User:Cook Me Plox/mapgen
- Download the latest entry from https://archive.runestats.com/osrs/ and un-tar it to DIRNAME/cache.
- Download TileShapes from https://gitlab.com/weirdgloop/map-tile-generator/-/tree/master/TileShapes and store them in DIRNAME/TileShapes.
- git clone https://github.com/leejt/mapgen.git
- Change all references of
/Users/jonathanlee/mapgen/to DIRNAME, in XteaClient.java, SpriteDumper.java, TileShapes.java, MapExport.java. (This could be cleaned up...)
- Change the version number
"2020-08-12_a"to a more appropriate value. Usually we do the date followed by _a, or _b if we need a new cache bust, then _c, et cetera.
- Run MapExport.java. This should take a couple minutes.
- Confirm by opening a standard square (like 0_50_50.png, Lumbridge Castle) that everything looks normal.
- Download stitch.py, and install PIL for Python if you haven't aleady.
- Run stitch.py. This takes about 5 minutes and may have about a 2GB memory requirement.
- Sync the files to maps.runescape.wiki. In order to this you need an account on the maps server (ping me on Discord to get access). The command looks something like
rsync -zarvh 2020-08-12_a/ [email protected]:DONOTREMOVE/2020-08-12_a, with the version string set appropriately.
- Confirm that you can access basemaps.json (example link) and an example square (e.g.) can be accessed in a web browser.
- Ping Jayden or Kitty to update the baseTileURL and baseMapsFile for osrs on https://gitlab.com/weirdgloop/mw-config/-/blob/master/LocalSettings.php to the correct url.
If someone is interested in automating this as part of a weekly cadence, please do! It's probably not very difficult.