|Released||5 December 2006 (Update)|
|Location||Wherever an emote clue is completed|
|Examine||Uri Molotov - shaken, not stirred.|
Uri Molotov is the man who delivers the next part of a Treasure Trail when the player has completed an emote clue. To summon him the player needs to perform a specified emote in the proper location while wearing (or sometimes not wearing) a specified attire. The player must talk to him while still wearing the required attire upon which he will reward them with another clue scroll or casket and utter a seemingly nonsensical phrase. This phrase has no bearing on the treasure trail.
On hard and master trails, a double agent who looks identical to Uri will appear first and must be killed before Uri will appear. The emote equipment is not required when fighting the agent but will be required to speak to Uri once he appears. It will be required to summon him again, however.
Dialogue[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
General[edit | edit source]
- His demeanor parodies the archetypal KGB agents, as Molotov is a Russian name and most Soviets referred to each other as "comrade".
- Uri appears to be wearing a Ham shirt, a robe, logo and cloak, as well as holding a briefcase. However, whether Uri is involved in the Humans Against Monsters organisation or not is unknown.
- His examine text is a reference to James Bond and Molotov cocktail.
Phrases[edit | edit source]
- "I am the egg man, are you one of the egg men?" is a reference to The Beatles song I am the Walrus.
- "It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose" is a quote by Captain Picard in Star Trek: The Next Generation.
- "My magic carpet is full of eels" is a reference to a Monty Python sketch about a poorly translated English-Hungarian phrasebook.
- "Once, I was a poor man, but then I found a party hat" is a reference to the extremely high price of party hats in RuneScape.
- "Up in the north, I hear they keep milk in bags rather than buckets" is a reference to Canadian grocers supplying milk in bags.
- "Want to see me bend a spoon?" is a reference to Israeli illusionist Uri Geller.
Historical[edit | edit source]
- "The Ankou's are a lie" is a Portal reference, the original being "the cake is a lie".
- "(Breathing intensifies)" is a reference to a meme.
- "Brother, do you even lift?" is a reference to a meme.
- "Connection lost. Please wait - attempting to reestablish" is a reference to RuneScape itself, when a player loses connection temporarily as Uri's chathead freezes completely upon saying this line.
- "Do you want ants? Because that's how you get ants" is a reference to a notable quote from the television series Archer.
- "Fancy a holiday? I heard there was a whole other world to the west." refers to the western continent known as Zeah before it was released in 2016.
- "I don't like pineapple, it has that bone in it" is a reference to the 1936 song "I like bananas, because they have no bones" by George Elrick.
- "I once named a duck after a girl. Big mistake, they all hated it" is an allusion to the controversy surrounding the addition of Erin, a duck in Falador Park which was named after a RuneScape streamer, and the subsequent negative response received by Mod Reach for implementing the update, which was widely seen as a case of favouritism.
- "I'm going to get married, to the night" is a reference to the song Marry the Night by Lady Gaga.
- "I'm looking for a girl named Molly. I can't seem to find her. Any assistance?" is either a reference to the music video Molly by Tyga, or a reference to the Molly random event.
- The "Init doe. Lyk, I hope yer reward iz goodd aye?" line employs (northern) English slang and eye dialect. Jagex itself is based in England.
- "Is that Deziree?" is a reference to a Family Guy episode.
- "It is quite easy being green" is a reference to the similar Kermit the Frog quote "It's not easy being green".
- "Some say..." is a reference to Jeremy Clarkson's introduction of The Stig from BBC's Top Gear.
- "This is the last night you'll spend alone" is a line from The Last Night sung by the band Skillet.
- "Tonight we dine................quite nicely actually" is a reference to the popular 300 quote "Tonight we dine in hell".
Changes[edit | edit source]
|10 March 2016
The easy emote clue in Falador's jewellery shop will now spawn Uri correctly. Previously Uri would spawn underneath the player each time.
|15 October 2015
It is no longer possible to spawn multiple Uri’s.
|24 September 2015
Typo fixed in one piece of Uri’s dialogue.
|5 June 2014
Fixed an issue causing multiple Uri's to spawn.