The abbreviation "G.E.N.T." represents most Grand Exchange Non-Tradeables within the game. Like burnt items, these items cannot be traded with the service, but may still be obtained via direct player-to-player trading methods. The premise for this quality of G.E.N.T's to be shared is such that collectors may identify items which are otherwise difficult to obtain. Because large quantities of any particular item identified as a G.E.N.T. cannot readily be bought with money, many consider the feat to represent a great deal of effort, although perhaps with a healthy concern for their fellow player. For example, these items often require quests or other bothersome requirements to begin the accumulation process, and may only be extracted in measures of a single inventory of ~28 items at a time.
To make a distinction between G.E.N.T's and burnt items, however, the following definitions apply:
- In a broad sense, burnt items are any botched items resulting from skills such as Cooking, but also include failures in Crafting (crushed gems, etc.), Herblore (ruined herb tea) and the item "rotten food".
- Typically, the rates for producing burnt items drop off with higher levels in that skill.
- Burnt items do not require a "burnt" prefix, but must be ruined forms of food/items.
- G.E.N.T's are all forms of non-GE tradeables which are not within burnt item classifications.
- Each G.E.N.T. must be a final form of an object (not a stage of completion in a food recipe, such as uncooked cake).
- G.E.N.T's which are also not considered to be wholly legitimate include: partially charged jewelry (games necklace, etc.) or equipment (black mask), half-eaten food items (slice of cake), coins/platinum tokens, and Castle Wars bandages.
- All variations of G.E.N.Ts which occupy unique bank slots are each considered valid, with the above exclusions in mind.
Both Burnt Items and G.E.N.T's
- Both a burnt item and a G.E.N.T. must be tradeable via direct player-to-player, but not tradeable on GE.
- These items must also be bankable, although an ultimate iron man could conceivably own the items as an uncommon exception.
For those interested in obtaining any dedicated G.E.N.T. item or simply advancing a collection, below is an updated outline of many which have been discovered. Also included are a few quest requirements and briefly-related methods to obtain the items.