Bear Hide armor
Armor Bonuses For Bear Hide Armor and Snake Skin Armor[edit | edit source]
|Item||Attack Bonuses||Defence Bonuses||Other|
- Bear hide cowl weighs 2.5 kg over snakeskin bandana 0.907 kg
- bear hide weighs 9 kg over snakeskin body 6.803(Snakeskin is lightened to 3-5 kg since irl snake skin is fairly thin)
- Bear hideboots weighs 2.5 pounds over snakeskin 0.34
- Bear hide chaps weighs 6 kg over snake skin 3.628
- Bear hide vambraces weighs 3 kg over 0.283 kg
- Bear hide shield weighs 10 kg over snake skin shield 7 kg(uses the same wood as snake skin to make)
- Bear hide counts as warm clothing for Wintertodt but is among the heaviest options for use in the game. Based off the bear fur examine. "This would make warm clothing".
- Bear hide has much higher magic attack penalty and weight then snakeskin but otherwise has the same stats as snakeskin armor.
- Bear hide requires bear fur to make, it has the same crafting level requirements for making each piece of armor as snake skin, can be taken to tanners and tanned for 100 coins over snakeskin's 15, this is due to it being fairly different from other types of leather and to still make snakeskin the better choice coin wise.
- Bear hide requires less pieces to make then snakeskin(the same as regular leather) but has much higher weight.
- Bear fur can be gathered from bears or bought from Baraek in varrock square for 20 coins each, from the East Ardougne fur trader for 12 coins or from the Rellekka fur trader for 12 coins
- If wearing any part of bear hide armor, bears of any type attack on sight regardless of level and have 25% more strength against the player wearing the armor
- When wearing snakeskin if player would be poisoned, there's a 0.2% chance per piece of armor including shield that the armor protects them from being poisoned, A message appears in chat box if the armor protects you. Reasoning being that the skin comes from creatures that can be poisonous so their body/skin protects the player from their own snake poison.
- Additionally if wearing snakeskin armor and near snakes that give snakeskin hide, there's a 1% chance per part worn if they would be aggressive to the player that they ignore the player for 1 minute.
- F2p can use bear hide armor but not snakeskin, the bear hide has the same 30 ranged and 30 defense requirements to wear.
- Snake skin changes added so it remains better choice over bear hide armor even if it requires more hides to make armor.
- The bear hide armor gives bear fur a new use besides just a few quests, gives f2p armor for levels 30 ranged/defense and an option for players who haven't done dragon slayer or for hcim/uim/im or pures who can't get green dragon hide chaps or vambraces since there's no way to craft them in f2p or get the hides and they can't trade for them.
- To help with getting bear fur, new bear spawns could be added in osrs across the world, maybe have them added where bots frequent to disturb them and distract them,
- In real life bear pelt was used by different people as armor or clothing so there's no reason why it can't be used in osrs since ranged armor is made from other hides of creatures.