|Monkey Madness II (#128)|
|Released||6 May 2016 (Update)|
|Quest series||Gnome, Monkey|
|Lead developer(s)||Mod Jed, Ian Gower, Mod Ash,
Mod Maz, Mod Bond, Mod Ian
Details[edit | edit source]
|Start point||Talk to King Narnode Shareen in the Grand Tree. (You must have all the requirements to start the quest).|
|Description||Glough, the war criminal set on eradicating humans and overthrowing Gielinor, has escaped the watch of the Grand Tree gnomes. With a history of leaving large-scale conflicts and warfare in his wake, Glough must be tracked down and stopped. King Narnode Shareen needs your help.|
|Official length||Very long|
|Enemies to defeat|
The player briefly visits Entrana.
Unlocking Kandarin✓ will auto-complete the quest
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
Getting Started[edit | edit source]
Chapter I[edit | edit source]
Items Required: Lemon, grapes, pestle and mortar, Translation book (if you kept it from The Grand Tree Quest), normal logs, no weapons or armour. Recommended: Magic logs.
- Go to Glough's house southeast of the Grand Tree and go upstairs, then climb the eastern tree.
- Investigate the tree and receive a handkerchief.
- Talk to Anita in her house north of the Gnome Ball Field (use northwestern-most staircase to get into house).
- Go to Glough's house again, go up the tree to the 2nd floor[UK]3rd floor[US], then climb again to reach the 3rd floor[UK]4th floor[US]. (to reach the 3rd floor[UK]4th floor[US] you must click the northern branch)
- Investigate the gnome statue and turn it to unlock the cupboard.
- Search the cupboard for book of spyology, the gnome crates for a brush, and fire remains for mysterious note.
- Use pestle and mortar on the lemon
- Use notes on the candles
- Use pestle and mortar on grapes
- Use juice-coated brush on mysterious note.
- Read the scrawled note.
- Talk to King Narnode. Read the translation book he gives you. (You may already have the translation book from a prerequisite quest: The Grand Tree, if this is the case King Narnode will not hand you a second copy.)
- Use translation book on the note, and talk to King Narnode again.
- Talk to Anita again.
- Read the translated note.
- Talk to the King again.
- Talk to Assistant Lori next to the hot air balloon beside Glough's house.
- Fly to Entrana via balloon and talk to Auguste.
- Return to the Gnome stronghold and talk to King Narnode again.
Chapter II[edit | edit source]
Items Required: m'speak amulet, monkey talisman (or 1,000 coins), ninja monkey greegree or ancient gorilla greegree, light source, pickaxe (Tank path), slash weapon. Recommended: Food, antipoison, combat equipment, super combat, stamina, and prayer potions.
- Go to Ape Atoll (CLR, one of the two Ape Atoll Teleports or via the gliders used in the first quest)
- If you don't already have a monkey talisman purchase one from Tutab in the Ape Atoll Magic shop
- Talk to Garkor located outside Awowogei's house.
- Talk to Awowogei
- Talk to Garkor again.
- Go to the West side of the island and go up the hill to the Monkey Archers.
- Talk to a Monkey Archer about Kruk.
- Follow the tracks (foot prints) that start at the foot of the hill until you reach a trapdoor ("Jungle Grass").
- (WARNING: If inventory is full, your greegree will be dropped to the floor upon entering the dungeon.) Go down the trapdoor and go south.
Below is a map of Kruk's Dungeon. Each player will have two different routes that they can take through the dungeon - one through the agility section of the dungeon, and one that goes through a series of rooms filled with aggressive mobs. The player may choose which challenge to face, but the exact routes varies from player to player - in each section/room there are two possible exits and only one will be correct for your player.
- Navigate the maze via the agility path to the east or the tank pathway to the south. Do not bring anything here you're not willing to lose! You will be able to create a shortcut after the maze, allowing for banking. It is very easy to die here if you are not careful and paying attention to which prayers you need to use. Prayer potions and good food are highly recommended for this.
On the agility path:
- If you fail an obstacle and receive a message '...this route feels wrong', you have to take the other path instead.
