help them, we'll now allow them to use looting bags in Soul Wars.
- We're going to change the Spoils of War loot table slightly, reducing quantities of runite ore and seeds and making dragon items, rune items, seeds and runite ore rarer.
- We noticed that some of you were taking in items like the Ring of Stone. Its transmogrification ability can be quite annoying to other players, so we're going to be preventing you from using it (and other similar items) in the minigame.
- A lot of you were leaving the waiting area unintentionally. To help, you we'll be adding a confirmation check when you request to leave.
Changes we'll be making next week:
- Those with a bearded player character may have noticed that their majestic facial hair sadly vanishes during the Soul Wars tutorial! We'll fix that.
- We're going to add examine options to items in the Other tab in the Rewards Shop.
- A counter to let you track how many Spoils of War you've opened will be added.
- We'll be adding a short three second period of immunity for players leaving the graveyard to bolster chances of escape. No damage can be dealt to a player during this immunity period.
- Some of you noticed that attacking the Avatar from distance resulted in your character standing still and a message appearing telling you to move closer. We'll try to automatically move you closer to attack the Avatar.
- Currently, the activity bar begins to deplete as soon as the game begins. We're going to change that so that it takes 10 seconds before it depletes.
Changes we'd like your feedback on:
- We've noticed that some games are becoming quite unbalanced, so we'd like to propose a rework to the grouping mechanics. As it stands, you can choose which team you'd like to join. We're proposing that all players joining a single waiting area before being randomly assigned to a team once the game starts. We understand that it might impact you playing with your friends, so it could be possible we'd change the grouping mechanics on certain worlds for those who would like to use them.
- The delay between using multiple bandages can make them quite tricky to use as a healing item. We'd like to give you the opportunity to stay alive a bit longer by removing this delay.
- Rewards. We'd love to hear your ideas for new rewards from the minigame! Let us know what you'd like to see.
Discuss this proposal on our official forums, the community-led 2007Scape Reddit, or the community-led OSRS Discord in the #gameupdate channel. For reference on the above content, check out the official Wiki.
Mods Acorn, Arcane, Archie, Argo, Ash, Ayiza, Banjo, Boko, Bonsai, Brow, Bruno, Curse, Daizong, Deagle, Ditto, Ed, Elena, Errol, Fed, Flippy, Gayns, Gecko, Gee, Halo, Husky, Impact, Jndr, John C, Kandosii, Katies, Kieren, Kirby, Lenny, Lottie, Mack, Maylea, MikeD, Morty, Nasty, Nin, Oasis, Roq, Ry, Sarnie, Squid, Steve W, Sween, Tide, Vegard, West, Wolfy & Zuko
The Old School Team