This week sees the release of some Wilderness updates and information regarding the DMM Summer Finals.
Following the PvP Poll, we've implemented some Wilderness updates:
Wilderness Slayer Keys
Slayer tasks from Krystilia will now have a chance at dropping Larran's Key. These keys can be taken to either one of Larran's chests, which can be found in the Wilderness. These chests contain drop tables with the same items as the Brimstone chest but do not include the unique items.
- The lower tier chest can be found in level 18 Wilderness, just north east of the Chaos Temple. This chest has drops slightly worse off in numbers than the Brimstone chest due to the location and ease of access.
- The higher tier chest can be found on the middle floor of the pirate's ship to the west of the Pirates hideout in level 55 Wilderness. These chests contain drops that are greater in number to the Brimstone chest due to the more dangerous location and lack of access
Like Brimstone keys, the chance of getting a key depends on the level of the monster that's dropping it, with the higher-level monsters being more likely to drop one. These stackable keys are untradeable, but can nevertheless be dropped to a PKer on death provided they're not among the protected items. If the PKer is an Ironman, they cannot receive someone else's key in this way, so the key is destroyed completely.
Wine of Zamorak Spawn in Deep Wilderness
Players may now find a faster respawning Wine of Zamorak from the Deep Wilderness dungeon south of the Pirate's Hangout. If a player has completed the Wilderness Hard Diary, the Wine of Zamorak will be received in noted form.
K/D Ratio for PvP Worlds
K/D Ratios are now shown on HUD in PvP worlds provided they are toggled on in Edgeville via the notice board.
DMM Summer Finals
The Summer Finals see the top players from the Summer Season invited to compete for $32,000 in prize money. Invites to those players have now gone out so please check your RuneScape message centre.
Mark Your Calendars
- The Summer Finals begin at 3pm BST on Saturday 22nd June and will conclude with the Permadeath stage which begins at 8pm BST on Saturday 29th June.
- The Summer Finals will be held live at Jagex HQ on Saturday 29th June. This will not be a ticketed event and will not be open to the public.
- As with the previous Spring Finals, the 1v1 section of the Finals will include the last 256 surviving players of the Permadeath stage, rather than 128.
Where to Watch The Finals
The Deadman Summer Finals brings with it hours of content to watch and enjoy. Get to the Twitch directory and you'll find lots of dedicated Old School streamers broadcasting the slaughter of their enemies. Watch the action of the Summer Finals Permadeath stage from the official OldSchoolRS Twitch channel.
It's that time of the year again! If you want to experience everything Old School RuneScape has to offer then membership is essential - and there's currently no better deal than the Summer Special.
You can activate your Summer Special through the bonds menu in game or via the billing website. We regret that we'll be unable to offer this deal on some platforms due to the rules of the various app stores that offer the mobile version of the game.
In Other News
- Compost potions now require level 22 Herblore to make, matching the level required to clean Harralander.
- Players who've turned off the Attack options on NPCs will no longer see the Pick option on a Zygomite's mushroom.
- All unsheared rams now drop the Rag & Bone Man quest bone, not just the ram with a black face.
- The Tournament Practice worlds now offer black salamanders and their ammo.
- Players can no longer spawn large quantities of monkeys unexpectedly.
- Quest journals of some quests will now more accurately cross out requirements that you have met.
Stay tuned in the coming weeks for the Additional Clan Wars Options update. Here is a sneak preview of the new interface:
Discuss this update on our official forums, the community-led 2007Scape Reddit, or the community-led OSRS Discord in the #gameupdate channel. For reference on the above content, check out the official Wiki.
Mods Acorn, Archie, Ash, Bruno, Curse, Ed, Gambit, Gee, Ghost, Husky, John C, Kieren, Lenny, Lottie, Maz, Nasty, Roq, Ry, Sween, Tide, Weath, West & Wolf
The Old School Team