- You will come across areas throughout the agility path that contain Dodgy Ground, such as at the start of the path. The trick here is to only walk on the tiles that do NOT appear cracked, since otherwise you will fall down. These are fairly easily distinguishable as the "cracked ground" tiles look as if they have slightly darker cracks in the shape of an "X" on each tile, while the safer tiles look smooth and uncracked.
Note: if using a 3rd party client, be sure to disable any settings such as the Low Detail plugin in Runelite, as it can cause graphical issues while doing the agility path.
- Throughout this path, as soon as you inevitably fall down, you will want to immediately pray either against melee or ranged, respectively, depending on how far you are through the path. Otherwise you can very easily and quickly die. Quickly make your way to whichever hanging vine is available to you, and click it in order to return to the surface of the maze.
- As you head east, pray melee when you fall down until checkpoint 3. Pray ranged when you fall down from checkpoint 3 to 5.
- Make your way east until you find a chest with a bronze key.
On the tank path:
- You WILL need a slash 'weapon' in order to cut webs, as well a pickaxe to mine rocks blocking your path.
- Pray ranged until checkpoint 5.
- If you run into a rock or a web which you're unable to break or cut through, and you get a game message in chat containing something like '...Maybe find another route.', you will have to try another route.
- Make your way east until you find a room with chests(shown on the map). Be careful as there are multiple chests which you will have to right-click unlock, however only one will contain the combat damaged key.
- After obtaining the key you will start heading north.
For both paths, it is recommended to be checking back to the map.
After checkpoint 5:
- After both paths converge at checkpoint 5, pray melee when you fall down.
- Go through the bronze door in the area and continue to navigate to find Kruk.
- Before you cross the dodgy ground into Kruk's room, investigate the wall to reveal a shortcut you can use to return.
Chapter III[edit | edit source]
Items required: 20 coins, m'speak amulet, Kruk greegree, weapon and armour. Recommended: chisel, hammer, Ape Atoll teleport, Trollheim teleport, ring of dueling, food.
- Teleport to Trollheim using standard spellbook teleport or stony basalt and enter the Troll Stronghold.
- Go southwest of the entrance into the room with Kob.
- Activate Protect from Melee and talk to Kob. Fight Kob until he gives up.
- Kob can hit through prayer, and deals up to 57 damage if you do not use protect from Melee!
- There is a safespot that can be used by standing in the doorway.
- Talk to Kob again.
- Make your way to Gu'Tanoth. Follow the western path to the end until you see Keef.
- Activate Protect from Melee and talk to Keef. Fight him until he gives up.
- Like Kob, Keef can hit through protection prayers.
- There is a tree that can be used as a safespot.
- Talk to Garkor.
- Find and talk to Assistant Le Smith somewhere on the rooftops of Ape Atoll buildings. His location varies as follows.
- Top floor of the jail (Access through food shop)
- On top of the main gate.
- Top floor of the building west of the rune stall. (Access through the basement of the building to the east, search the crates for the entrance)
- Top floor of the broken building next to the Monkey Child and aunt.
- Talk to Garkor.
- You may now want to bank your heavy armour and weapons and withdraw your graceful outfit and some stamina potions.
- Go to the west side of the island and talk to the monkey guard next to a boat to go to the airship platform.
- Navigate your way through the maze without being caught by the ninja monkeys. You will need to pick up 6 satchels, fill them with explosives, then use them in 6 different locations. Any explosives that have already been placed will remain even if caught.
- Make your way to the east wall of the ground floor. Move past the (cyan) ladder on the north side and climb the (green) ladder in the east.
- Go south then west and climb down the (blue) ladder. Navigate to the end and pick up 6 satchels.
- Go back to the first (cyan) ladder of the ground floor on the north wall and climb it.
- Climb down the next (magenta) ladder you find. Follow the path North to reach the explosives.
- Click the barrel to fill all 6 satchels. If you get caught from this point on, you will need to come back here to fill your satchels again.
- Climb back up the (magenta) ladder and go south. Use a satchel on the weakened floorboards.
- Go back to the ground floor using the (cyan) ladder on the north wall.
- Go south and place a satchel on the support beams to the east.
- Take the (green) ladder on the east side of the ground floor.
