|Released||4 January 2001 (Update)|
|Examine||I need to cook this first.|
|High alch||0 coins|
|Low alch||0 coins|
|Exchange||96 coins (info)|
A raw chicken is an uncooked food item that can be cooked on a fire or a range at level 1 Cooking. Doing so results in either a burnt chicken or a cooked chicken. 100% success rate (while cooking on fires as well as most ranges) is achieved at level 34; see the page about burn levels.
Raw chicken can be acquired through various methods. It is obtainable from the remains of a chicken, a rooster or the Evil Chicken. It can be dropped by or looted from various other monsters and NPC's as listed below. Furthermore, it can be purchased directly from another player, via the Grand Exchange, or from one of the shops as listed below. Lastly, it can be taken from one of the crates at the back of Wydin's Food Store in Port Sarim. (Note: Wearing a white apron is required to access the room in which the crate can be found. Although the crate contains an unlimited supply, raw chicken is obtained one by one via a selection menu.)
/It is noteworthy/Note/ that raw chicken is popular amongst new players, since it can be obtained easily - as chickens are found abundantly in several locations surrounding Lumbridge and are easy to kill - and any player can attempt to cook it.
Quality / Entity: X item, uncooked food X
- XObtain from the remains of a chicken, a rooster or the Evil Chicken.X
- XAs a possible drop from various other NPC's listed belowX, including imps, the citizens of Canifis (in both their human form and werewolf form), and H.A.M. Guards.
- As possible XlootX from pickpocketing a H.A.M. Member or a H.A.M. storeroom Guard.
- Buy Xdirectly from another player, via the Grand Exchange, or from one of the shops listed below.X
- XTake from one of the crates at the back of Wydin's Food Store in Port Sarim. (Unlimited supply, yet obtained one by one via a selection menu. Wearing a White apron is required to access the room in which the crate can be found.)X
- XCan be cooked on a fire or a range at level 1 Cooking.X Result: Xburnt chicken or cooked chickenX (grants 30 xp). (X100% Success rate while cooking on fires as well as most ranges is achieved at level 34. See the page about burn levels.X)
- In several quests: X
- To enter the XEvil Chicken's LairX. X[Does this consume the raw chicken? I.e.: need one for every entry ("one per entry"/"sacrifice one each time you wish to enter")? The page about the Lair does not mention this possibility (nor the lack thereof).]X
- Popular amongst new players, since it can be easily obtained - as chickens are found abundantly in several locations surrounding Lumbridge and are easy to kill - and any player can attempt to cook it.X
Use in Quests[edit | edit source]
- Druidic Ritual: dip one raw chicken into the Cauldron of Thunder to make an enchanted chicken.
- Eadgar's Ruse: five are needed to make a fake man.
- Recipe for Disaster, Freeing Sir Amik Varze subquest: one is required to access the Evil Chicken's Lair.* (Note: This method of entering /applies/persists/ even after the quest.)
[*Does this consume the raw chicken? I.e.: need one for every entry? The page about the Lair does not mention this possibility (nor the lack thereof)... If yes: //"one per entry"/"sacrifice one each time you wish to enter"//]
Products[edit | edit source]
Item sources[edit | edit source]
Monsters and lootable NPC's[edit | edit source]
|Evil Chicken||159; 286||1||Always|
|Guard (H.A.M. storeroom)||20||1||6/500|
|H.A.M. Guard||12; 18; 22||1–3||2/110|
|H.A.M. Member||15; 20||1||2/100|
Shops (and their locations)[edit | edit source]
|Ali's Discount Wares. (general)||Al Kharid||15||1m||1||0|
|Food Store||Port Sarim||1||1m||1||0|
|Darkmeyer Meat Shop||Darkmeyer||15||1m||1||0|
|Rufus' Meat Emporium||Canifis||10||1m||1||0|