Osman is the Spy Master of Al Kharid. He is a member of the Secret Council of RuneScape, representing Al Kharid. He can be found inside of the palace in Al Kharid.
He used to be good friends with a Sorceress in southern Al Kharid though their relationship has soured to the point where she refuses to give him the sq'irks she grows, which he has a particular fondness for. He rewards players who get him sq'irkjuice from the Sorceress's Garden with Thieving experience.
He has little love for the Menaphites, comparing their nature to that of the hostile Scabarites beneath Sophanem in a letter to his agent Kaleef. He considers any opportunity to agitate Menaphos to be a good one. His actions mean that Menaphos have good reason to get hold of him.
History[edit | edit source]
He began gathering historical records of any quality, especially those involving, regardless of their worth or state, in a bid to prove his heritage. He used Simon Templeton as a salesman, but discontinued the arrangement when Simon grew suspicious. This caused the two men to have a mutual distrust of one another.
In Year 169, Prince Ali, son of the Emir and heir to Al Kharid, went missing. Osman was ordered to find him. He hired an outside adventurer, requesting they meet his daughter Leela in Draynor Village, where she was following a lead. The adventurer located the prince's captors and, after flattering the bandit leader Lady Keli and obtaining a key print, they returned to Osman who crafted a bronze key out of a bronze bar. The prince was able to escape with the aid of the adventurer.
Osman later went to Sophanem after being convinced by the adventurer and Maisa, one of his agents. He snuck into the city then the underground tunnels which collapsed while he was in them. He came to the adventurer's aid, helping them with the scarab that had attacked and possibly taking the dagger used to weaken it.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Osman was supposed to be involved in Recipe for Disaster as another person for the player to save, but delays in implementing the quest prevented this. Instead, he is abducted by Evil Bob as part of a Random event.
References[edit | edit source]
- Osman, Old School RuneScape. "There is a sorceress near the south-eastern edge of Al Kharid who grows them. Once upon a time, we considered each other friends."
- Osman, "Parchment (Contact!)", Old School RuneScape. "They're about as welcoming as the Menaphites only slightly better looking."
- Osman, "Contact!", Old School RuneScape. "I've had my people instigate a bit of civil unrest. Officially our cities may be at peace, but I have some old scores to settle first."
- Player, "Contact!", Old School RuneScape. "I have it, if Al Kharid were to help Sophanem with its troublesome neighbour Menaphos, it could drive a wedge between the two cities."
- Osman, Old School RuneScape. "As spymaster of Al Kharid, I've been responsible for many a dark deed. The Menaphites would find it difficult not to try to punish me or extract certain delicate information out of me if I managed to fall into their arms."
- Simon Templeton, Old School RuneScape. "Well, it's not that Osman - I can tell ya that much. Don't be having dealings with him; he's a slippery customer."
- Osman, "Contact!", Old School RuneScape. "Well, that particular grave robber is stuck out in the desert with no real hope of escape because of his greed."
- MrNyarlathotep. [Reminiscing On] Runescape, 2003-2007. NeoGAF. 20 June 2015. (Archived from the original on 2017-08-11.)*