- Take the west path, cross the vines, then take the north route at the fork to the end. Place a satchel on the weakened floorboards there.
- Go back to the (green) ladder on the middle floor and climb up to the top floor. Go south and place a satchel on the gas container.
- Go north and place another satchel on the gas cylinder there.
- Make your way to the ground floor and go back towards the boat. Place a satchel on the support beams found in the west fork near the entrance.
- Go back to the boat, you can get caught to make it faster.
- Talk to Garkor.
- Enter the trapdoor to the dungeon you fought Kruk in.
- Go north to find monkey bars. Equip your Kruk greegree and use the monkey bars.
- Enter the passage into Glough's laboratory.
- Climb on the stunted demonic gorilla and go down the stairs.
- Fight the three gorillas until they return to their cages. Use Protect from Melee if necessary.
- Use Holding area to dismount the stunted demonic gorilla.
- Search the crates for a chisel and hammer if needed.
- Go upstairs and tamper with the device to the north.
- Use the chisel on the charged onyx, then use the deconstructed onyx on the device.
- Investigate an incubation chamber.
- Talk to Garkor.
- Talk to Awowogei.
- Talk to Garkor again.
Chapter IV[edit | edit source]
- Talk to King Narnode in the Gnome Stronghold.
- Talk to Nieve.
- Walk around the Gnome Stronghold, and kill 4 tortured gorillas until Nieve notifies you to find Garkor. (They will only attack with melee and can be safespotted behind various objects)
- Gear up with 2 attack styles and go northwest of the Grand Tree to Garkor. (near the swamp toad and king worm swamp and the tortoise enclosure)
- Talk to Garkor and leave the gnome stronghold.
- Go northeast and enter the cave.
- Follow the path to Glough.
- Kill the 2 tortured gorillas and 2 demonic gorillas. It's recommended to kill one tortured gorilla, then the Demonic gorilla that jumps down. Then proceed to kill the other tortured gorilla and demonic gorilla.
- At this point you can safely teleport out and restock. Glough can hit 66 with his melee attack and 40+ with his ranged attack.
Chapter V[edit | edit source]
- Go to the next room and attack Glough until he moves on to the next room. He can be safespotted in this first room.
- In this second room, lure Glough back to the first room and hug the north wall two squares past the divot to safespot him with ranged/magic (because praying ranged does not protect you) until he moves on to the next room.
- In the final room, kill Glough. It is recommended to use protect from melee if you're close to Glough and protect from magic if you're at a distance. He will try to push/pull you depending on your location. (Can be flinched with a bow with an attack range of ten or more)
- Talk to Zooknock and ask him to teleport you to the Grand Tree.
- Talk to King Narnode.
Rewards[edit | edit source]
- 4 Quest points
- 25,000 Slayer experience
- 20,000 Agility experience
- 15,000 Thieving experience
- 15,000 Hunter experience
- Access to the Crash Site Cavern containing Demonic Gorillas.
- The ability to communicate with monkeys without the monkeyspeak amulet.
- All NPCs on the surface of Ape Atoll will be non-aggressive without requiring the use of Monkey greegrees.
- Access to Ape Atoll bank and Oobapohk's Javelin Store.
- Access to new glider spot directly to Ape Atoll.
- 2x 50,000 experience rewards from Duke in your choice of Magic, Ranged, Attack, Defence, Strength or Hitpoints. Found on the hill east of main gate of Ape Atoll. (Walk up west hill, and climb the ladder to reach the east hill.)
- Ability to wield the Heavy ballista.
- A Royal seed pod, which provides unlimited teleports to the Grand Tree (up to level 30 Wilderness).
- A Monkey can be found in one of the crates at the Crash Site. It is purely cosmetic and can be equipped in the cape slot.
- Bobawu will now track your laps of the Ape Atoll Agility Course, with you being able to transform your monkey into other variants upon completing a number of laps
- The ability to re-fight Glough by gazing into the Burning brazier in Zooknock's house.
- The ability to reclaim lost Greegrees from Zooknock in his Gnome Stronghold house (no supplies required).
- Access to a new maniacal monkey hunting area where Glough's laboratory used to be in Kruk's Dungeon.
- Various dragons will now drop dragon javelin heads.