|Location on World Map|
|Shantay Pass||←||Sorceress's Garden|
The Sorceress' Garden is a Thieving/Farming minigame located in Al-Kharid. In it, players attempt to sneak past guards in order to steal sq'irk fruit to make sq'irk juice, or herbs from the garden of the sorceress.
Introduction[edit | edit source]
If you talk to Osman after completing the Prince Ali Rescue quest, you will find out that he wants to get sq'irk juice, but the sorceress with whom he normally deals now refuses to give it to him. To this end, he will enlist you to steal sq'irk fruit from her garden. You can get to the garden from the apprentice who works in the house near the Shantay Pass.
Remember: Do not speak to the Sorceress' apprentice before you speak to Osman, as you will be taken through a lengthy conversation that leads to two dead ends, and will therefore be a complete waste of time.
The gardens[edit | edit source]
The garden is divided into five areas. You appear in the central garden with a fountain and Del-Monty the cat. Drinking from the fountain will teleport you back to the Sorceress' house. Del-Monty will tell you about the garden and the minigame, if you speak to him while wearing a catspeak amulet or have completed Dragon Slayer II to the stage of being enchanted (after which the player can speak to cats without the amulet).
Around the central garden are the four seasonal gardens, each of which has a Sq'irk tree:
- The Winter garden has a tree with the most under-ripe fruits (five required for one glass of Sq'irk juice).
- The Spring garden has a tree with the slightly under-ripe fruits (four for one glass).
- The Autumn garden has a tree with overripe fruits (three for one glass).
- The Summer garden has a tree with perfectly ripe fruits (two for one glass).
You can only enter a seasonal garden if your current Thieving level matches or exceeds the garden's required level. Fruits gained from a garden can be crushed into a beer glass using a pestle and mortar to make Sq'irk juice. Several fruits and an empty beer glass are required to make Sq'irk juice. Beer glasses needed for this minigame can be obtained for free by searching the shelves in the Sorceress' house.
|Season||Sq'irk Fruit||Sq'irk Juice||Thieving level||Required number of Sq'irks||Thieving boost||Run Energy Recovery||Thieving Experience from Osman||Thieving Experience per fruit|
You can only pick one fruit per trip, or if you pick herbs instead, you will always get two clean herbs at once before you are teleported out of the garden. These two clean herbs will vary and are completely random, but will always yield 50 Farming experience, or 25 per herb, regardless of which garden is chosen. From the central garden, you can enter the seasonal gardens again for more resources. Grinding sq'irk juice is always 5 Cooking experience, regardless of the season.
To leave the garden, simply drink from the fountain located in the central garden. Alternatively, use an amulet of glory or ring of dueling to teleport to Al Kharid, which gets you close to Osman to hand him the Sq'irk Juice.
Garden walkthrough[edit | edit source]
Getting through a garden is much easier with run mode on. Low weight and good Agility helps significantly to extend the period of time for running. Use Stamina or super energy potions and weight reducing gear if possible. Main articles linked below include strategies and recommended inventory setup.
Winter[edit | edit source]
Spring[edit | edit source]
Autumn[edit | edit source]
Summer[edit | edit source]
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Beer glasses can be made using the Crafting skill or can be obtained by searching the shelves in the house that the apprentice and Aadeela the Sorceress are in.
- Searching the shelves in the sorceress' house also is an easy and cheap way to get some empty beer glasses. This is the most reasonable choice due to the fact it is just inside the apprentices' house.
- You should have your inventory full of beer glasses, with space left for enough fruit to fill one glass. In this picture, the player's inventory is suited for making autumn juices. Once three fruit fill up the empty space, they can simply use one of them on the pestle and fill a glass. They will repeat this sequence until they have all the glasses filled (in this player's case, 24 glasses).
- It is possible to get into gardens using Thieving bonuses, such as those from the juices themselves.
- The elementals can only "see" and teleport the player when there are only two squares between them and the player.
References[edit | edit source]