Simon Templeton is an unscrupulous archaeologist and treasure hunter infamous for his tomb raiding. He is located near the stairs up to the Agility Pyramid, situated between Nardah and Sophanem. A quick way to reach him is to teleport to Jaleustrophos using the pharaoh's sceptre. He used to have an assistant, Tarik, who is now trapped in Sophanem.
Engaging in shady transactions with a mysterious client, Simon Templeton is wanted by the Sophanites, who regard him as an outright criminal. He is known to have attempted robbery of valuable artefacts from Jalsavrah as well as assaulting its guardian mummy and the Temple of the Lesser Gods, in particular the shrine of Het. Possessing a keen eye for treasure, he went after the riches held by Jaleustrophos but apparently hurt his back while trying to descend to the pyramid, leaving him stranded where he currently is.
Always interested in valuable items, Simon will buy the gold pyramid retrieved from the top of the Agility Pyramid for 1000 coins, as well as any items obtained during the Pyramid Plunder minigame in Sophanem.
He used to sell historic documents to Osman regardless of their quality, but after he grew suspicious Osman ended their arrangement. This has caused the two men to have mutual distrust of one another.
Simon used to be employed by the Varrock Museum, but left. He is quite contemptuous of the museum now, thinking their monetary mismanagement is rather awful. They sent out several archaeologists without complete training or adequate resources then cut the funding. Simon believes the money went on extravagant projects like display cases or exploring an island.
References[edit | edit source]
- Tarik, Old School RuneScape. "Simon Templeton, though I haven't seen him since the town gates were closed off. [...] He's an archaeologist, I worked as an assistant for him. Though I work for myself now."
- Sophanem guard, "Icthlarin's Little Helper", Old School RuneScape. "Well, I wasn't here when the outbreak took place. We were out of town trying to catch an antiques thief called Simon Templeton."
- Guardian Mummy, "Icthlarin's Little Helper", Old School RuneScape. "His effrontery knows no ends. Did he inform you that the last time he was here he tried to make off with some of my bandages? He claimed they were useful in some sort of cure for his injuries. [...] He'd sell his own mummy for a profit. Tell him that if he ever comes back here, he'll be wearing my bandages alright... around his neck... tightly!"
- Jex, Old School RuneScape. "In addition, that Templeton rogue made off with some of the damaged stonework. We should hunt him down like the jackal he is."
- Simon Templeton, Old School RuneScape. "Well, it's not that Osman - I can tell ya that much. Don't be having dealings with him; he's a slippery customer. He was always after documents – new, old, fake, authentic. Claimed it didn't matter to him. Was obvious that royal history was what got him all excited, though. Now, what's a man like him wanting with that sort of information? He's not some fancy librarian, just some sort of lackey. He musta guessed I was onto something, so he cut me out cold."
- Osman, "Contact!", Old School RuneScape. "Well, that particular grave robber is stuck out in the desert with no real hope of escape because of his greed."
- Simon Templeton, Old School RuneScape. "I was working for Varrock Museum, but the gold they gave me wasn't even enough to pay for the carpet rides, let alone any decent equipment."
- Simon Templeton, Old School RuneScape. "Them blokes in Varrock just put out the call for researchers, half trained 'em then ran out of cash. Left a load of folks about as angry as a barrel o' crocs. Young, angry and poor makes a fella dodgy. [...] They made all them fancy doodahs in the museum, for one. Bet they didn't come cheap. Then there's some island expedition they were planning – reckon that sucked up a load of cash, too."